Thread for ShortCircuit Product Suggestions

JonoT

It would be fun to see a ShortCircuit car review style video about the Edison Motors diesel-electric truck. 

It's not the normal type of vehicle seen on ShortCircuit but the development work they are doing is interesting. It is interesting from the perspective of making electric propulsion functional for remote and harsh working environments and how to build a new company around a product that is highly repairable. They also seem to have something in common with LMG given they are developing a new product because the founders wanted that for their business but no one was making it the way they thought it should be done.

The production prototype truck they are assembling up in Merritt is scheduled to be in Vancouver area for Fully Charged Live in September.

Would love to see ebike comparisons the market is getting as bad as dashcams on the entry level and commuter editions.

I think a video on the Sandisk "Pro-Blade Station" might be interesting since it's essentially an ingest station for their mobile SSDs that they're trying to push lately, but doesn't seem to have much more appeal until there are more thrid party accessories to improve their workflow outside the ingest step. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1705168-REG/sandisk_professional_pro_blade_station.html/mode/edu/mode/edu

I would love to see a ShortCircuit on one of the keyboards from the Brand New Model F project. Hearing Plouffe's (or, because he's a fan of the Model M, Linus') take on a reproduction of a forty-year-old keyboard would be a lot of fun. Also, Brand New Model F just released an F104 version, aka the Model M but with Model F switches.

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please do a review of the Moto Edge+ 2023 phone?   Snapdragon 8 Gen2, and very similar to pixel UI, while having really great battery life.

Thanks!

The Silhouette Cameo 

You gave the Cricut a review and it's made by a horrible company, with no right to repair. They end support for machines after a certain age so users have to buy a new one. The Circuit has to be connected to the internet to work (unless this has changed recently) 

I had a Silhouette machine work for 12 years. The only reason I gave it up was to upgrade to Bluetooth and 12" size. 

I will give Circut that their software is more user friendly out of the gate, and they have more mainstream reach. But they fail in every other consideration for a craft cutter. 

Review 2023 version of ASUS Flow X16, with 240hz display and i9 13900H.

It's very unique because its the only top-of-the-line specced, yet foldable touchscreen laptop.

It lends itself very well for playing CSGO, because when folded it doesnt take up much desk space and I can use peripheral keyboard/mouse comfortably.

My questions before I can commit are

1) whether the i9 13900H is good enough for 240hz CSGO gaming, and

2) whether I should choose the X16 with a Mini LED panel or an IPS panel (see screenshot), given that I purely want to optimize for high refresh-rate CSGO gaming. https://prnt.sc/ML9e3ruHKbMH - full side by side comparison from ASUS's website: https://rog.asus.com/us/laptops/rog-flow/rog-flow-x16-2023-series/wtb/

Thanks for considering!

Maybe ShortCircuit could do short overviews of pc cases. A bit unordinary I know but it might be cool to have something like a shorter case review like back in the day with an overview of the product, features and a build in it. This would take a longer time to set up though so kind of defeats the idea of a 'Short'Circuit

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Check out the Sharkoon SGK50 S4 Kailh Brown/Red, it's a pretty decent 60% keyboard that's cheap but feels good.

I would love to see the OnePlus Monitor reviewed. I don't know if they are available in North America though, they are available here in India and I would love to ship one over to see you guys review it for the masses.

I would love to see a video on the thrustmaster t818 Ferrari edition that came out recently, done by Jake, since he hosted the video on the Logitech g pro, would be interested to hear his thoughts on the differences and if it's worth it over the g pro wheel.

Was happy to see the Prius Prime review and Alex taking a look at a plug-in hybrid. Would love to see him try out the 2023 Outlander PHEV.

The Smart #1 car, ideally the barnabus edition.