"Smart TV's get even more ads" VIZIO Introduces Jump Ads to Connect Linear TV With Streaming

darknessblade
Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The extra work lies in the fact that you need to navigate from the home screen, to your inputs rather than just have it default to the inputs like tvs of old. 

All the TVs I have used either defaults to the last input you used, or the "TV" input. That goes for both smart TVs, and "dumb TVs".

No difference there. There might be some models that always starts to the home screen, but my guess is that those are very rare.

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The extra work lies in the fact that you need to navigate from the home screen, to your inputs rather than just have it default to the inputs like tvs of old. 

Any smart TV will remember your last input and default to that after turning on. Nothing has really changed in that regard. The smart OS normally only kicks in when no connected device is running.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Hmmm... then the Hisense Fire tv that I was given must be weird... Meh, it's not like I use it much anyways, it was all just speculation in the end. I always just watch with my laptop or phone anyway.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Every time I think about buying a new TV I see crap like this. Im almost tempted to just buy a large formate PC monitor. Hell I use my current TV as a monitor anyway because I hook my MacBook up to it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Every time I think about buying a new TV I see crap like this. Im almost tempted to just buy a large formate PC monitor. Hell I use my current TV as a monitor anyway because I hook my MacBook up to it. 

Ditto actually, my TV is a monitor because HTPC does all the work so I have a little more control.