HELP, i'm slowly loosing it, really

LawrenceBarnes2013

Yeah, only doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics, I think I may drop Biology next year and take up something easier like IT or something useless but fun.

First exam is on the 20th May, AS Physics, what a bitch.

I have friend who have done it, they say it is awful and all about microsoft access and stuff. I have a lot of friend who hate biology and are planning on dropping it for A2. I chose, maths mechanic ( horrible) physics, chemistry and economic ( interesting pretty fun and reasonable easy).

Twitter | Steam |

I live in Canada, but Physics is basically Math+Logic+History+English. You HAVE to read the question. It's not a book where you can skim through it. You  miss one thing, you're done. I learnt that the hard way. 

it's Motion that is very hard to me , too much laws and equations dx/dt=? i really can't get it , chem and nucliar ,is all good but motion, not at all

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I'm not in University yet, but I live with an older brother studying Pharmacy and cousins down the road who are in Uni, I've seen the material, it's fucked. The economics class has a 60% failure rate and it's multiple choice. But each question is a riddle and play on words.

60% failure on multiple choice.... HOW?! MC exams are so easy as the answers are there staring you in the face. our MC sections of exams are around 30 questions long and you can only get 4-5 wrong or you fail the section (and the exam)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

any way , thnx guys , i get it , less LTT an GAMING , more study wile make me feel better ,Hopefully , but not now , i'll get it started tomorrow

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I have friend who have done it, they say it is awful and all about microsoft access and stuff. I have a lot of friend who hate biology and are planning on dropping it for A2. I chose, maths mechanic ( horrible) physics, chemistry and economic ( interesting pretty fun and reasonable easy).

Yeah, I hated Maths too. I took up Maths for a week at the start of the year. As soon as I got homework, I dropped it, all the way through school, both secondary and primary,  despite always being in the top set, I zoned out of every maths lesson. It would have been too much of a bad time to do Maths at a higher level.

Chemistry is really good, I really enjoy doing it because it's super logical, Biology doesn't seem logical to me because I don't do any ancient language. As for Physics, I love it, it's a laugh in lessons and I'm getting grade A's accross the board.

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm assuming this is the Literacy test you take in Grade 10? If so, don't stress. I thought I failed it, but now 2 years later in Grade 12 I see that I got almost perfect. 

The only people I see re-taking it are REALLY de-motivated people. Teachers have a way of making things more complicated than they actually are. It's a simple test that you NEED at least a 70% to pass. If you fail, take it again the next year, if you fail again, then take the course. Either way, you'll get this requirement :)

I did not find the literacy test too hard, I think 98% of my school passed it, but your right even if you fail you can just do it again 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

The exams we had on the end of high school were being used to scare us into studying, they nowhere near as hard as our teachers had us believe. Do you guys have access to old examples of such tests?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Relax, come on now, relax.

Everything can't be as bad as you describe, relax your tense muscles.

Make up a plan to study each day, then relax by gaming afterwards and if you feel like it, study some more.

Can you control when this is going to happen? > No> So don't worry about the date

Can you control whether you do well or not? > Yes> So study son!

Can you control it if you still fail either way? > No> You did your best, fuck your dad, this is your future, not his, he shouldn't be putting more stress on to you, in fact, tell him that, maybe he will appreciate your balls. (not the 'fuck' part)

Don't give a fuck and you're all good. 

Seriously... I did jack all and scored 86 average in my finals (cramming the night before) and I am not the brightest. I had expectations from family, my mum was a med student, dad an economics/business so I had a fun time /s

Find a university course you want to get into, I wanted to get into game design and development and that's what I worked towards (my "study" habits have not changed)

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

60% failure on multiple choice.... HOW?! MC exams are so easy as the answers are there staring you in the face. our MC sections of exams are around 30 questions long and you can only get 4-5 wrong or you fail the section (and the exam)

These weren't your average multiple choice questions. The question is basically a riddle like "a man who does not like not to own his non existing business." Add some big words and University material and you're fucked. People who write that exam come out not knowing how they did. You could have gotten 0%, or 100%, you have NO clue

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I did not find the literacy test too hard, I think 98% of my school passed it, but your right even if you fail you can just do it again 

I thought I failed because I was talking about Teen Pregnancy and stuff, I was so off topic. All I could think of was the cookies we get after we write the first half of the test xD

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just keep working and the results will come. 

Couldn't agree more mate

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

These weren't your average multiple choice questions. The question is basically a riddle like "a man who does not like not to own his non existing business." Add some big words and University material and you're fucked. People who write that exam come out not knowing how they did. You could have gotten 0%, or 100%, you have NO clue

People who write exams are out of touch with current day teaching ways. We had an exam that one of the questions where just absolutely wrong. It was about new technology and I guess the old man writing it was out of his comfort zone. We ended up getting that question pulled from the exam.

Although saying that. today's teaching ways are all wrong. they don't teach you a subject any more they just teach you how to pass the exam to make them look good.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

People who write exams are out of touch with current day teaching ways. We had an exam that one of the questions where just absolutely wrong. It was about new technology and I guess the old man writing it was out of his comfort zone. We ended up getting that question pulled from the exam.

Although saying that. today's teaching ways are all wrong. they don't teach you a subject any more they just teach you how to pass the exam to make them look good.

My physics teacher, throughout the whole exam he was like "The answer is "B" for 33. I didn't teach you that "

So if you don't pass, you don't graduate high school?

It's probably not going to be that bad; they can't make it too hard. Even if you aren't among the best and brightest in your graduating class, the vast majority of the dumbasses you go to school with will end up passing that thing somehow. If they can do it, so can you. 

^this is too true. What he said, too many stupid people who don't give 2 cents about school.. by the sounds of it, you care alot about school and that proves that you have a higher chance to pass than those 'dumb' donkeys over there.  Don't stress it man, your mind makes a pebble look like a boulder. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

You're one of these people that freak about when a test is coming, everyone knows someone like that.

I know it won't help but, don't worry about it - if your teachers saw you work hard throug-out the year, they'll let you redo the test if you fail, so don't worry about it.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

It sounds like the added stress of the promised upgrade money might be overloading you, and could indicate that your dad might be pushing you too hard (with the incentives etc.).

Believe it or not it might be easier to get through it if you didn't have the promise of a new computer in the back of your mind since there's a good chance it raises the stakes even higher and increases the pressure.

It's no good getting the best grades in the world (and the best computer in the world) if you destroy yourself doing it.

You said you find it hard to relax but have you tried a relaxation or meditation CD or MP3.

Also, sometimes it's good just to sleep and let your subconscious work on this stuff. When I get overloaded and I feel like everything's too much for me it often means I need to sleep, to get my energy back, to rest and refresh myself and to give my subconscious the opportunity to work through all of the mental and emotional stuff I've been accumulating.

Maybe you could talk to your dad about the pressure all of this is putting on you and explain that it's getting too much for you. Tell him you've been talking about it here and what the people have said etc. It seems he wants you to do well and not to fail but if the pressure you're under could cause you to fail it's just better that you reduce all of that stress as much as possible (incentives etc. can be counter-productive). As for the computer upgrade, maybe just say "screw it it's not worth loosing my mind over".

Also, if it's affecting you as much as it sounds like it is I'd suggest talking to a school counsellor (if you have one) and explaining what's going on. It really can help to talk this stuff out with someone specifically trained to help.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Have you tried meditation for 10 mins when you wake up, then reflect on your actions for that day for also 10 mins before bed?

Helping keep a schedule to stay on top of your life can help reduce stress and improve productivity.

Good Luck!

| CPUAMD FX-6350 4.2Ghz | MotherboardGigabyte: GA-78LMT-USB3 | RAM16 GBytes DDR3 | GPUMSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr IV OC Edition | PSU: Corsair 650W Modular +Gold Certified | Storage: 2 TB HDD |