Brace yourself, here comes the "nzxt" generation phantom 240

brownninja97

The bulge allows for rads or fans, not both.

I didn't mean for rad support on the top of the top of the case lol

And I just reread the original post:

As for watercooling support, 140mm at the bottem front and a 240mm at the top and it supports push pull thanks to the massive bulge at the top, this is a midi case but that really doe make it look like a mid or even full tower.

I jumped into this thread assuming the "nzxt generation" case would allow for 360 rad support at the top like my phantom. The issue I came across was the front IO blocked me from putting a third fan on it without a bit of modification. But yeah, it's a lower tier(?)/cheaper case. The options are pretty decent for the price though (I'm still gonna call it ugly :/)

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I have to wonder, some of these people making fun of this case are doing it just for attention or they actually think like that?

I mean, to be honest, this case, it's definitely not my type... but that price bro, that price... is cheap. I respect that. 

It looks no different at all than the one I have.

And the one I have is pretty shitty

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

It looks no different at all than the one I have.

And the one I have is pretty shitty

if you dont like it then please tell me how you justified it to yourself to get that case.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Define R4.. :P

I was looking closely at the 440 (I am after a silent case) I saw this thread and got excited then as soon as I saw the fan at he front I though "define R4" 

It doesn't matter how good your fan is, as soon as you push or pull air through a mesh the turbulence causes noise.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@brownninja97 This was back in like 09' when I thought those types of cases looked cool..

They are unnecessarily huge, and the parts that bulge out are plastic and it overall looks kind of childish to me now. I prefer more minimalist cases these days. Also they need to stop making cases with the front IO on the top. That is ridiculously inconvenient

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I hate the looks but I love it for the price .. so ... Really nice case in terms of what it offers but that design really does not appeal to me.

@brownninja97 This was back in like 09' when I thought those types of cases looked cool..

They are unnecessarily huge, and the parts that bulge out are plastic and it overall looks kind of childish to me now. I prefer more minimalist cases these days. Also they need to stop making cases with the front IO on the top. That is ridiculously inconvenient

Well i guess that sucks, im more weird then the average person as i like both aggressive and minimal cases, apart from the define R4, i find that it has no design at all, however thats just my opinion, i warn you its never good to not like a case which everyone loves, ive faced a lot of flak due to it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

@brownninja97 Well from my long experience with the case, I think I'm entitled to my criticisms, and well, the case is actually not as great as people like to hype it up to be I guess lol.

I just prefer more solid, more professional, more practical cases. And honestly I could care less if I get flamed for hating on my own case. The overly huge and oddly/inconveniently shaped plastic slabs that they put on the case from a practical point of view, you have to admit is really silly.

@brownninja97 Well from my long experience with the case, I think I'm entitled to my criticisms, and well, the case is actually not as great as people like to hype it up to be I guess lol.

I just prefer more solid, more professional, more practical cases. And honestly I could care less if I get flamed for hating on my own case. The overly huge and oddly/inconveniently shaped plastic slabs that they put on the case from a practical point of view, you have to admit is really silly.

Dont get me wrong im not downing you, i understand your points. You should have seen how bad it was when i told my friends im getting the zalman case, coming from a bunch of die hard R4 fanboys, its funny anyways, my pc is the cheapest and most powerful and its technically still a dell(dell motherboard, everything else has changed)

Listen if you care.

@brownninja97 lol yeah I see what you mean. Like when your friends want you to get an NVidia card instead of an AMD or vice versa.

I don't listen to my friends at all with that kind of stuff, I just do my own research nowadays and just generally trust myself more hahah. I just think they are just talking and recommending stuff that they actually know very little about lol. It's funny because one of them is actually being promoted to Geek Squad. pffft

@brownninja97 lol yeah I see what you mean. Like when your friends want you to get an NVidia card instead of an AMD or vice versa.

I don't listen to my friends at all with that kind of stuff, I just do my own research nowadays and just generally trust myself more hahah. I just think they are just talking and recommending stuff that they actually know very little about lol. It's funny because one of them is actually being promoted to Geek Squad. pffft

well that friend, they are a keeper.

Listen if you care.

mr moose, on 23 Apr 2014 - 3:39 PM, said:

I was looking closely at the 440 (I am after a silent case) I saw this thread and got excited then as soon as I saw the fan at he front I though "define R4" 

It doesn't matter how good your fan is, as soon as you push or pull air through a mesh the turbulence causes noise.

Imo if you're going to get a real silent case, I think it's best to get one without a windowed sidepanel. I think the Define R4 looks more elegant,has removable front dust filter and will be tad more silent and cheaper than 440. Plus, you have the 5.25" bay in case you needed to put a dvd-drive in. 440 I think is for someone who wants to go crazy on watercooling.

Another good option to 440 and the R4 is the Thermaltake Urban S41 

Imo if you're going to get a real silent case, I think it's best to get one without a windowed sidepanel. I think the Define R4 looks more elegant,has removable front dust filter and will be tad more silent and cheaper than 440. Plus, you have the 5.25" bay in case you needed to put a dvd-drive in. 440 I think is for someone who wants to go crazy on watercooling.

Another good option to 440 and the R4 is the Thermaltake Urban S41 

the urban cases are really good, its a shame that no one likes thermaltake due to their spotty history

Listen if you care.

Still don't like it :P

HOW! ITS LOOKS SO SEXY! I mean its huge but still super sexy I want.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I love my phantom 410 black. I think it is amazing how nzxt is able to put out these really nice cases for the price.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

The shape of the phantom 240 looks like an Alienware Aurora and I don't like the sound of it...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Damn for that price :o

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Fans are choked. Looks like the same design and I really need that disc cage there... Unaccepted.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Fans are choked. Looks like the same design and I really need that disc cage there... Unaccepted.

You have a problem, i have a solution, remove the top drive cage, move the fan up. problem solved.

Listen if you care.

@brownninja97  repost i think

JK HELLO FRIEND xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You have a problem, i have a solution, remove the top drive cage, move the fan up. problem solved.

yeah but then all the dust would come in.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.