Linksys WRT1900AC Wireless Router

that router has great storage speeds (thanks to that Marvell soc)  but the price is just insane ,this router has a huge profit margin

one of the main reasons the wrt54 was popular was the price and linksys made a BIG mistake here i doubt anyone will bother buying this router at that price

AC1900 router are fairly new you could get them around $200 and below

so pricing this at $270+ is confusing ,Who are they targeting ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Overpriced but I would love to see more networking gear reviews.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

More networking videos would be great, actually.

as for the product, it needs a price reduction before we see much/any modder support.

Woo!

I would absolutely love to hear more about networking hardware. 

The Tek Syndicate guys do some stuff.. like discussing pfSense.. and some NAS stuff.. But it's not necessarily the be all end all of those things. I'd love to watch things about.. the best way to setup your NAS.. giving a low, medium and high price point.. and just more networking info and hardware / software in general from you guys!

I don't know if it's me, but I feel like the colours are a bit over saturated / maybe a tad over exposed? (not as soft looking as a few videos ago)

And the mic volume sounds like it has been bumped up too high or something, making it feel like it's distorted when it peeks. (sort of hard to tell)

Not really a complaint but it does look and sound a little bit weirder than roughly 10 or so videos ago.

qualitydifference.png

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

no not really interested in this sextion of reviews
nah linksys is not winning my $$ with this price

EVGA GAMING INSIDE

I don't know if it's me, but I feel like the colours are a bit over saturated / maybe a tad over exposed? (not as soft looking as a few videos ago)

And the mic volume sounds like it has been bumped up too high or something, making it feel like it's distorted when it peeks. (sort of hard to tell)

Not really a complaint but it does look and sound a little bit weirder than roughly 10 or so videos ago.

qualitydifference.png

im not a camera guy but i think its because youtube is now allowing higher bitrates

the editing guy maybe wasnt prepared and was using older settings because colors used to look bad preyoutube bitrate  change

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I've been really excited about this router since it was announced. However, I'm not sure it will be my next router/access point. I'd rather put my money towards an access point from Ubiquity, Ruckus, Cisco etc. 

I would love to see more reviews of this sort. On a side note, has anyone else noticed the audio seems very compressed?

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

I'd like to see more networking videos.

It's a shame that it is so expensive. If I'd hacking stuff, I'd rather it not be expensive stuff.

Personally i've been burned in the past by using an old Linksys router. While it worked, it would occasionally drop wifi entirely and sometimes I had to completely restart the router for the ethernet port my 360 operated on (long while ago) because it would just entirely stop working. Everyone else in the house was on a wired connection and never had a problem with the router. I don't remember specifically which it was, but it didn't look exactly like the older one Linus showed in the video, it had less LED's and stuff. So i've long ago written off Linksys as a competent company. Don't worry Net Gear is too for me... just horrible equipment.  I am interested in this router slightly however, but it might be a bit too late for me. While Linksys may have gotten their crap together since then, and it seems most never had the problems I had, after learning I can build my own router out of an old PC (or new parts like i'm going to) I see no reason for a pre-built router. Being able to upgrade the wireless inside the router sounds like a really good selling point for me, and being able to upgrade the processor and or any ram it might need just sounds amazing. I'm not throwing a 4770k or anything into it, but anything I can possibly throw at it I assume would be a ton better than pretty much any router I can purchase on the market.

In short, if Linksys could prove to me that this router would be the last router I had to buy for a very long time and would be stable without the headache i've had in the past, I would buy this router. But since i'm looking at a more upgradable and controllable alternative, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to pass on this one. I would love to be able to give Linksys another shot, but i'm probably going to have to continue to point people toward the Asus routers. My RT-N66U hasn't failed me yet, and hopefully it will be replaced before it ever gets a chance to let me down.

I've been looking for an AC router for a while now but everything is pretty expensive at the moment. More reviews in this category would sure be appreciated!

Please make more videos about internal network stuff

i would love to see more reviews on the networking area 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I've become more intersted in netwoking lately so I'd love to see more videos on it. Do you have videos on the other routers mentioned at the end?

It would be nice to have some home-netwoking for newbs videos. I've only ever used the router that you get from the isp. If you use your own router do you have to get a modem from the your isp instead of the router?

Not only networking product reviews, but some educational videos. What all the jargon is, setting up a single network with multiple access points, pfsense, Windows home server etc.

I've become more intersted in netwoking lately so I'd love to see more videos on it. Do you have videos on the other routers mentioned at the end?

You can search the channel for what ever you'd like, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/search?query=network

You could also try "router", "wireless" or even "gigabit"

Just found this one. I would love to see more of this industrial grade networking gear. :)

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

It would be nice to have some home-netwoking for newbs videos. I've only ever used the router that you get from the isp. If you use your own router do you have to get a modem from the your isp instead of the router?

To answer it briefly, you'll set up your other networking gear to all connect to your router which has a special "WAN" or "Wide Area Network" port which will then plug into your modem (Linus points out the yellow WAN port for the WRT1900AC in the video).

The networking sub-forum should help you. Especially the FAQ post available here.

:)

I'd like to see more networking videos.

It's a shame that it is so expensive. If I'd hacking stuff, I'd rather it not be expensive stuff.

Doesn't have to be extremely expensive, for example you can pick up the Linksys WRT54G for as low as $40 (refurbished) and you could look into a Raspberry pi, although performance would be lacking compared to more modern/expensive products.

It all depends on what you want your network to do for you.

More network stuff videos will be definitely appreciated ! :)

Also it would be great to see some "internet of things" products like Tado, Nest and so on...

Would love to see more coverage on good ~$100 price range AC routers. Maybe a router comparison video?

that router has great storage speeds (thanks to that Marvell soc)  but the price is just insane ,this router has a huge profit margin

one of the main reasons the wrt54 was popular was the price and linksys made a BIG mistake here i doubt anyone will bother buying this router at that price

AC1900 router are fairly new you could get them around $200 and below

so pricing this at $270+ is confusing ,Who are they targeting ?

they are clearly aiming at the enthusiast and the modder but that like Linus said its appeal was on its aggressive pricing.

I must say I love this router it was the first router I bought and still working in my house the damn thing need range extenders but works like a champ. sad thing with this new one  the price is over kill but I am going to buy it because I am looking to upgrade to AC wireless, I have AC wireless ready hardware only thing if the firmware/software that come out of the box isn't too good I think we could get our own team in the forum to mod it as well xD