External Hard Drive or Flash Drive for everyday use?

Renton577

So I'm trying to decide between a 512GB flash drive or 1TB external hard drive. It will be moved around thought the day, sometimes while plugged into the system and I'll want to use it for quite a while. The difference in capacity isn't that big of a deal if the flash drive is a better option since it has no moving parts and I'll be moving it a lot. With modern external hard drives though I wasn't sure if it was that big of a deal anymore moving the drive around.

Dell G15 Ryzen Edition

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600H GPU: RTX 3050 RAM: 32GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 4TB SSD

MSI Modern 14

----------------

CPU: i7-10510U GPU: Nvidia MX 330 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 1TB SSD

19 minutes ago, Renton577 said:

So I'm trying to decide between a 512GB flash drive or 1TB external hard drive. It will be moved around thought the day, sometimes while plugged into the system and I'll want to use it for quite a while. The difference in capacity isn't that big of a deal if the flash drive is a better option since it has no moving parts and I'll be moving it a lot. With modern external hard drives though I wasn't sure if it was that big of a deal anymore moving the drive around.

SSDs have major advantages when it comes to vibration and they’re a lot lighter.  They wear in different ways though.  Data on a HDD is more archival than a SSD, but that may not matter to you.  Use case might matter for this one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.