Ripjaw ram = junk ? Need new ram for i9 10850k

Hi,

I had 2x 16GB Ripjaw 3600 mhz ram but since couple weeks I had many blue screen and after running Ram diagnostic , I get hardware failure at 20% of the test so obviously ram is the issue. It does that at stock speed or at 3600 mhz OC, same issue...

Thinking of buying 2x 16GB corsair now...

Is ripjaw ram actually junk or ? It was my first experience with it and really disappointed, it worked fine only for ~1 year

Any recommandation on RAM for this CPU with a Z490-A Asus board ?

4 minutes ago, Panoramix97 said:

Hi,

I had 2x 16GB Ripjaw 3600 mhz ram but since couple weeks I had many blue screen and after running Ram diagnostic , I get hardware failure at 20% of the test so obviously ram is the issue. It does that at stock speed or at 3600 mhz OC, same issue...

Is ripjaw ram actually junk or ? It was my first experience with it and really disappointed, it worked fine only for ~1 year

I’ve had Corsair rgb pro ram be and before. Shit happens, rma it 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

ripjaw and gskill look and sound like junk, but they are tier 1 memory providers IIRC. I have had as many failures with them as corsair or crucial.

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Personally, I have the same opinion of RipJaws TBH. I find it to be overpriced, overhyped bling. Of course, I may be biased as it came in a previous janky hot mess of mismatched parts CyberPower called a gaming machine. I upgraded that 8GB RipJaws to Crucial Ballistix 2x16 DDR4-3200 and never looked back. Running one in my 5900X now. In terms of upgrading RAM, generally doesn't make sense to go above 3200 Mhz, the usual 1-3% performance increase (5% at most) isn't worth the extra cost. That kit I referenced was $113 on Amazon last I checked.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Well I tested one stick at a time and one is faulty almost instantly during test (always within 5%) and other pass the test well...

I will just keep that one as a test spare part and buy a new corsair kit since at the store near here they have a 3200 mhz cl16 2x16gb I guess ill go with that

Cheers guys

I've used it to assemble several computers for friends and family and have never had a problem with it.  Good shit breaks, too.  I've had a corsair HX850 power supply fail, but that doesn't mean it's piece of crap model.  There are hyundais that go 250k miles and there are toyotas that blow gaskets at 100k..  It's about market-wide averages.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:06 AM, Queen Chrysalis said:

Good shit breaks

Preach. Had both sticks of a Corsair 2x16@3600 DOA. That was a hell of a time troubleshooting. and why I now keep known good ram on hand
But Corsair is the tits for RMA. ~No questions asked express RMA. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

After going for ballistix 3600 cl16 and testing on the 7700k first before my AMD system... I would definitely recommend for an intel system.

Getting 41**-42**mhz on a board rated to top out 38**mhz.

Only say it for intel as I haven’t had chance to properly test it out on my system.

They aren’t all that expensive considering the performance!

7 hours ago, OddOod said:

Preach. Had both sticks of a Corsair 2x16@3600 DOA. That was a hell of a time troubleshooting. and why I now keep known good ram on hand

They sent me a new aforementioned HX 850 without receipt.  Easily the best customer service I've had with pooter stuff.  NZXT ahs always been pretty good, too.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

20 hours ago, OddOod said:

They are amazing with the rma service

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Got 2x16GB 3200 mhz corsair, works fine

no more problems so far

On 3/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, Panoramix97 said:

Hi,

Ram is one of the least likely components to die. You just got unlucky. Just RMA. Most reputable ram companies (Gskill,corsair,crucial) etc. all have lifetime warranties on ram

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

I haven’t had a set of ram die in 15 years of overclocking and over volting, I think you just got unlucky. The same way I was unlucky with Corsair ram 😄

Like how you will avoid G.Skill, I avoid Corsair 👍🏻

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

On 3/28/2022 at 4:56 PM, freeagent said:

I haven’t had a set of ram die in 15 years of overclocking and over volting, I think you just got unlucky. The same way I was unlucky with Corsair ram 😄

Like how you will avoid G.Skill, I avoid Corsair 👍🏻

Yep correct lol

Many customers boycott companies that they had first time bad experience, it's human nature, nothing wrong there, like, I can't and won't ever buy MSI products !

I can also name... Razor and hummm Apple of course 🙂 but apple reason is not about first time bad experience lmao you all know 

G.Skill is very good ram. You got unlucky. Have almost exclusively used them in most of my systems.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man