Is the LTT Backpack washer safe?

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Anything with lots of littpe hanging pieces should be placed inside a mesh bag before putting it in the washing machine. This is as much for thr safety of your washing machine as the garment. 

I don't think we officially advertise our bag as washing machine safe, but I'd be blown away if anything bad happened to it of you run it on cold. 

Do NOT put it in the dryer. 

I apologize if it has been mentioned in any of the videos.  I recently spilled a ton of food on and in my current backpack and it is very smelly; turns out I can just chuck it in the washing machine and it will be ok.  Is the LTT backpack washing maschine safe?

Anything with lots of littpe hanging pieces should be placed inside a mesh bag before putting it in the washing machine. This is as much for thr safety of your washing machine as the garment. 

I don't think we officially advertise our bag as washing machine safe, but I'd be blown away if anything bad happened to it of you run it on cold. 

Do NOT put it in the dryer. 

• 7 months later...

It's been several months, I'd love to hear if OP (or anyone else) have put their backpack through the washer as of yet? I just had a can of soda get punctured and explode inside of mine, and aside from the loss of several electronics inside the bag, I'm reeling at the thought of needing to replace such an expensive bag so quickly. ;(

2 hours ago, TheHandsomeDan said:

It's been several months, I'd love to hear if OP (or anyone else) have put their backpack through the washer as of yet? I just had a can of soda get punctured and explode inside of mine, and aside from the loss of several electronics inside the bag, I'm reeling at the thought of needing to replace such an expensive bag so quickly. ;(

I really wouldn't recommend it, but I did recommend an alternative method here: 

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

• 3 months later...

I put my bag in the washer. No problems. It came out looking good. While I don't recommend doing this, this is how I did it. 

Clip the straps together.

Place the backpack upside down in the washer.

I set my washer to COLD water/bulky settings. (I have a small washer your wash settings my vary)

Let it run like normal and air dry.

EDIT: I did wash it with a tide pod

20230823_171725.thumb.jpg.e0f4b41a04b402aa6a4a54049672f039.jpg20230823_171742.thumb.jpg.e5e4175c801d17870c65b744949b98d9.jpg

Edited by KryptoRex

Update:

To dry it, I left it open with the open side facing a box fan that was blowing air into the backpack. It took about a day to dry. I found that the hardest place to dry was the laptop/tablet sleeves and the sunglasses pouch. (Anywhere with the microfiber material) 

Overall, I dont see any damage and the backpack looks great.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, TheHandsomeDan said: