6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok good then get the 10105f.

nah cuz OP rolled a  diff number

8 minutes ago, bal723 said:

3111234423 rolled 10 times

looks like 1 and 3 are tied

12 minutes ago, bal723 said:

no, they will be the same

hold on. You said that the GTX 980 and core i3 10100 would be too expensive, but now you say the xeon and i3 setup would cost the same? so if they cost the same you can afford the GTX 980 alongside the core i3

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What type of "full custom water cooling" are you setting up?

https://aliexpress.ru/item/32859267510.html?_ga=2.98323679.1588679719.1660658182-4376341.1652792054 plus some green water color

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Ok good then get the 10105f. That is the better gaming cpu on a platform that actuallt has good cpus and upgrade potential.

Ok good then get the 10105f. That is the better gaming cpu on a platform that actuallt has good cpus and upgrade potential.

i could upgrade to arc A580 with 10105f and i could get something like i3 10325f or i5 10400kf for A770

Gtx 980 + whatever cpu + board combo you can get for the rest of your budget

X79 and 99 is laughable garbage only good if you need many cores for dirt cheap (iirc e5 2683 v3 ~50$ on ali for an 18 core), and at this budget if you wanna custom water you ghetto it out of car parts at this budget, cant do that then throw custom water in the dumpster cause its useless garnage anyways

used 1-2 gen older than current gen seems to be the best rn, used ryzen mobos are dirt cheap and used ryzens may be found for cheap too. Heck theres even new stuff thats very fast yet cheap like the 12100f + h610

Just now, Fasauceome said:

nah cuz OP rolled a  diff number

looks like 1 and 3 are tied

hold on. You said that the GTX 980 and core i3 10100 would be too expensive, but now you say the xeon and i3 setup would cost the same? so if they cost the same you can afford the GTX 980 alongside the core i3

but the gtx 980 has water block on it, if i take with fans, it would cost like i bought with custom loop

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Gtx 980 + whatever cpu + board combo you can get for the rest of your budget

X79 and 99 is laughable garbage only good if you need many cores for dirt cheap (iirc e5 2683 v3 ~50$ on ali for an 18 core), and at this budget if you wanna custom water you ghetto it out of car parts at this budget, cant do that then throw custom water in the dumpster cause its useless garnage anyways

used 1-2 gen older than current gen seems to be the best rn, used ryzen mobos are dirt cheap and used ryzens may be found for cheap too. Heck theres even new stuff thats very fast yet cheap like the 12100f + h610

12100f pretty expensive for 500$ build also no ryzens in my system

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

12100f pretty expensive for 500$ build also no ryzens in my system

Used intel is pretty shit usually but maybe you can get cheap 10th/11th gen though keep in mind ryzen 3000 will match/beat those at the same or cheaper price accounting used ryzen boards so if ryzens cheaper then up to you if you prefer brand loyalty or performance

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Used intel is pretty shit usually but maybe you can get cheap 10th/11th gen though keep in mind ryzen 3000 will match/beat those at the same or cheaper price accounting used ryzen boards so if ryzens cheaper then up to you if you prefer brand loyalty or performance

i have been told by linus to not buy used motherboards because people sell them as normal but they are broken

plus i dont want to buy anything used in my system (except for optane)

i have been told by linus to not buy used motherboards because people sell them as normal but they are broken

plus i dont want to buy anything used in my system (except for optane)

Bro you are contradicting the crap out of yourself

You are telling me you dont wanna buy used yet you still buy used gpu, cpu, mobo, etc. Now thats alotta hypocrisy

If you get a shit system then dont blame us, already tried telling you that there are better options

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Bro you are contradicting the crap out of yourself

You are telling me you dont wanna buy used yet you still buy used gpu, cpu, mobo, etc. Now thats alotta hypocrisy

If you get a shit system then dont blame us, already tried telling you that there are better options

i mean the components that are not in xeon build

19 minutes ago, bal723 said:

but the gtx 980 has water block on it, if i take with fans, it would cost like i bought with custom loop

Then get the i3 + a different gpu.

Just now, jaslion said:

Then get the i3 + a different gpu.

i get the 10th gen only cuz its arc compatable, plus it will have a gpu and cpu upgrade ablitiy

3 minutes ago, bal723 said:

i mean the components that are not in xeon build

That xeon board is also used 10000%. Just because it says new on ali doesnt mean it is.

They are made with literal scrap components from server boards and are of dubious quality. No board is the same and they either last a couple years or are soon dead

Just now, bal723 said:

i get the 10th gen only cuz its arc compatable, plus it will have a gpu and cpu upgrade ablitiy

Well get the i3 and a good gpu. Arc is garbage right now and the likelyhood of it being fixed is low.

So basically get the i3 + whatever decent gpu. The cost of that watercooler + the price of a a310 should easily get you a used gtx 980, gtx 1060 6gb, rx480, rx580,...

That xeon board is also used 10000%. Just because it says new on ali doesnt mean it is.

They are made with literal scrap components from server boards and are of dubious quality. No board is the same and they either last a couple years or are soon dead

atleast its on x79 chipset (not the server ones)

Just now, jaslion said:

Well get the i3 and a good gpu. Arc is garbage right now and the likelyhood of it being fixed is low.

So basically get the i3 + whatever decent gpu. The cost of that watercooler + the price of a a310 should easily get you a used gtx 980, gtx 1060 6gb, rx480, rx580,...

the a310 is dirt cheap

atleast its on x79 chipset (not the server ones)

If its an aliexpress board its not.

Its the same ol server c602 chipset but they basically put a sticker on it saying x79. Besides there is no good cpu left on x79 for gaming

If its an aliexpress board its not.

Its the same ol server c602 chipset but they basically put a sticker on it saying x79.

then it would have better xeon optimization

Just now, jaslion said:

Yeah 100$ add that 60$ for the watercooler and boom instant better used card

why do i need to play extra money for water cooler if i got locked cpu

then it would have better xeon optimization

why do i need to play extra money for water cooler if i got locked cpu

There is no xeon optimization. That doesnt exist. x79 and c602 will perform the same for a xeon.

You dont.

You just dont get what I am saying.

Spend the 170$ that a watercooler + a310 would cost on a good used graphics card.

The 10105f runs fine with a stock cooler so no need to waste money there

2 minutes ago, bal723 said:

xeon optimization

Can you describe the "Xeon optimization" that a C602 motherboard from AliExpress has?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, jaslion said:

There is no xeon optimization. That doesnt exist. x79 and c602 will perform the same for a xeon.

You dont.

You just dont get what I am saying.

Spend the 170$ that a watercooler + a310 would cost on a good used graphics card.

The 10105f runs fine with a stock cooler so no need to waste money there

this water cooler is for gpu and cpu at same time

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Can you describe the "Xeon optimization" that a C602 motherboard from AliExpress has?

well, as the chipset is from server, it means it must be optimized for server cpus ig

Just now, bal723 said:

this water cooler is for gpu and cpu at same time

Ok well then get the i3 if you are getting gtx 980 for cheap.

The xeon sucks for gaming its likr getting an amd fx 8320 for gaming

Ok well then get the i3 if you are getting gtx 980 for cheap.

The xeon sucks for gaming its likr getting an amd fx 8320 for gaming

gtx 980 is often costs like 15k rubles (250$) if u get the fan version, but if u get water cooled (only 1 on avito) it will be 10k rubles

7 minutes ago, bal723 said:

gtx 980 is often costs like 15k rubles (250$) if u get the fan version, but if u get water cooled (only 1 on avito) it will be 10k rubles

Watercooling will be a headache. You'll spend more to get such a system running, will spend more time keeping it runnig, will spend more nights sleepless worried that it doesn't leak and have less resell value years down the line when you decide to sell.

Investing into a normal 980 is far more sensible to do. You'll get to reuse that 980 far more.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker