Why do I have 80 Staff?

SeanLMG

Running a tech YouTube channel is no easy task, especially when you have to cover things like AMD CPUs, Nvidia GPUs, Computer Cases, Hard Drives, oh yeah, and making custom merch, like screwdrivers and backpacks and running a streaming website, oh yeah, and then I need people to clean the building because I don't have time... and who will help me move? Or build my house? Or find sponsors for me to tell you about? Oh, man... this is getting out of hand.

At 2:55 - What kind of keyboard does he have?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

5 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

At 2:55 - What kind of keyboard does he have?

Do people think 80 staff is a lot because the restaurant I waitressed at was double that. and it was just a normal sized restaurant in a small town.

More tech content please...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

Do people think 80 staff is a lot because the restaurant I waitressed at was double that. and it was just a normal sized restaurant in a small town.

how does that place pay for so much staff tho thats kinda nuts when you think about it

15 minutes ago, Rellik66 said:

Thanks dude ❤️

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

6 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

how does that place pay for so much staff tho thats kinda nuts when you think about it

They don't. It's called tipping.

6 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

well i'll give you one guess how a restaurant in 2008 "pays" that much staff mostly made up of highschoolers lol

Seems like Logistics is effectively the janitors of LMG. Tasked to do everything that people aren't generally arsed to do themselves. (ie, making/cleaning sets, repairing stuff, taking builds apart, etc, etc...)

But 80 staff isn't that crazy high to be fair. Though far more than some companies that LTT makes coverage of.

Awesome video! I actually LOLd hard! Great meeting the folks I follow (almost) daily.

I was wondering if there's anyone that keeps an eye out on music tech? I bought a Pioneer DDJ 400 over the weekend & had to figure out converting audio files, what cables to use & dealing with a perplexing software (hello Rekordbox).

You can see my first spin here: What am I doing!?

As per usual, greetings from Mauritius 🖖

Linus starts a video with him finishing digging a hole. Then says there are missing employees. Kinda sus

1 hour ago, emosun said:

(Insert Dr Who "is that a lot" meme here)

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, emosun said:

well i'll give you one guess how a restaurant in 2008 "pays" that much staff mostly made up of highschoolers lol

Reminds me of a breakfast place in my town.

(though its 3 locations)

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I wasn't sure what sub-forum to put this, hope it's ok here in General. (sorry mods)

I was watching the latest video, I've got a multi-monitor, setup (multiple 43" panels and some smaller ones).
Dan's setup really caught my eye.  Timestamp 8:00

• He's got this pipe framing set up looped all around his panels,
  • I see some pipes being braced forward for stability,
  • His panels look like they are hanging from the horizontal pipe,
  • With some more piping stretching over head for lighting, holding headphones, tape 

That seems like a very practical set up getting things off the desk, with potential to have some storage and parts bins hanging from the piping.

I'm not familiar with this hardware at all,
Is it repurposed camera equipment?

Hoping somebody might be able to point me the right way.

Thanks all!

I didn’t see Madison mentioned so I’m gonna assume she left at some point. Her original vid was one of my favourites ever so I was cheering for her when she started working at LTT. Hope she’s doing well

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

Just now, Maudima said:

I didn’t see Madison mentioned so I’m gonna assume she left at some point.

correct

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Did you see that keyboard? It had a wicked screen in the PC monitor side facing away from the typer and as the keyboard was angled, the screen was facing diagonally up 

Anyone know what keyboard that is? It looked amazing and frivolous!

32 minutes ago, jnuckols_3 said:

What does Linus mean by probationary employee?

The employee is on probation. In Canada employees have a 3 month probation period where the employee can quit no questions asked and the employer and let them go without severance.  LMG has an internal policy to not show probationary employees on camera so the audience can't get attached to them and so employees can't just use LMG for their own fame and then bounce.

pretty sure this video is a jab at the whole twitter thing between Jay and linus lol

5 hours ago, DeltaBruggemann said:

The employee is on probation. In Canada employees have a 3 month probation period where the employee can quit no questions asked and the employer and let them go without severance.  LMG has an internal policy to not show probationary employees on camera so the audience can't get attached to them and so employees can't just use LMG for their own fame and then bounce.

Ah, okay. I'm American (also a uni student) who would have no reason to know that. Thanks!

1 hour ago, jnuckols_3 said:

Ah, okay. I'm American (also a uni student) who would have no reason to know that. Thanks!

Companies in America have the same probationary policy. I believe it's a per-company basis, and not universal because I remember telling my older sister about it and she was confused and thought I was making it up. Dunkin Donuts has a 60-day probationary period, and I've had a couple of jobs that do 3 months.

13 hours ago, emosun said:

I'm sure it depends on the industry. If you're imagining a normal YouTuber, it would sound absolutely ridiculous that more than a handful of people are necessary to shoot, edit, and host videos like MKBHD, GamersNexus, etc.

And also you need to keep in mind that it's 80 employees that are paid well - especially considering how expensive it is live near their HQ.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |