HDR monitor

ISmokeAir

Hi, i am looking for a new monitor. It needs to check the next boxes: 4K, 120hz, at least 27”,  color accurate (at least ~98 DCI-P3), vesa HDR 1000. I would like to spend ~2000 usd, maybe a little bit more if I can find it ~2000 in my local second hand market. Hope something like this exists.

I've been looking for years. The LG 27GN950 is still pretty much king. The monitor you want literally doesn't exist. You will have to compromise on HDR. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

For the recent stuff, you only have two choice either Samsung Q90A 50 inch TV (OLED don't get any where close to sustain 1000 nid for HDR1000) or Gigabyte FV43U. 

The rest are either in three grands and up range or HDR600 at best.

The Samsung Q90A has dimming issues when used as a PC monitor that cannot be fixed, so i wouldn't recommend that option.

The Asus PG32UQX is basically what you're asking for. But there are other reasons why i wouldn't recommend it.

- Slow response times (compared to other high-end IPS monitors)

- Blooming (has many dimming zones but is limited because of it's use of an IPS panel)

- Obviously price (Pricing is somewehere between $2500 and $3500 from what i've seen so far)

- Noticable fan noise in HDR (all those nits need some cooling)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Well, I kinda expected this result. I was already considering the qn95, but i have to check if it has the dimming issue from the qn90. Considering it’s ~1000 usd, if it doesn’t have the dimming issue, it’s the obvious choice. The asus is wayyy out of my price range sadly.