I am trying to sell my a family members pc. It has a

Evga gforce 2060

2x16gb Ballistx 3200

Asus prime 370

1tb Samsung 970 evo

Corsair CX750M

240mm Corsair aio

4-240mm fans

iCUE 220T case. Was only use for design. I wasn't sure if you look up each piece and add it up and price around that. It's easy to sell one piece but wasn't sure how to price the whole thing. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, AllTattersNoBrains said:

I wasn't sure if you look up each piece and add it up and price around that.

That's the starting point. Of course you want to look at the prices the components are selling for in the second-hand market (looking at sold listings on eBay is an easy way) and not the inflated prices they're selling for as "new old stock."

Once you've summed up based on a fair value for all of the individual parts, you can consider adding a small amount on top for the convenience someone is getting of being able to buy a finished system without having to do any building. Of course, to sell a complete system you kind of have to wait for the ideal buyer who wants that convenience and likes your parts to come along. Often times it's easier, though maybe not quite as lucrative, to sell the components individually. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Your local marketplace will have the biggest bearing on overall price, but it shouldn't be too far off what you'd otherwise be able to get on eBay. Get the rough cost of each part by itself, add it together, and mark the price up about 20%. Gives you room to haggle with a buyer and also includes value for the already built machine.

When looking online, I'm usually annoyed by lists that omit things like power supply model and such. Having every detail included in brief will be helpful to buyers.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'm glad that you asked because the used market is a nightmare to navigate - not because buying used is a bad thing, but because too many people have no idea what the market value of their item is.

Kudos for asking!

Obviously there are a lot of things to consider. Firstly, the "hard value" of the item:

An i9-9900k had an MSRP of $488.00 USD. In practice, it sold for closer to $459.99 from most US retailers such as Amazon, or Micro Center, and was even cheaper when bundled with a board or PSU.

If we use the baseline of $450 USD that it was widely available for, than the next thing you need to consider is it's "current value". Right now and Amazon a new (not used or refurbished) i9-9900k sells for about $329.99. retailers that still have these in stock such as Micro Center offer a similar price.

Obviously you cannot charge more for a used item than a buyer to would spend to buy that same item in new condition, so your price should fall below that $329.99.

Next, consider the "soft value" of the item - this is the value of the i9-9900k as it compares to say a 10900k, 11900k, or 12900k. The i9-9900k provide no benefit over the newer parts, buyers would get small performance gains by looking at the more recent models, which are also include a new-item warranty in their price.

You always want to consider scarcity. If your used item is rare, or collectible, that adds value, but since the 9th gen Intel CPUs and their boards were never scarce, and are still readily available in new condition, there is no extra value added here.

Next you want to consider that your bundle of items (board, CPU, cooler, RAM, Case, etc.) are all together, and the buyer does not get to pick and choose them, you are removing agency and choice, and that reduces value for anyone who would be in the market for a PC to put together (this CAN be a value add if your buyer is looking for a completed system and doesn't have the ability or interest to assemble it themselves).

Also consider that your parts no longer have a warranty, and are already 4 years old. Meaning the buyer will get 4 years less (on average) than they would get from a newer system.

If the sum of all your parts was something like $1500 at the time the system was built, and the cost to assemble that same system with new parts now is $1250, than I would recommend a price of $900 or $1000 USD. This is because your items are used, and in unknown condition, have no warranty, and will not last as long as a new system. It also includes the value add of being pre-built.

This isn't a rule - it's not like all used items are "worth" 60% of their new counterparts. But it is VERY rare for older, used items to be as valuable as new ones, and PC parts simply do not hold their value well.

The final thing you need to consider is both sides of demand. How great is the need for this specific item in the eyes of the buyer, and how badly do you want it gone?

It's unlikely that there is a buyer out there shopping for EXACTLY what you are selling in this case - and when you set your price you need to consider how long it will take to sell it. If you're asking $1,000, you may be sitting on it for a long time - if you're asking $900 it may sell sooner, and if you intentionally value it on the lower side at say $800, it will almost certainly sell VERY fast as a savvy buyer will recognize a good value.

As a final note, I live in the USA where all these parts are both affordable, and readily available. If you are selling in a different market such as the EU where items are both more expensive, and more scarce, my examples will not apply.

19 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

9900K- $130

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=9900k&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

They're going for a lot more than that used on ebay.

I actually didn't realize how much they're going for..... Might have to tear mine out of my folding rig...

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=9900k&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

They're going for a lot more than that used on ebay.

I actually didn't realize how much they're going for..... Might have to tear mine out of my folding rig...

The top Intel chip for any generation (i7 and now i9) is always stupidly overpriced in the secondhand market. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

17 hours ago, Middcore said:

That's the starting point. Of course you want to look at the prices the components are selling for in the second-hand market (looking at sold listings on eBay is an easy way) and not the inflated prices they're selling for as "new old stock."

Once you've summed up based on a fair value for all of the individual parts, you can consider adding a small amount on top for the convenience someone is getting of being able to buy a finished system without having to do any building. Of course, to sell a complete system you kind of have to wait for the ideal buyer who wants that convenience and likes your parts to come along. Often times it's easier, though maybe not quite as lucrative, to sell the components individually. 

Thank you

17 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

9900K- $130

Mobo- $75

RAM- $75

2060- $200

Case- $35

PSU- $70

Probably about $600-$700

Thanks

17 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Your local marketplace will have the biggest bearing on overall price, but it shouldn't be too far off what you'd otherwise be able to get on eBay. Get the rough cost of each part by itself, add it together, and mark the price up about 20%. Gives you room to haggle with a buyer and also includes value for the already built machine.

When looking online, I'm usually annoyed by lists that omit things like power supply model and such. Having every detail included in brief will be helpful to buyers.

Yeah it's really annoying when a seller doesn't tell you what model it is. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, OrdinaryPhil said:

I'm glad that you asked because the used market is a nightmare to navigate - not because buying used is a bad thing, but because too many people have no idea what the market value of their item is.

Kudos for asking!

Obviously there are a lot of things to consider. Firstly, the "hard value" of the item:

An i9-9900k had an MSRP of $488.00 USD. In practice, it sold for closer to $459.99 from most US retailers such as Amazon, or Micro Center, and was even cheaper when bundled with a board or PSU.

If we use the baseline of $450 USD that it was widely available for, than the next thing you need to consider is it's "current value". Right now and Amazon a new (not used or refurbished) i9-9900k sells for about $329.99. retailers that still have these in stock such as Micro Center offer a similar price.

Obviously you cannot charge more for a used item than a buyer to would spend to buy that same item in new condition, so your price should fall below that $329.99.

Next, consider the "soft value" of the item - this is the value of the i9-9900k as it compares to say a 10900k, 11900k, or 12900k. The i9-9900k provide no benefit over the newer parts, buyers would get small performance gains by looking at the more recent models, which are also include a new-item warranty in their price.

You always want to consider scarcity. If your used item is rare, or collectible, that adds value, but since the 9th gen Intel CPUs and their boards were never scarce, and are still readily available in new condition, there is no extra value added here.

Next you want to consider that your bundle of items (board, CPU, cooler, RAM, Case, etc.) are all together, and the buyer does not get to pick and choose them, you are removing agency and choice, and that reduces value for anyone who would be in the market for a PC to put together (this CAN be a value add if your buyer is looking for a completed system and doesn't have the ability or interest to assemble it themselves).

Also consider that your parts no longer have a warranty, and are already 4 years old. Meaning the buyer will get 4 years less (on average) than they would get from a newer system.

If the sum of all your parts was something like $1500 at the time the system was built, and the cost to assemble that same system with new parts now is $1250, than I would recommend a price of $900 or $1000 USD. This is because your items are used, and in unknown condition, have no warranty, and will not last as long as a new system. It also includes the value add of being pre-built.

This isn't a rule - it's not like all used items are "worth" 60% of their new counterparts. But it is VERY rare for older, used items to be as valuable as new ones, and PC parts simply do not hold their value well.

The final thing you need to consider is both sides of demand. How great is the need for this specific item in the eyes of the buyer, and how badly do you want it gone?

It's unlikely that there is a buyer out there shopping for EXACTLY what you are selling in this case - and when you set your price you need to consider how long it will take to sell it. If you're asking $1,000, you may be sitting on it for a long time - if you're asking $900 it may sell sooner, and if you intentionally value it on the lower side at say $800, it will almost certainly sell VERY fast as a savvy buyer will recognize a good value.

As a final note, I live in the USA where all these parts are both affordable, and readily available. If you are selling in a different market such as the EU where items are both more expensive, and more scarce, my examples will not apply.

Thank you for all the information. I wasn't sure with the used market changing so much right now how I should approach this. Your response helped. 

easiest way to determine price is to look at other people selling the same thing on the same site and in the same location as you and base your prices around that.

If selling it locally in the US, the price might be different in say LA compared to Kentucky for the same item.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1. Go to your local classifieds.
  2. Compare pricing.
  3. Price accordingly.
  4. Sell
  5. Profit.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

easiest way to determine price is to look at other people selling the same thing on the same site and in the same location as you and base your prices around that.

If selling it locally in the US, the price might be different in say LA compared to Kentucky for the same item.

Thank you

13 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

9900K- $130

Mobo- $75

RAM- $75

2060- $200

Case- $35

PSU- $70

Probably about $600-$700

You can try sell for that price but peopel who know somthing about PC they never buy for that price couse they know can build new PC for same price similar preformance or even better. If you lucky maybe find who will want buy it but over all is not worth that price. Only one things you need buy is GPU from second hand too fit in that price other part can get new not used.  12th Gen I3 show better preformance in new games or in old get have same FPS vs old 9900K and it cost same.

I3 12100F for example even less bottleneck with RTX 3080 and it cost less than your old used 9900K

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

This subforum is used for appraisals too (as can be seen from description). The important info to present to other members are full parts lists (with brands and as much other info about models as possible), is the listing going to be made as full or as parts, you locality (for price ranges).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

38 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

This subforum is used for appraisals too (as can be seen from description). The important info to present to other members are full parts lists (with brands and as much other info about models as possible), is the listing going to be made as full or as parts, you locality (for price ranges).

Ah thanks. I didn't see the appraisal part. 

4 hours ago, Winterlight said:

You can try sell for that price but peopel who know somthing about PC they never buy for that price couse they know can build new PC for same price similar preformance or even better. If you lucky maybe find who will want buy it but over all is not worth that price. Only one things you need buy is GPU from second hand too fit in that price other part can get new not used.  12th Gen I3 show better preformance in new games or in old get have same FPS vs old 9900K and it cost same.

I3 12100F for example even less bottleneck with RTX 3080 and it cost less than your old used 9900K

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Communist_Empire said:

PCPartPicker can determine the prices of each of the components!

Thanks