NEW GODLY BUILD- PLEASE HELP!

IanKava

Budget (including currency): 2,500$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming, recording, X-plane, Minecraft, COD, video editing, photo editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XzNMC6

256htz, i was wondering of i should go 1440p or 1080p, im buying in 2 weeks.

2 QUESTIONs

1. the case that i already have (lian li lancool mesh 2) comes with 3 fans. i want to get a 3 fan aio (nzxt kraken z73 rgb) but i heard that having fans on the side, tubes on the top is bad for your aio. Should i get the AIO with 2 fans and place them at the top?

2. Asus ROG Strix X570-E vs asus rog strix b550-e: will use wifi, am wondering which to get

Thanks!

If you're going with a 5950x I would go for the X570-E II instead of the original X570-E as it's got improvements over the gen one version. However if you're just gaming the 5800X-3D would be a much more sensible choice imo.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Makaroni said:

Are you purely gaming?

Video editing, rendering and streaming

9 minutes ago, IanKava said:

Video editing, rendering and streaming

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q9XDjZ

I i would never recommend NZXT AIO's their software is beyond horrible and quite honestly i would even put it in the category of bloat.

I swapped it with a EKWB AIO just because it is good and it has the RGB that you want. 5000d airflow is self explanitory (top mounted AIO) put whatever good 120mm fans you want on front.

New motherboard that can deffinately keep your CPU powered to its maxed potential and a new 1000W PSU since the GPU could power spike to 600+ for a few milliseconds and could cause shutdowns.

out of the few (9) 3080 builds i`ve done so far i have swapped 4 850W PSU's because the GPU powerspikes and that is with 5800x and 5900x. 

2 minutes ago, Makaroni said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q9XDjZ

I i would never recommend NZXT AIO's their software is beyond horrible and quite honestly i would even put it in the category of bloat.

I swapped it with a EKWB AIO just because it is good and it has the RGB that you want. 5000d airflow is self explanitory (top mounted AIO) put whatever good 120mm fans you want on front.

New motherboard that can deffinately keep your CPU powered to its maxed potential and a new 1000W PSU since the GPU could power spike to 600+ for a few milliseconds and could cause shutdowns

Ok thanks so much!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VtsDjZ

Abit of a cost cut while upgrading board, ssd, cooler, and rams

The ssd is now a 980 pro class ssd and its 2tb, if you need more storage theres 6/12/14tb 7200rpm drives that are under 0.018$ per gb aka bargains, theyre enterprise too so better longevity

Cut cost in half and now you have a better aio, it performs similarly to the liquid freezer 360 which is the best performing aio atm, if you want a display there are cheaper and bigger displays for less $ while being more functional so more screen real estate for monitoring or animated gifs if you like

Rams are a ludicrously good deal but if you cant run 4600+ (very likely) then no point desyncing fclk so stick to 3800-4000 cl14 at ~1.5v or if you can run a fan 3800-4000 cl13 ~1.65v (b die wont degrade with voltage but imc may degrade over 1.7v so over 1.65v no guarantee imc not gonna degrade), ryzen does like fast ram so i think losing rgbs here is worth it, after all a godly build is trash if its performance sucks, at that point you might aswell call it a ricer build, github ddr4 oc guide and buildzoid are good sources of info for this kind of ram oc shenanigans

The board is asrocks top end b550, apparently these do have good ram oc capability though i doubt theyll oc dual rank dimms over 4600 so stick <4000mhz or whatever the highest fclk your cpu can acheive

Also freed up 250$ so maybe consider upgrading the gpu

I would get another cooler, I have had x62, x53 and x42 and as @Makaronimentioned the software sucks. I would get a arctic freezer instead. Also the rog boards isn't anything special and 330 for a 200 board is alot more. I would spend the money on a better SSD or maybe two. I have suggested the tomahawk without wifi, but you can get a tomahawk with wifi for 199 usd. You might also just want to get a 3200mhz memory kit with cl16 tmings as it's just as fast as 3600 @cl18.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vsxpKp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($548.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($167.85 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($145.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($154.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LHR Video Card  ($887.99 @ EVGA) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2248.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-25 08:53 EDT-0400

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VtsDjZ

Abit of a cost cut while upgrading board, ssd, cooler, and rams

The ssd is now a 980 pro class ssd and its 2tb, if you need more storage theres 6/12/14tb 7200rpm drives that are under 0.018$ per gb aka bargains, theyre enterprise too so better longevity

Cut cost in half and now you have a better aio, it performs similarly to the liquid freezer 360 which is the best performing aio atm, if you want a display there are cheaper and bigger displays for less $ while being more functional so more screen real estate for monitoring or animated gifs if you like

Rams are a ludicrously good deal but if you cant run 4600+ (very likely) then no point desyncing fclk so stick to 3800-4000 cl14 at ~1.5v or if you can run a fan 3800-4000 cl13 ~1.65v (b die wont degrade with voltage but imc may degrade over 1.7v so over 1.65v no guarantee imc not gonna degrade), ryzen does like fast ram so i think losing rgbs here is worth it, after all a godly build is trash if its performance sucks, at that point you might aswell call it a ricer build, github ddr4 oc guide and buildzoid are good sources of info for this kind of ram oc shenanigans

The board is asrocks top end b550, apparently these do have good ram oc capability though i doubt theyll oc dual rank dimms over 4600 so stick <4000mhz or whatever the highest fclk your cpu can acheive

Also freed up 250$ so maybe consider upgrading the gpu

Thanks for the recomendations! for my GPU, should i go 3080 ti or 3080 12gb?

4 minutes ago, IanKava said:

Thanks for the recomendations! for my GPU, should i go 3080 ti or 3080 12gb?

3080ti seems kinda negligable benifit compared to the 3080 but if you feel like youll need it then sure i guess

I would suggest this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=sMVfdC because Intel 12th gen is pretty much the way to go right now except if you want a r7 5800x3d and h100i pro xt is a really good aio for a good price aorus ultra monos usually have good overclocking capabilities and gigabyte products are really reliable. I also added a 5200mhz kit of 32 gb of ddr5 ram just to make it more modern and get some more fps. The case I added is a 5000d cause it’s a very good airflow case and if you throw in some rgb fans it looks amazing. And finally the gpu I chose is a gigabyte gaming oc 3080 ti cause it’s again from gigabyte, a reliable company, a higher end model of 3080 ti and it looks good