Dual ISPs

I actually have 2 isps running to my apartment, one that has unlimited data and one that has a 5 tb data cap both at 300 mbps, the unlimited data one forces me

to use their piece of shit custom proprietary router modem combo which they admitted they are using to steal my data on a phone call with support, and the other one is just fine letting me use whatever router I want and providing a modem, this is why I am trying to use mesh, although it seems to be a bit dodgy, could someone pls check my

Post and help me?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

38 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

I actually have 2 isps running to my apartment, one that has unlimited data and one that has a 5 tb data cap both at 300 mbps, the unlimited data one forces me

to use their piece of shit custom proprietary router modem combo which they admitted they are using to steal my data on a phone call with support, and the other one is just fine letting me use whatever router I want and providing a modem, this is why I am trying to use mesh, although it seems to be a bit dodgy, could someone pls check my

Post and help me?

What ISPs are you running? Does the company have a name? Judging by your username you're in India, the unlimited one is prolly Jio fiber or Airtel

1. Please give your posts some effort so that is not a pain to read and understand.
  2. Mesh networking makes no sense for this use case.
  3. What exactly are you trying to do?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Correct jio fibre and the data cap

is i-on also know as d vois in some places 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

Just now, Levent said:
  1. Please give your posts some effort so that is not a pain to read and understand.
  2. Mesh networking makes no sense for this use case.
  3. What exactly are you trying to do?

This was actually not supposed to be its own thread but rather a response to the other mega internet speed thread 

42 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Post and help me?

What ISPs are you running? Does the company have a name? Judging by your username you're in India, the unlimited one is prolly Jio fiber or Airtel.

Also admitting to steal your data is fucking ridiculous, and I find it hard to believe that it happened, cuz that's a big issue, even though there are anonymous sources which claim jio sells user data to advertisers but Jio has repeatedly denied those claims

The Mesh networking part is that I have an ax 20 hooked up to my ion connection and Theon I have an re 605x, and an re 200 connected to it however it doesn’t seem to want to work properly in one mesh, the extenders don’t want to seem to saty connected to the router

Just now, VirusDumb said:

What ISPs are you running? Does the company have a name? Judging by your username you're in India, the unlimited one is prolly Jio fiber or Airtel.

Also admitting to steal your data is fucking ridiculous, and I find it hard to believe that it happened, cuz that's a big issue, even though there are anonymous sources which claim jio sells user data to advertisers but Jio has repeatedly denied those claims

I have the call recorded 

How big is the apartment that you're looking to run a mesh system? 

Do you think you'll ever use more than 5TB a month? If you do, what's the fee for going over?

I wouldn't trust the company that uses the modem/router to sell data to not have your data just because you provide your own hardware. Though, you may be able to find "compatible" modem/routers if you call in, but I'd find someone to talk to about what data they are collecting, that's very important. 

2 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

Plus its BS, if an ISP wanted to steal your data they would do it at their core routers not your home router.

1 minute ago, Indian pc builder said:

I have the call recorded 

Depending on the level of support, its unlikely they have a clue what the ISP is actually doing, they likely just voiced their opinion which was really foolish.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Indian pc builder said:

I have the call recorded 

The guy/woman taking your call was just dumb, or it was his first day in the job and got nervous

Just now, VirusDumb said:

The guy/woman taking your call was just dumb, or it was his first day in the job and got nervous

I think it was the dumb one, jio seems to have a reputation for good quality services for a reason as ot

doesnt Want anyone to call up their costumer service to realise the crap they have sitting on the other side of the phone, I mean when you select English as the language , u should not have to be explaining that to you service rep in Hindi 

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Plus its BS, if an ISP wanted to steal your data they would do it at their core routers not your home router.

Their core routers are outsourced 

they don’t operate them

1 minute ago, Colty said:

but I'd find someone to talk to about what data they are collecting, that's very important. 

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/reliance-jio-selling-user-data-to-ad-networks-abroad-says-anonymous/article9147032.ece

Here's an incident from 2016, where the Indian branch of infamous anonymous hacking group claimed, but Jio denied, and since then a lot has changed

1 minute ago, Indian pc builder said:

I think it was the dumb one, jio seems to have a reputation for good quality services for a reason as ot

doesnt Want anyone to call up their costumer service to realise the crap they have sitting on the other side of the phone, I mean when you select English as the language , u should not have to be explaining that to you service rep in Hindi 

So was it Jio fiber that isn't letting you change the router?

4 minutes ago, Colty said:

Do you think you'll ever use more than 5TB a month? If you do, what's the fee for going over?

I wouldn't trust the company that uses the modem/router to sell data to not have your data just because you provide your own hardware. Though, you may be able to find "compatible" modem/routers if you call in, but I'd find someone to talk to about what data they are collecting, that's very important. 

100 bucks, i will switch to the 200 mbps unlimited data plan at 30 usd when when this one is over

4 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/reliance-jio-selling-user-data-to-ad-networks-abroad-says-anonymous/article9147032.ece

Here's an incident from 2016, where the Indian branch of infamous anonymous hacking group claimed, but Jio denied, and since then a lot has changed

If you're really concerned then a VPN is the only option.  Of course then you just have to trust the VPN provider isn't doing the same.

You could also always add something like a PiHole and/or DNS over TLS/HTTPS so your ISP can't tell what domains you are looking up.  With most sites using HTTPS these days, there's not much your ISP can actually snoop on if you avoid using their DNS servers.

Ultimately they can always see what IP address you are visiting, but without DNS snooping they wont know what domain on that server you are looking at.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you're really concerned then a VPN is the only option.  Of course then you just have to trust the VPN provider isn't doing the same.

recently the indian government ordered everyone to keep data for 5 years, so yeah, i don't seem to have much of an option, besides the indian government can't do a lot with my info, especially because corruption is ever present in india, more or less like china except the indian government changes due to it being democratic, as a result things do get done eventually

5 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

So was it Jio fiber that isn't letting you change the router?

yes, that is the issue i had called them up for and got the admission of them stealing my data

11 minutes ago, Colty said:

i own the whole floor in my building its around 5000 square feet

13 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

The Mesh networking part is that I have an ax 20 hooked up to my ion connection and Theon I have an re 605x, and an re 200 connected to it however it doesn’t seem to want to work properly in one mesh, the extenders don’t want to seem to saty connected to the router

oh btw, i fixed this problem, turns out the automatic reboot schedule on the ax20 destroyed the mesh every night, easy fix

15 minutes ago, Colty said:

I-ON is being run by a branch of d vois, they don't seem to be having a lot of issues with selling data, the data cap was only there to compete with other unlimited data companies until they launched their own unlimited plan, the fee for running over is immediate throttling down to 1 megabit, until the end of the time period on the plan, there is no "fee" in the traditional sense, i don't have to Pay them anything

mods, pls don't get mad at me again for posting multiple replies in my own thread to make it more clear instead of replying to them all in one reply

just feel like i should throw that in there

18 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

yes, that is the issue i had called them up for and got the admission of them stealing my data

Explain to me, in simple terms, how they stole your HTTPS encrypted data?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

26 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Well for Jio fiber, I have a explanation which might possibly be the reason they stop you from changing the router. The set top box which comes with it, probably only connects with those routers, also changing the router, you won't be able to set up the name and password from the my Jio app, and will lose total control.