My mom says not deleting internet history can allow hackers to hack you...

BeyondSmash
Go to solution Solved by Suika,

I just read that out to her and I got cut off in the middle of reading that sentence and she said "hey! don't speak to me like that" and "how dare you"

WHAT CAN I DO?!

At this point, there is no arguing with her. Let her go on in her foolish ways, because she seems to be the type that directly relates her authority to a better grasp on general knowledge.

Hey Nowaru wants to know what anime your avatar is from? <3

Non Non Biyori

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

If for him telling her what she is saying is wrong he got into this fiasco what do you think would happen if he did what you recommend @Noctus.

...... cos im super cereal ...

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Stop stereotyping mister...i am that age.....now if you said she is another dumb or misinformed person then that would be ok as it is only generalizing. :D stereotyping is a no no...

Shhhhhh..no tears, only dreams. :ph34r:

That tends to be a stereotype that proves itself true, though. Same goes for teens who are notorious with infecting PCs across the country with bloatware, useless toolbars and other headaches to parents computers. Remember, there is truth in negative stereotypes. The fact you're on a tech forum kinda excludes you from said generalization by default.

So let me ask you something. You delete your history, cache, and cookies, etc. daily? The whole point of this was because my dad's credit card was used. Can you please understand that as I've already stated it in this thread. Also, my mom is a complete non-techie only saying whatever tech people at her job tells her. Thanks for being one sided.

Well the point is not whether I delete my history but if possibly your history was used to lets say track where and when you went on the internet and then they used the HeartBleed SSL Bug to gain access to your info on the servers you accessed.

Again, think outside of your box, the world works in more than one way or your way. If you are so bent on keeping your history, back the freaking file up and then wipe it, this way you safe you history somewhere and satisfy Mom's request as well. Two birds one stone world keeps spinning with minimal nag.  But if you want to keep belaboring it and causing more turmoil and headache then go for it.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

That tends to be a stereotype that proves itself true, though. Same goes for teens who are notorious with infecting PCs across the country with bloatware, useless toolbars and other headaches to parents computers. Remember, there is truth in negative stereotypes. The fact you're on a tech forum kinda excludes you from said generalization by default.

If so then the true stereotype is misinformed PC users. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

...... cos im super cereal ...

........cos u r an instigator of him getting his ass kicked by his mom.....nice going do you feel proud of yourself......gezzzzzz -_-

i would just say, all history does is log of the sites your viseted. there is nothing a hacker can do to it, it is allmost useless

(typed on phone, sorry for spelling errors)

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Well the point is not whether I delete my history but if possibly your history was used to lets say track where and when you went on the internet and then they used the HeartBleed SSL Bug to gain access to your info on the servers you accessed.

Again, think outside of your box, the world works in more than one way or your way. If you are so bent on keeping your history, back the freaking file up and then wipe it, this way you safe you history somewhere and satisfy Mom's request as well. Two birds one stone world keeps spinning with minimal nag.  But if you want to keep belaboring it and causing more turmoil and headache then go for it.

I am not even bent on keeping history. I delete my history. I think you've missed what I was saying. Also, I have already stated I'm not going to talk about it. I feel like you're telling me something that I already do. I have my own computer as well.

@Everyone-

I've gotten answers many times already in this thread. No need to add more contributions.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

........cos u r an instigator of him getting his ass kicked by his mom.....nice going do you feel proud of yourself......gezzzzzz -_-

You are an idiot, im clearly not being serious and having a laugh. Get better reading comprehension. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

For what it's worth, my mom says no such thing about deleting internet history.

You are an idiot, im clearly not being serious and having a laugh. Get better reading comprehension. 

Name calling is only going to make matters worse. 

@Leonard 

You guys need to chill, and get along now. OP's problem has already been resolved(to a extent), whats done is done. 

gXMZVN1.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I am not even bent on keeping history. I delete my history. I think you've missed what I was saying. Also, I have already stated I'm not going to talk about it. I feel like you're telling me something that I already do. I have my own computer as well.

@Everyone-

I've gotten answers many times already in this thread. No need to add more contributions.

I misread your post as the OP's, sorry.

Update you are the OP.

Ask the mods to lock the thread otherwise anyone seeing it going to reply and say the same as everyone else has ragging on you.

Edited by IdeaStormer

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Name calling is only going to make matters worse. 

@Leonard 

You guys need to chill, and get along now. OP's problem has already been resolved(to a extent), whats done is done. 

gXMZVN1.gif

I was never agitated nor am i angry with anyone. I am glad OP's problem has been resolved.