The M2 Macbook Air reviews are here

saltycaramel
On 7/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, Obioban said:

Or just values the smaller chassis and lack of fan more than any of those items. 

That's why I'm having trouble deciding between the new air and a 14" Pro. 

Stick a thermal pad in there to get more equivalent performance. Just don't game on your lap.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:09 AM, Marko1600 said:

Personally I dislike it, it's hard to say whether or not it's Apple's fault or just external limitations... but it's a price hike + thermal throttling issues + missing NAND chip + extremely overpriced storage and RAM upgrades + 8Gb 200gb's at 1200. And the worst part: wimpy app support and wimpy GPU, Apple silicon is overrated IMO.

I don't understand who this device is for, the m1 is for students, m1 pro/max for professionals... but M2? For suckers to want the newest apple products, gaining almost nothing from it. 

Looks cool though, any human with a bit of integrity and self respect won't buy this laptop, you support bad products and all you'll get is more bad products, Apple doesn't look at customer reviews, they look at sales. And if m2 air sells more than m1 air, M3 air is going to be a howler... it's as tho you have a tube connecting your as*hole to your mouth. You buy sh*t now and you'll get sh*t later 

Unless you are just riding the anti-Apple-hype-train and/or generally trolling...

... the only possible explanation I can find is that you have a very specific use case that you project on everything and everyone - gaming as the sole purpose of pcs. So anything outside of gaming you sort into a couple of bins: cheap/small = student and grandma, expensive/big = professionals; with blindly hyping over spec-sheets above anything else.

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

(Tim Cook is obsessed with sharing customer satisfaction data)

Twitter? Or are you talking about their events? I'm basing my opinion mostly off Max tech videos. The m2 air apparently starts throttling while exporting/rendering a picture in lightroom, which results in M1 air beating it out because of better thermals and better ssd?

cheers 

2 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

Unless you are just riding the anti-Apple-hype-train and/or generally trolling

I'm mostly a fanboy of their good products, I'm not trolling? It's just an opinion

gaming as the sole purpose of pcs.

I don't game, haven't touched a game on any device for years,  you're probably more of a gamer than I am. mostly interested in video editing and blender performance-performance wise

with blindly hyping over spec-sheets above anything else.

I'm not doing that at all...

1 minute ago, Marko1600 said:

Twitter? Or are you talking about their events? I'm basing my opinion mostly off Max tech videos. The m2 air apparently starts throttling while exporting/rendering a picture in lightroom, which results in M1 air beating it out because of better thermals and better ssd?

cheers 

At events and (less often) during earnings calls.

Keep in mind that Max Tech is just one outlet conducting its own series of tests. That's not to delegitimize Max Tech, but it doesn't represent the whole MacBook Air experience. Other reviews and benchmark showdowns frequently show the Air M2 pulling ahead, especially in video editing.

And besides, the simple reality is that performance is just one part of a larger picture. The Air M2 has numerous functional improvements that can make it a more appealing system than the M1 model if you care about more than raw speed.

27 minutes ago, Marko1600 said:

It's just an opinion

Sure... and you don't think you are oversimplifying and/or disregarding possible usage/preference? Because that's what it seems, with an addition of spec-sheet-hype. There is always a compromise, big or small, desktop or laptop.

I can say that the RWD or AWD/w/rear-bias hatchbacks w/ manual transmission are the only viable daily cars other than work/purpose-specific vehicles. My opinion doesn't account for someone who wants a Smart or an S-class... or those pervs who choose SUVs/Pickups.

or those pervs who choose SUVs/Pickups.

Better that though than the absolute weirdos who drive around in abominations that look like this

FF319F70-54F3-4A53-B177-97419F5DF313.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Paul Thexton said:

Better that though than the absolute weirdos who drive around in abominations that look like this

FF319F70-54F3-4A53-B177-97419F5DF313.jpeg

Kill it with fire!