LTT Srewdriver

Tech Savvy

I think for 70$,it's too expensive.I hope in the future the prices can be more reasonable.Opinions?

It's a custom branded screwdriver with extra ergonomic design features and a captive bit holder. On top of being a first edition product thus naturally more expensive its been carefully prototyped and engineered all of which cost time and money.

$70 for a screw driver that can last 10-20 years or more with care is hardly the worst deal out there. Hell my name brand screw driver that I keep in my field kit $40 and has a fraction of the features and tooling.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

He's spoken about the price before. It's expensive, yes, but it's not something unheard of or particularly uncommon for professional tools. The orange ratchet driver Linus used from Snap-on was around the same or more expensive.

Engineering something like that isn't cheap and it's being made to last (though we'll have to see how well they do once they're actually available). They're not simpliy slapping a brand and some colouring on a pre-made product, they're designing it from the ground up.

Once production is up and running with all the tooling done, prices might be able to come down if no changes need to be made, but that will be diffiuclt unless they get the quantity of sales needed to do so.

This exact thread has been done many times. Maybe read through this one? Linus weighs in.

There could be more color variants eg. Orange and Black (Classic), Nvidia Green with black (GPU Edition) and so on..it can also have same color combinations as the LTT Water Bottles

On 5/3/2022 at 7:21 PM, Tech Savvy said:

I think for 70$,it's too expensive.I hope in the future the prices can be more reasonable.Opinions?

Is it? This is what it's competing with

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Standard-Handle/8-3-4"-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-(Orange)/SSDMR4BO

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 5/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Tech Savvy said:

Why do you think it is too expensive?  What comparable products are you benchmarking it against?  You realize that you are getting screwdriver and also paying for the LMG content you enjoy?  

What do you think would be a reasonable price?

My personal opinion is that it is a cool option for people who are interested in the screwdriver and supporting LMG.  But if you feel it is too expensive, there are many other tools you can purchase, and if you want to support LMG there are other ways.

People need to stop asking about this.

There are cheaper screwdrivers that are superior in every way to the LTT screwdriver.

This isn't for people who want a screwdriver. Anybody who needs something like this already has it. 'Screwdriver with bits stored inside' is super common. Like so common it's not even patentable.

Think of this as a twitch donation. You're throwing money away in hopes of getting a stranger to say your name. This particular wishing well just happens to reward you with a mid-tier screwdriver.

$40 would be reasonable. At $70 it should come with around 100 assorted tips like hex, torx, socket adapter squares and many more.

I've seen pc toolkits online and in person with laptop sized cases and dozens of tools for under $70.

But software engineers and I.T. folks earning $125K+ yearly will grab these, since $70  to them is 20 minutes of labor...

Just my $70-$69.98 worth.🤢🤮💩☠️

On 5/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, pstrick2 said:

There are cheaper screwdrivers that are superior in every way to the LTT screwdriver.

How do you know that? Have you been hands on with the LTT driver yet?

2 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

$40 would be reasonable. At $70 it should come with around 100 assorted tips like hex, torx, socket adapter squares and many more.

I've seen pc toolkits online and in person with laptop sized cases and dozens of tools for under $70.

But software engineers and I.T. folks earning $125K+ yearly will grab these, since $70  to them is 20 minutes of labor...

Just my $70-$69.98 worth.🤢🤮💩☠️

I got tell you, as someone that uses tools in a professional atmosphere I can’t think of many tool sets that have 100 plus pieces that were $70 that were actually any good. However admittedly I work on vehicles as opposed to computers so it’s not apples to apples but my Snap on ratcheting screw driver is WAY better than the master craft and craftsman versions I’ve tried instead. Was the Snap on one more, absolutely, substantially more, but as someone that uses them every day to make money it’s 100% worth it. I’ll try the LTT one, if it is as good as they are hyping it up I’ll order a few of them, if they aren’t than I’ll toss it into a drawer with the other tools I retired early due to not being up to par. 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Tech Savvy said:

$40 would be reasonable IMHO.

Also, for $70 that warranty would need to be lifetime such that you contact them it doesn't work or broke, and they pay for shipping to them, and they send you a brand new one also free shipping.

I must be dirt poor because people seem not shocked at $70 for a ratcheting screwdriver??

My opinion, which is free.

$70 USD for a tool that will last atleast a decade and is high quality is worth it in my opinion after all, buy cheal buy twice. That said, it all depends on how the final product turns out and how much the various extra loadouts will be but with how long its taken to get this far and how excited the lads are it seems like all our concerns will be addressed soon enough especially if that pop-up store Linus talked about in WAN show this week happens. there will be atleast 1000 hands on final product reviews at that point, so hang fire, sit tight and relax. soon we will know.