Brace yourself, here comes the "nzxt" generation phantom 240

brownninja97

yeah but then all the dust would come in.

then get a fan filter, let me let you about something which my father has drilled into my skull, instead of finding problems, find solutions. They cost basically nothing these days, on the other hand you can get a can of compressed air. You get what you pay for.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

then get a fan filter, let me let you about something which my father has drilled into my skull, instead of finding problems, find solutions. They cost basically nothing these days, on the other hand you can get a can of compressed air. You get what you pay for.

Uhh OK! Gonna ask someone to drill a fan filter to my skull. Good advise.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Uhh OK! Gonna ask someone to drill a fan filter to my skull. Good advise.

components dont react well to dust, the brain a worse reaction A LOT WORSE. that and compressed air might destroy your equilibrium.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I never grew fond of the design of these Phantoms, they always kinda remind me of Alienware's, something a 12 y/o would buy for his new computer, because it looks "cool" 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

components dont react well to dust, the brain a worse reaction A LOT WORSE. that and compressed air might destroy your equilibrium.

Probably.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

That big ass bulge at the top tho. Looks uuuuugly ! If the bulge wasn't there... it would've been cool, IMO :D

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

I hate cases with "a door" in the front.  Window looks nice...

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

You can't tell what to say and not say! DEFINE R4 DEFINE R4 DEFINE R4 MY DEFINE R4 IS SO BEAUTIFUL DEFINE R4

DEFINE R4EVER!!!!

:P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Wow, I didn't actually think it was possible to make that case worse. I guess that's an achievement. But NZXT's whole aesthetic is very random and amateurish.

it would rip the prodigy out of its itx throne.\

How-about-no-bear.jpg

BitFenix > NZXT every day of the week, every week of the year, every year of the decade, every decade of the century, every century of the millenium until the cows come home to frozen hell.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That big ass bulge at the top tho. Looks uuuuugly ! If the bulge wasn't there... it would've been cool, IMO :D

i totally agree, that bulge is my one gripe about the case.

Listen if you care.

Wow, I didn't actually think it was possible to make that case worse. I guess that's an achievement. But NZXT's whole aesthetic is very random and amateurish.

How-about-no-bear.jpg

BitFenix > NZXT every day of the week, every week of the year, every year of the decade, every decade of the century, every century of the millenium until the cows come home to frozen hell.

That totally explains how nzxt sells more then double the cases each year. Its an opinion, dont get too hyped.

Listen if you care.

That totally explains how nzxt sells more then double the cases each year. Its an opinion, dont get too hyped.

While that may be true of their entire line-ups compared to eachother (BitFenix is one of the newest big case MFTs anyway) the Prodigy was THE case of the year in 2012 despite fitting only a niche motherboard form factor. The Prodigy and the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe together created M-ITX gaming as we know it today. Before those products arrived, figuratively no one were gaming on M-ITX. Now, M-ITX is suddenly mainstream. IMO, NZXT has never in their history come close to that with a single product.

Razer also sells more than double the gaming mice than the second most sold peripheral manufacturer in that category. Doesn't mean they are even remotely good products. One Direction also sells lots of albums, and McDonalds sell vast oceans of Big Macs.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

While that may be true of their entire line-ups compared to eachother (BitFenix is one of the newest big case MFTs anyway) the Prodigy was THE case of the year in 2012 despite fitting only a niche motherboard factor. The Prodigy and the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe singlehandedly created M-ITX gaming as we know it today. IMO, NZXT has never in their history come close to that with a single product.

Razer also sells more than double the gaming mice than the second most sold peripheral manufacturer in that category. Doesn't mean they are even remotely good products. One Direction also sells lots of albums, and McDonalds sell vast oceans of Big Macs.

fair point. i havent got a come back.

Listen if you care.

How-about-no-bear.jpg

Hey, I love the Prodigy, but I don't like how inefficient it is space-wise. For an M-ITX case it's HUGE. What i'm hoping for is non-cube looking M-ITX cases with proper ventilation. All of the 'tower' style M-ITX cases are cheapo plastic/tinfoil deathtraps with horrible ventilation. If NZXT makes an M-ITX phantom, it will solidify it as a platform by pulling in more 'gamers' with its aggressive aesthetics and with any luck other manufacturers will catch on. My end goal is a wider selection of high quality mini towers kinda like EVGA's Hadron minus the psu issues.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB