Ming-Chi Kuo: 2023 iPhones to switch to USB-C

Neoxon
On 5/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, J-from-Nucleon said:

"Intrducing The all-new Apple C. Designed by our top engineers to bring iPhone the greatest cable transfer speeds of all time. We love our customers but we love mon-I mean the Environment, and so we've removed the cable itself from the box. And it's available for the low price of only $250."

I am always wondering, people who actually laugh about these super cringy insanely beaten-to-death jokes: Are they 13 or already 14 years old?

On 5/12/2022 at 1:41 AM, Neoxon said:

Apple tried that exact dongle-based loophole years ago when the push for a standardized charger was more of a request than a hard rule, & the EU weren't happy about it.

A standardized charger has nothing to do with the port on the device, when will people finally get this.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

At the end of the day, many people just want to quickly open an app; they don't stare lovingly at their icon feng shui.

I was a bit spoiled by Android feng shui back then because on how extremely restrictive iOS back then. Remember when in pre-iOS 4 era you can't even change your homescreen wallpaper.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Oh, I'm sure. I've run into more than a few people whose feature requests boil down to "just make an iPhone running Android..." which really means they were never going to get an iPhone in the first place.

It's the same people who wish they can get iPhone 13 Pro-like performance and efficiency but on Android. I've seen a lot of battery drain tests on YouTube and the 13 Pro Max is still the phone to beat despite having a smaller battery. But in my opinion, even if Apple were to make their A-series chips available off the shelf to other OEMs it would still perform way better on iOS.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, Dracarris said:

I am always wondering, people who actually laugh about these super cringy insanely beaten-to-death jokes: Are they 13 or already 14 years old?

Quite possibly the former. But eh, I found it funny.

I don't really expect it to happen, if that matters.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:49 AM, Monkey Dust said:

heir reluctance to switch to USB-C on the iPhone is baffling.

only if you don't look at the GIANT infrastructure of lightning based accessories that are out there. When apple switched from Dock to lightning there was tons of bitching about people having to now buy new accessories, not to mention all the companies that make them. (nor does it take into account money made from the certification program)

So not really baffeling, unless your only concern is having 1 cable instead of two and haven't bothered to think of a bigger picture.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

On 5/16/2022 at 3:35 PM, Dracarris said:

It's the usual business by rabid Apple haters. You should look at cancerous comment section of GSMArena to see more of this dumb crap and all the cringy idiotic names they come up with like constant use of stupid "Tim Apple" and crApple etc... It's funny once, reading this idiocy day after day becomes cringy, tiring and just annoying.