What to buy for a history teacher for his birthday?

Sena

Hey guys! My history teacher's birthday is coming up soon and I plan on buying him something nice, last year I have him a Nano-Block Kaminarimon building set. This year is his last year teaching until he moves, we are throwing him a surprise party  ;) I want to give him something that he will remember me for not something too over-priced and some-what history related. Can't wait to hear your responses!

- Sena

hmm, bribes.. cash package?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Give him a Tardis...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Hey guys! My history teacher's birthday is coming up soon and I plan on buying him something nice, last year I have him a Nano-Block Kaminarimon building set. This year is his last year teaching until he moves, we are throwing him a surprise party  ;) I want to give him something that he will remember me for not something too over-priced and some-what history related. Can't wait to hear your responses!

- Sena

how about a ancient greek necklace replica ofcource

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

A meth lab?

Maybe for my chemistry teacher if she wasn't so rude haha

After seeing many threads by people that want advice on what to do for fun during classes. And even one that wanted to make history optional on the curriculum

This thread surprised me.

As someone that is studying to become a history teacher i am moved by this.

As for the gift. Do you know about any specific interests your teacher has?

Otherwise i'd suggest a gag gift :P Make him laugh and he'll probably remember you^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

After seeing many threads by people that want advice on what to do for fun during classes. And even one that wanted to make history optional on the curriculum

Otherwise i'd suggest a gag gift :P Make him laugh and he'll probably remember you^^

Moved in what way?

† TTCF Member †

- Sena

see if you can get this picture framed out:

http://i.imgur.com/ZqF65q4.jpg

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Moved in what way?

In a good way? An uplifting way? 

Knowing that there are students that appreciate their teachers enough to give them a farewell gift is something that'll keep me going while i am tired and/or doing maths^^

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

In a good way? An uplifting way? 

Knowing that there are students that appreciate their teachers enough to give them a farewell gift is something that'll keep me going while i am tired and/or doing maths^^

I wouldn't do it for a bad teacher.

† TTCF Member †

Link me the thread where they said they want history optional. I haven't met my daily dosage of idiocy.

There wasn't much idiocy in the thread. Just a suggestion that history should be swapped with computer science. But you can check it out if you want to 

I wouldn't do it for a bad teacher.

That's precisely why i decided to become a teacher. Uninspiring and non-caring teachers that give absolutely no s**ts about their students will just make kids hate their lessons.

Teachers that care about their respective subjects and do it because they want to do it can usually make the lessons more interesting^^

There wasn't much idiocy in the thread. Just a suggestion that history should be swapped with computer science. But you can check it out if you want to 

That's precisely why i decided to become a teacher. Uninspiring and non-caring teachers that give absolutely no s**ts about their students will just make kids hate their lessons.

Teachers that care about their respective subjects and do it because they want to do it can usually make the lessons more interesting^^

All my good teachers like what they do.

† TTCF Member †

All my good teachers like what they do.

That was the point  ^_^

Gosh specific interests? I'll have to ask him without making it too obvious haha. Gag gift eh? What do you suggest?

I could say things that would get me banned (Cough cough cough nazi suit ) *For educational purposes of course

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

you'd have to tell us what he's like

I'd be inclined to suggest one of Tek Syndicate's "I don't party shirts" but I don't know if s/he parties. 

If you notice they have a habit i.e. always has a Starbucks cup at their desk you can probably get a few people to pitch in and group buy a large gift card. We did this for my economics teacher (somewhat ironically and a bit cliche)

If they buy their own printer paper, a metric fkton of printer paper.

Group buy a really good quality pen, maybe?

If all else fails, tricorn hat or one of those wigs with the curly hair that everyone before 1700 had. 

Error: 410

you'd have to tell us what he's like

I'd be inclined to suggest one of Tek Syndicate's "I don't party shirts" but I don't know if s/he parties. 

If you notice they have a habit i.e. always has a Starbucks cup at their desk you can probably get a few people to pitch in and group buy a large gift card. We did this for my economics teacher (somewhat ironically and a bit cliche)

If they buy their own printer paper, a metric fkton of printer paper.

Group buy a really good quality pen, maybe?

If all else fails, tricorn hat or one of those wigs with the curly hair that everyone before 1700 had. 

Group buying a pen is a great idea! I remember when the first year that he was my teacher he would always try steal my pens because they were sooo nice. (Thank you MassDrop...)

I will most likely consider this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Group buying a pen is a great idea! I remember when the first year that he was my teacher he would always try steal my pens because they were sooo nice. (Thank you MassDrop...)

I will most likely consider this idea! Thanks for sharing!

no problem.

Tricorn, Nazi uniforum, classy wig, or any combination of the three is still a great idea though.

GY9x9A8.jpg?1

Error: 410

no problem.

Tricorn, Nazi uniforum, classy wig, or any combination of the three is still a great idea though.

GY9x9A8.jpg?1

If I did end up going with one of those then I'll check in with a museum :)

I don't know if you got my message from like 3 months ago or not but thanks again for your help on my Imperialism essay. I look back to it and it was actually a pretty easy concept to grasp after countless hours of reading my text book and listening to online lectures...