My download speed was as sharp as the upload speed and now its not

muramune

image.png.0523295c9bbd9963f6c6e0bba3e8dbf1.png

title

i have issues with live streams going back and forth, games samething, frame skipping, more and i think that could be it.

is this cus of the prioritisation of my ip is low?

Speedtest.net is useless. You might have issues down the line somewhere else.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, Levent said:

Speedtest.net is useless.

??? wtf

26 minutes ago, muramune said:

i have issues with live streams going back and forth, games samething, frame skipping, more and i think that could be it.

is this cus of the prioritisation of my ip is low?

Usually you'll have some other devices within the network that are currently using up bandwith, which causes irregular behavior with speedtests.
If that's not the issue, you should probably do a speedtest on multiple devices, just to make sure it's not related to one device.
And if that doesn't help you should contact your provider.

But in any case, you shouldn't have any issues with streaming, considering 200mbit/s is still plenty fast enough for multiple 4K video streams.

5 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

??? wtf

Usually you'll have some other devices within the network that are currently using up bandwith, which causes irregular behavior with speedtests.
If that's not the issue, you should probably do a speedtest on multiple devices, just to make sure it's not related to one device.
And if that doesn't help you should contact your provider.

But in any case, you shouldn't have any issues with streaming, considering 200mbit/s is still plenty fast enough for multiple 4K video streams.

The site is useless the App from them is not

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, CustomEnchants said:

Such a quality comment. 

Would you mind explaining why that is?

7 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

??? wtf

Why speedtest.net is useless:

• By default uses closest server to the point of testing.
  • ISPs tend to manipulate speedtest.net tests by providing higher priority to their own servers (thus having low ping and high throughput)
  • ISPs can and do throttle usual suspects like twitch and Netflix (hence why I don't recommend fast.com either) and this is why speedtest.net results are useless for trying to figure out why someone is having issues with their connection.
2 minutes ago, CustomEnchants said:

Frontend doesn't magically change the way app works. Its as equally useless.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You should consider the bandwidth outside your ISP.

Try speedtest another server / another country.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

Why speedtest.net is useless:

• By default uses closest server to the point of testing.
  • ISPs tend to manipulate speedtest.net tests by providing higher priority to their own servers (thus having low ping and high throughput)
  • ISPs can and do throttle usual suspects like twitch and Netflix (hence why I don't recommend fast.com either).

Great, but wouldn't you think it'd be more important to first figure out in which country OP lives? The throttling and manipulation of speedtests does not apply to every location. I know the ISPs in the U.S. are very shady indeed.

On top of that it makes perfect sense to select the closest server for a speedtest, because all that matters is the speed within the own networks of the provider. Anything beyond that you can't influence anyway. So you might aswell take the shortest route possible. If theoratically you can achieve max speeds over any connection, then neither the local hardware, not the hardware provided by your ISP can be at fault. (Unless of course it changes in behavior)

Speed ramping up slowly is fairly normal behavior and most likely intentional on the part of speedtest.net and doesn't say anything about your connection.

Their server doesn't know how fast your internet speed is. If it started sending packages at its maximum possible rate, your ISP would start to drop all packages that exceeded the maximum allowed rate. This would result in a ton of packages that would have to be resent and would most likely make it much harder to determine the actual speed (or make the test take much longer to stabilize).

So instead they start out slow, ramping up over time until they reach a speed where your ISP starts to drop packages, then scale it down slightly, and voila they know your connection speed. The purpose of the test is to determine the maximum speed, the ramp up time is not something that has any influence on test results.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

31 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You should consider the bandwidth outside your ISP.

Try speedtest another server / another country.

how do i compare results?

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Speedtest.net is useless. You might have issues down the line somewhere else.

what do u mean down the line? i know i have packet loss on the hops 2 and 3 which are 2) the cable on the ocean and 3) the distributing center in the mainland. im from an island

click settings > change server, type any region outside your country like singapore or amsterdam, then select a random isp on that list.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

click settings > change server, type any region outside your country like singapore or amsterdam, then select a random isp on that list.

image.png.acbe7b4c646cefefb041eb0972d4f2aa.png

41 minutes ago, muramune said:

image.png.acbe7b4c646cefefb041eb0972d4f2aa.png

welcome to 2005... 

33 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

welcome to 2005... 

xd

its a server in china, thats not normal?

1 minute ago, muramune said:

its a server in china, thats not normal?

especially to china.

you said you live in an island, your internet will go to the mainland hub first, regional hub, then to an international hub, then to some intermediary hub, before going to china.

every jump going to increase the latency and speed.

your gigabit connection only good for connecting you and your isp.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

especially to china.

you said you live in an island, your internet will go to the mainland hub first, regional hub, then to an international hub, then to some intermediary hub, before going to china.

every jump going to increase the latency and speed.

your gigabit connection only good for connecting you and your isp.

but as we can see the bandwidth of the download speed (am i saying this right? the blue line) is the same while the upload is not as sharp as it is on the regional server.

just wanna know why the download isnt sharp anymore. is there traffic? is the traffic just someone hacking/occupying my internet? cus it used to be sharp and i didnt have issues with my internet... could one be consequence of the other?

sharp? the graph mean nothing, don't worry about it.

please mention router/switch.

isp would help to.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

On 5/10/2022 at 6:02 PM, CustomEnchants said:

I find the opposite.  When I'm on Windows they always badger me to use the app, the website gives me correct speeds, the app is always slow.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

isp router..

that the issue.

my guess some qos issue setting or such.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

7 hours ago, dogwitch said:

isp router..

that the issue.

Should i buy a... gaming router?

11 hours ago, dogwitch said:

isp router..

that the issue.

No, it's not the issue and QoS limits your overall bandwidth for a queue not the ramp speed unless you're on enterprise gear with bursting and even then it's bursting over the limit set not the initial speed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

20 minutes ago, Lurick said:

No, it's not the issue and QoS limits your overall bandwidth for a queue not the ramp speed unless you're on enterprise gear with bursting and even then it's bursting over the limit set not the initial speed.

guess you miss the part .

such!

my isp ... before going to another one.  had set up the router very very poorly. (they also tend to be super cheap to)