Nzxt Phantom 530 vs. Fractal Design Define R4

What are the pros and cons of the NZXT Phantom 530 and the Fractal Design Define R4?

Which one is better?

Which one would you buy and why?

Please post in the comments below

Thank You!

I vote you watch Linus' reviews of the two and make up your mind which one you like better. :P

Though I have unpopular opinions sometimes, I think the 530 is a nicer looking case, but not R4 silent.

do you realize where you're asking?

half of us own R4's

Error: 410

do you realize where you're asking?

half of us own R4's

^ he has a good point

but R4 gets my vote 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Well my opinion is that the 530 looks nice and has lots of room for fans, the R4 is minimalist and quiet.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The biggest differences are that the Phantom 530 is a full tower with more expanadability, has better airflow and is louder.

There isn't a straight comparison--they aren't even the same form factor and they are aimed towards different objectives.

I'd probably get the Define R4 just to play with a quieter case since I've been having a thing for that lately.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What are the pros and cons of the NZXT Phantom 530 and the Fractal Design Define R4?

Which one is better?

Which one would you buy and why?

Please post in the comments below

Thank You!

well one looks like a fridge

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

Have you considered the H440? Cleaner look over the r4, also has sound dampening, but not as blingy and less airflow than the Phantom. Anyway, aside from that, they are very different cases. The r4 has better build quality, the Phantom has more airflow.

Have you considered the H440?

Yes I have, it doesn't have optical drives though, and the R4 is cheaper.

it really about personal preferance, but what kind of case are you looking for? any specific attributes in a case?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log