SSD Not Detected by Windows Explorer

FedPot

My D SSD drive is now undetected by the system. It's a 2 TB Adata XPG nvme drive.

It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer and Disk Management, but it does show up under Device Manager.

This happened after I got a BSOD relating to a clash in wificard drivers.
Already tried taking it out and using a USB->NVME external adapter, nothing.

I'd like to know if there's any way to recover the data in it.

Does it show up in storage spaces? You may need to clear the drive in there as that can hide the disk from

Oherwise you can use the clear-disk command in powershell to reset the status of the drive and use it in disk management.

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it show up in storage spaces? You may need to clear the drive in there as that can hide the disk from

Oherwise you can use the clear-disk command in powershell to reset the status of the drive and use it in disk management.

Wont that erase all data on the Drive?

1 minute ago, D1D01 said:

Wont that erase all data on the Drive?

Yup it will wipe the drive doing that. IF you care about data on the drive Id send it off to data recovery if you don't have backups.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yup it will wipe the drive doing that. IF you care about data on the drive Id send it off to data recovery if you don't have backups.

yeah, it's a bit ironic since it's supposed to be the backup drive for stuff in C and other stuff as well.

data recovery? as in go to computer shops and ask for a recovery?

also no, it didn't show up in Storage Spaces and I don't have a drive connected to it yet since I never use Storage Spaces before

3 minutes ago, FedPot said:

yeah, it's a bit ironic since it's supposed to be the backup drive for stuff in C and other stuff as well.

data recovery? as in go to computer shops and ask for a recovery?

also no, it didn't show up in Storage Spaces and I don't have a drive connected to it yet since I never use Storage Spaces before

Id guess its a issue with the drive if it suddenly stopped workined. Id take it into a data recovery shop and see what they can do if you don't have backups of the drive.