Which Video Game Movie are You Dreading the Least?

Because, y'know, they're mostly terrible. :P

I saw this article on Forbes, and didn't realize that some of these were in the works (Mass Effect? Splinter Cell?). Personally, I think I'd most like to see a well-done Deus Ex: Human Revolution movie, but I'd have a sinking feeling they'd turn it into generic garbage.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/04/24/deus-ex-mass-effect-bioshock-and-more-the-latest-on-eight-video-game-movie-projects/

I love deus ex: HR. But as awesome as TLOU is, it's actually a game I wouldn't want to see tampered with, being that it feels like it uses it's medium to it's full advantage, and creates a good combination of cinematic and gameplay elements. It should be left as a game

Dreading the least... Last of Us. It's a specific type of zombie survival. Real and gritty. Not like Walking Dead which is becoming more action and extreme measures oriented, or laughable like Planet Zombie. Less Book of Eli and more The Road.

But, honestly... I want a Mass Effect or Bioshock movie.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

I think Splinter Cell since secret agent/ spy is fairly easy to pull off. My least likely to go see would be The Last of Us followed by Deus Ex

That's a tough poll.. Some unusual/interesting choices there.

I went with Warcraft, as I think they have a loooooot of context to work with, especially if it's based on the entire WarCraft series, not just WoW. Which, it seems like that's what you indicated in the poll choices.

I think it would be fun to see how they do a battle between orcs/humans, etcetc on the big screen. Definitely a 100% Geek Approved movie, lol.

Also, another reason I chose this, is due to the fact that most of the other choices seem very easy to pull off.. Spies, shooters, etc. I think this one would be pretty difficult to execute - at least, to good results.

Another I would love though, would be Mass Effect. Also would be quite interesting to say the least.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

splinter cell, there's alot of story telling room there, and It's pretty hard to make a bad secret agent movie.

I want to see the warcraft books "The last guardian","Lord of the clans" or "Rise of the horde" as movies

But mostly The last guardian... Since there is way too little Medivh content.

And if blizzard made it with their cgi it would at least look fantastic.

Human revolution is the one i am dreading the most. It could be absolutely fantastic... Or super mario brothers the movie... 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Dreading the least... Last of Us. It's a specific type of zombie survival. Real and gritty. Not like Walking Dead which is becoming more action and extreme measures oriented, or laughable like Planet Zombie. Less Book of Eli and more The Road.

But, honestly... I want a Mass Effect or Bioshock movie.

I would totally watch a well-done Bioshock 1 or Bioshock Infinite movie. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I voted "Last of Us" but I wouldn't mind seeing a Left 4 Dead movie either.

If Zoey dies... I swear to god...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I heard there will be Minecraft movie. Would like to see that, since i was a hardcore fanboy for a long time :D But out of these options it would be the last of us.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Where's "Ratchet & Clank"? I can't wait to see that one!

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

I wouldn't mind a movie based on Warcraft, at the very least I would expect a Warcraft game to be action packed, whereas the other games tend to be more based on drama that would inevitably get kiddified into a PG/PG-13 movie.

Assassin's Creed because Michael Fassbender.:D
And Bioshock would be awesome as well.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Wow, more votes than I thought there'd be for Splinter Cell :o

Bioshock, I just feel like there really is no better way to tell that story but in a game, not on the big screen

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Hopefully, the Last of Us movie won't be as bad as those types of movies usually are.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

I want to see a DayZ movie. Not a short-film like CD did, although if it was longer that would be awesome.

I want to see a DayZ movie. Not a short-film like CD did, although if it was longer that would be awesome.

But there's not really a story to DayZ. Most of the film would be looking in houses for crap and breaking your legs for no reason.

I'd personally like to see a Mirror's Edge film if it's done well. 

But there's not really a story to DayZ. Most of the film would be looking in houses for crap and breaking your legs for no reason.

Join an RP Server and tell me there's no story.

I voted "Last of Us" but I wouldn't mind seeing a Left 4 Dead movie either.

If Zoey dies... I swear to god...

A left 4 Dead movie would be interesting to see. Also to see how it would be implemented.

I can already see it. Don't worry, if the story would go according to game series, no-one dies. Except maybe Bill

Good that I'm not the only one that would like to see a Mirror's Edge movie. Though how do I think that it would be done terribly if it would actually be made?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

A left 4 Dead movie would be interesting to see. Also to see how it would be implemented.

I can already see it. Don't worry, if the story would go according to game series, no-one dies. Except maybe Bill

Good that I'm not the only one that would like to see a Mirror's Edge movie. Though how do I think that it would be done terribly if it would actually be made?

As long as they don't stray far from the story of the game, I think it could be good. It'd be interesting to see how the unique look of Mirror's Edge could be done in a film. As long as they don't make the mistake of making loads of shit up like most film adaptions.

Not a "video game" movie but I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is going to suck hard...and I really want it to be good.

Warcraft, I just don't see it adapting to the big screen well. You're talking about what, 20+ years of game lore in a 2, maybe 3 hour movie? There's no way they could make it not suck.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Yeah, I think by the law of movies, the one chick in the zombie apocalypse is probably perfectly safe.

I still would like to see a movie on that.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro