If there's a username behind the cursor when you're reacting to a post, the hover card is appended to the bottom page

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've identified the issue, and reported it to IPS.

Browser, version and OS: FF 101

Steps to reproduce?

Open any thread, with a post that has a reaction. If the correct reaction is selected such that the cursor is over the username of the user that has reacted to it already, the hovercard for the user will be appended at the bottom of the page.

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

Looking at the source, the top, left and position: absolute properties are missing on the hovercard.

This is mildly irritating when browsing through a multi page thread and I react to a bunch of posts, and when I reach the bottom of the page, this thing has popped out of nowhere. It's easy to dismiss by just hovering and un-hovering it though, but it occurs fairly frequently.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Tried another web browser? because I can't seem to replicate this issue on google chrome

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 hours ago, Kanna said:

Tried another web browser? because I can't seem to replicate this issue on google chrome

Happens on Chrome too, just checked

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

26 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Just tried it on multiple posts to recreate it in Chrome as well with no luck. Have you tried disabling any extensions to confirm its not a bad interaction causing it?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Just tried it on multiple posts to recreate it in Chrome as well with no luck. Have you tried disabling any extensions to confirm its not a bad interaction causing it?

To me it happens at random,once a week.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Must be something at your end, because I can't reproduce 

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

10 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Have you tried disabling any extensions to confirm its not a bad interaction causing it?

Disabled all extensions, no luck.

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

Must be something at your end, because I can't reproduce 

Vishera is able to reproduce, so clearly not a problem on my end.

^

VPN Server Guide

I was also able to reproduce this just now, also Firefox.

image.png.8d8cedb2d22f1055f4df4bc9748cad84.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Disabled all extensions, no luck.

Vishera is able to reproduce, so clearly not a problem on my end.

15 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

I was also able to reproduce this just now, also Firefox.

image.png.8d8cedb2d22f1055f4df4bc9748cad84.png

For the ones able to reproduce, try to find things to rule out because I have tried on different browsers and I can't reproduce it

Reminder⚠️

image.thumb.png.531b2ccf47774f719b669450cb7fd4ee.png

Just happened to me.

I use Brave Version 1.41.96 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114
A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Happens to me randomly

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅