Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router

Definitely increase the number of networking vids, love to see some more NAS stuff in particular.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

they are clearly aiming at the enthusiast and the modder but that like Linus said its appeal was on its aggressive pricing.

but like he said the widely used broadacom soc that is used on almost all new mid range and highend routers already work with 3rd part firmwares like tomato and dd-wrt

the wrt1900ac promises 3rd party support etc but right now its buggy and i dont think any builds exist yet

even if it existed the only advantage i see to this router is faster storage performance

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Agreed. More networking is more better

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Can you please make more networking videos.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

This router is to overpriced to justify the features atm.

Especially here in Norway were the router is priced at 420 USD.

We must wait and see, but my old pc is still my router atm :)

more wireless router videos but just one issue could you have like a graph or something for the ranges that would be ice good video :D

I'd quite like to see a techquickie about home networking in general, from routers to other various settings to wireless/wired standards and just some general how-to's I guess

I NEED IT!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

if your going to do more wireless based stuff make it a bit different.

Solve real world problems, bad wifi in the basement or atic, sharing you wifi with close relatives ect.

People need to know how to set up repeaters, extend there wifi, the existence of power line.

There is even dmz stuff where you can transmit an affiliated wifi hotspot so you get free access to the whole WiFi network.  (was tempted by this)

I done pretty much everything you can do with home networking.

I had relatives in a 2 flat that i Ethernet together so only one of them had to get a phone and internet.  and iv done wireless repeaters down street to share the internet between two houses 100m apart with directional antennas.

its amazing what you can do with $60 router on ebay and dwrt as long as it dual band supported model..

I would love to hear more about networking hardware, especially as I start looking more and more at Steam in home streaming, I want to know what could give me the best experience possible and what kind of an experience I can actually afford.

With the way wifi seems to be advancing and considering that AC is still not a finished standard yet I would have a hard time justifying an upgrade from N to AC unless there was a definite benefit like shield game streaming.  Personally I don't like combined wifi access points and routers anyways as they usually are inferior to to separate and dedicated solutions.  It really would be neat if the wifi was on a separate pcb that could be pulled out and upgraded in the future.  TP-Links Archer C7 AC1750 uses a mini pcie wireless chip inside but that is only for the 5Ghz band.  

184853-3.jpg

This interests me more and I am sure the moding community would appreciate more options and upgrades but it is a conflict of interests for the companies who make these routers to extend the life of a product instead of just making a whole new slightly better model 6 months later.

1 Timothy 1:15

This thing is wayyy overpriced. You can find decent to good router for 150 or under unless you have some specific needs.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if they could get to the $175-200 range. I have had nothing but good luck with the 4 different linksys routers I have owned and the countless I have recommenced to others

What I care the most is range (do a whole house, no mater where the router is) and reliability.

I'd really like to see more networking videos. Its hard to find good videos on networking by people I trust.

CPU:   Intel 3570K @ 3.4GHZ              GPU: EVGA GTX 570                          Case:    Cooler Master Storm Scout

MoBo: ASUS P8Z877-V LK                  SSD: 126GB Kingston SSD                 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212

RAM:  8GB GSkill Ripjaws                    HDD: 2TB Segate Barracuda              PSU:      OCZ 750W

Linksys doesn't understand!  they are trying to make the ultimate router at an INSANE price for people to hack and put custom firmware on, well.  I feel this is almost like a failure because as Linus says.  Most times the custom firmware and stuff goes on cheaper routers, if this had 1/2 the capacity, 1/2 the storage speed and maybe cut down on a couple antenna or heaven forbid not use AC wireless.  If that meant they could make It a ton less money, then I think it would be gladly taken in. 

Please, more networking stuff! I like it so much. My thoughts on the router: Meh. I don't really care. I have an AC68U and its been running well. Just waiting for third party software.

I love how $250 is such a big deal for such a good router. For Australia that is crazy cheap. A Netgear R7000 is $319 here... and $200 on Newegg. Thanks Australian price gouging!