A section on the forum to ask (and vote on?) questions

FlexIble

So as far as I understand you can currently ask questions or send messages is during the WAN show by buying something over at lttstore.com. I understand that you have to do it pretty early on in the show though as there's just so many questions that they can't possibly answer them all and they get curated on a first come first serve basis. This has some obvious downsides as there might be some really good questions further down the line that you simply can't get to with this approach and on top of that there's no real way to gauge how much the community would like to have an answer to a question. And on a more basic level: buying something from lttstore.com just to ask a question seems like a silly way of doing things.

I don't think the merch messages should go away or anything. I think they are actually pretty nice and I enjoy listening to them during the show but I do think the community can benefit greatly from a place to ask questions specifically about LTT. And judging by the amount of questions being asked on the show I think there would be a lot of people willing to engage with a system like this. Whether these would be answered on the forum itself, during the WAN show or wherever, and other details about the actual implementation of something like this I will leave open for discussion although I will say that there definitely are a lot of existing Q&A platforms out there that you can take a lot of inspiration from.

Are you proposing LTT forums to have a section where users could join, ask questions, create polls and even interact with Mr Tech Tips himself? Lol... Entire the purpose of this forum is just that. If you post a question, poll or anything LTT related in either general discussion (if its tech related) or in off topic mods leave them up there as long as its not a total shitpost.

WAN thing is just there to people who like to throw money at people to be heard or seek attention.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The point of merch messages is to give something back to those who want to ask questions from Linus directly. And that's how that will continue to be. Linus has business to run, his employees have work to do. Answering, usually either repeating questions, NDA/videos related questions and troubleshooting/buyers guide questions is not in their interests. They do, however, tend to discuss with community in video threads.

Now, if you or anyone else wants to ask pretty much any thing LMG related, you can do so. Some of us have followed LMG since before the company existed so we just might know answer to your question. Plus there are threads and subforums for video suggestions and such if you want the team to know something more specific.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/6/2022 at 12:07 PM, FlexIble said:

-snip-

I've actually considered something like this, basically Socialized(?) Merch Messages for those unable to buy merch messages themselves. I believe merch messages are limited to 1000-2000(?) characters. So 3-6 300 character messages would be voted on to be included which the merchandice being sent back to Creator Wearhouse. Granted, there's no guarentee that the Socialized Merch Messages will be read but it's something I've thought of regardless.

Spoiler

Especially after fubar'ing a superchat back in the day that made me look like an attention seeker because I had been gone a while due to moving. 😭

Edit: Screw it. OurMerchMessage.com coming soon™

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor