Apple's 2014 Renewable Energy Initiatives (Updated with more Pics)

And how do you convert that energy stored in hydrogen into usable energy. You have to rune a current through it. That costs energy know doesn't it. It costs more to produce the equipment to create an efficient hydrogen power cell let alone one that can run a car. Which is why most of the cars use a hybrid system. Linus did a video on the hydrogen power cell pack. It was expensive and didn't work very well. Car hydrogen cells run differently though. Actually buying hydrogen is about the same as buying diesel for a car but to turn that hydrogen into motion takes much more money and it probably causes more damage to the environment creating a hydrogen power cell then making and running a diesel car for 10 years. The amount of rare metals an chemicals used in making a hydrogen cell is phenomenal. The emission might be just water vapour but to make an efficient power cell uses up a lot of rare metals. Platinum is one of them there are others some most likely highly toxic. It's not like batteries are safe or anything.

I think he meant 'Hydroelectric'. Not Hydrogen. Hydroelectricity is electricity produced by the momentum of water as it falls. 

EDIT: Didn't read the previous page. The more you know. 

To all of the people saying that these scientists proved that climate change is nonsense, did you know that there is not a single paper that denies climate change that has been peer reviewed. Not a single paper. If you want the rest of the world to believe you, write it down and get it peer reviewed. Then we'll talk.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

also because they think that radiation is liek so bawd that it kills you when you sleep and takes your kids.

for example we had old russian nuclear power plant in lithuania that got closed, we had investors to build a new one, people had petitions because someone drew maps what would nuclear fallout would look like if it exploded, even though nuclear power plants can't explode. now I don't even know if they are going to build it and i'm sad because our 2 coal/gas power plants are now the most polluting facilities in the whole country.  :lol:

Also, did you know that coal power plants put 100 times more radiation into the air than nuclear power plants? It's actually really funny.  :lol:

To all of the people saying that these scientists proved that climate change is nonsense, did you know that there is not a single paper that denies climate change that has been peer reviewed. Not a single paper. If you want the rest of the world to believe you, write it down and get it peer reviewed. Then we'll talk.

Of course there isn't, hardly anybody doubts that the climate is changing,  even those mad fuckers with their heads in the sand believe the climate is changing, its the cause that is hotly contested.

Have you got a paper that links CO2 to global warming?  I haven't seen one yet. I have seen lots that talk about the effects of global warming, the dangers of it, the many things we are observing about it and the effect it will have on wildlife etc etc, but I have yet to see one that states absolutely the CO2 is the driver and shows the evidence.

Not to say we aren't fucking up our planet, I believe we are, but I think the danger lies elsewhere, I doubt it is CO2.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Renewable energy is a lie. The biggest lie on the planet. Energy isn't free it takes energy to release energy. Energy isn't simply made it is stored and released and doing so converts some energy into other forms of energy some useful to us and some not. When converting potential energy to useful energy heat is created. That heat is a waste. Energy will all return to it's simplest form which is heat. The universes temperature will eventually all become even. The world is nigh the world is nigh all hail the great Kuddlesworth the great knower of all.

All hail the great Heat Death. All hail all hail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

I wan't agreeing with you until you started talking end of the world, WOOHOO END OF THEY WORLD PREDICTIONS they're never wrong!

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Also, did you know that coal power plants put 100 times more radiation into the air than nuclear power plants? It's actually really funny.  :lol:

Coal ash is also radioactive (and toxic) and they pour it on top of the ground not below it. It's just no one points that out to people or if they do no one remembers.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is all well and good but a huge company with tremendously large margins like them can afford this luxuries. Might as well as their target audience (read: hipsters and other upper class citizens) are the type of people who support "green" energy and "organic" products and all other sorts of luxuries like that.

Ha, as if the upper class is even that much of a factor anymore. I live a bit away from a slum, packed full of people who's income is lower than the average income of a US citizen, and yet they still carry around iPhone 5Ses and MacBook Airs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Of course there isn't, hardly anybody doubts that the climate is changing,  even those mad fuckers with their heads in the sand believe the climate is changing, its the cause that is hotly contested.

Have you got a paper that links CO2 to global warming?  I haven't seen one yet. I have seen lots that talk about the effects of global warming, the dangers of it, the many things we are observing about it and the effect it will have on wildlife etc etc, but I have yet to see one that states absolutely the CO2 is the driver and shows the evidence.

Not to say we aren't fucking up our planet, I believe we are, but I think the danger lies elsewhere, I doubt it is CO2.

Not to start a war, but this thread has already turned into a war zone.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/01/28/0812721106.abstract

It's a paper detailing the effects of climate change and that it is due to the emission of Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere.

Not to start a war, but this thread has already turned into a war zone.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/01/28/0812721106.abstract

It's a paper detailing the effects of climate change and that it is due to the emission of Carbon Dioxide into the atmosphere.

cheers, I'll read it later. precursory look and it looks like they rely on the IPCC for their info too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

anyway... erm

I like this video. I really like Tim Cooks voice, not quite as amazing as Jony Ive but its still a fantastic voice to listen too.

Glad to see Apple pioneering a green enviroment. Their new campus is apparently going to run on green energy too, that place looks amazing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think he meant 'Hydroelectric'. Not Hydrogen. Hydroelectricity is electricity produced by the momentum of water as it falls. 

EDIT: Didn't read the previous page. The more you know. 

I wander why they aren't peer reviewed ever. Probably because they are true and if they where someone would lose a whole bunch of money. Just saying.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard