Am I the only one who sees a renault logo in this shirt?

Indus Monk

I went to lttstore.com

I laid my eyes on the LTT Case shirt. I legit thought at first glance, that it was a shirt promoting Renault Motors

I found that really strange

Screenshot_2022-03-06-00-57-20-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Apparently you aren't...

I still don't see it, but I'm also 'Murican and we haven't had the Renault brand and logo here since the early 90s so maybe it's just not ingrained in my subconscious. There's only so many ways to render a shallow box that's open on one side.

Edited by Needfuldoer
Apparently I wasn't clear enough

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Apparently you aren't...

I still don't see it, but I'm also 'Murican and we haven't had Renault here since the early 90s so maybe it's just not ingrained in my subconscious. There's only so many ways to render a shallow box that's open on one side.

Actually, you have. Nissan has been owned by Renault since around '06. And the quality of Nissan vehicles has been on par with that of Renault's ever since. Tomato, to-mah-to.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Actually, you have. Nissan has been owned by Renault since around '06. And the quality of Nissan vehicles has been on par with that of Renault's ever since. Tomato, to-mah-to.

We haven't had the Renault brand here. We only see it on old cars or episodes of Top Gear.

8 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

We haven't had the Renault brand here. We only see it on old cars or episodes of Top Gear.

Not to be snarky, but my point is that when Renault bought into Nissan, certain changes came about (some of which involves part sharing and co-mingling of design influence) that made Nissan more Renault than what it once was. Just like when Ford bought into Mazda. The transaction saved Mazda from bankruptcy, but the resulting sharing of platforms and parts between the two manufacturers ultimately hurt the quality of Mazda's vehicles. Primarily because it seems like Ford said, "Sure, we'll bail you out, just slap your badge on our vehicles for awhile." What's comical about this is that Ford later took a bailout.

This was especially true of platforms shared with existing Ford models, until at some point Ford sold some of their stake in Mazda, some of which was sold back to Mazda. Today, Mazda has regained a lot of its previous quality for which it was known. Nissan, however, has not. CVT transmissions are weak junk to start with, but Nissan's units have the highest failure rate in the industry, with Honda's a close second. And there have been other quality control issues since the parlay between the two.

So, you see, when you buy or drive a Nissan built after this parlay and co-mingling, you really are getting a Renault, not a Nissan.

Edited by An0maly_76

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

So, you see, when you buy or drive a Nissan built after this parlay and co-mingling, you're pretty much getting a Renault, not a Nissan.

We haven't had the Renault brand and logo stateside in almost 30 years, is my point. It's not as immediately familiar over here as it would be to someone from Europe. We don't recognize Renault any more than they'd recognize Saturn.

Renault logo seems a bit more like a Möbius strip, LTT one seems as a box.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

We haven't had the Renault brand and logo stateside in almost 30 years, is my point.

Renault-badged, no. But a Renault wearing a Nissan badge is still a Renault. By any other name, as the saying goes...

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Renault-badged, no. But a Renault wearing a Nissan badge is still a Renault. By any other name, as the saying goes...

Does Nissan use the Renault logo on their vehicles in North America? No. We won't instinctively make a connection between a logo we rarely see and a Canadian t-shirt design.

"Um, actually, Renault owns Nissan and you get Nissans therefore you are familiar with Renault" is completely irrelevant to my point.

18 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Does Nissan use the Renault logo on their vehicles in North America? No. We won't instinctively make a connection between a logo we rarely see and a Canadian t-shirt design.

"Um, actually, Renault owns Nissan and you get Nissans therefore you are familiar with Renault" is completely irrelevant to my point.

You've never heard the tale of the wolf in sheep's clothing, I take it. Your ferocity in pushing this position suggests you own a Nissan 🤣. If so, don't say I didn't warn you. Conversation's over, since you'd argue with a freight train.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

You've never heard the tale of the wolf in sheep's clothing, I take it. Your ferocity in pushing this position suggests you own a Nissan 🤣. If so, don't say I didn't warn you. Conversation's over, since you'd argue with a freight train.

Only if it's a needlessly pedantic freight train.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

Only if it's a needlessly pedantic freight train.

Pot and kettle. Congratulations, you made my ignore list. Didn't I say the conversation was over?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

22 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Pot and kettle. Congratulations, you made my ignore list. Didn't I say the conversation was over?

He had a point. The US hasn't had Renault branded cars in decades, regardless of what the parent company is. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 3/6/2022 at 10:17 AM, An0maly_76 said:

Not to be snarky, but my point is that when Renault bought into Nissan, certain changes came about (some of which involves part sharing and co-mingling of design influence) that made Nissan more Renault than what it once was. Just like when Ford bought into Mazda. The transaction saved Mazda from bankruptcy, but the resulting sharing of platforms and parts between the two manufacturers ultimately hurt the quality of Mazda's vehicles. Primarily because it seems like Ford said, "Sure, we'll bail you out, just slap your badge on our vehicles for awhile." What's comical about this is that Ford later took a bailout.

This was especially true of platforms shared with existing Ford models, until at some point Ford sold some of their stake in Mazda, some of which was sold back to Mazda. Today, Mazda has regained a lot of its previous quality for which it was known. Nissan, however, has not. CVT transmissions are weak junk to start with, but Nissan's units have the highest failure rate in the industry, with Honda's a close second. And there have been other quality control issues since the parlay between the two.

So, you see, when you buy or drive a Nissan built after this parlay and co-mingling, you really are getting a Renault, not a Nissan.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, An0maly_76 said:

On 3/6/2022 at 10:24 AM, An0maly_76 said:

This is rather wrong.

Renault is a fraction of Nissan's size. Nissan also owns a significant portion of Renault. Renault bought into them to prevent their own collapse (which is still happening), not the other way around. Judging by their respective market caps, nearly all of Renault's valuation is from their stake in Nissan.

They share some parts, but suggesting that a Nissan is a rebadged Renault is absolutely absurd.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 hour ago, Roswell said:

This is rather wrong.

Renault is a fraction of Nissan's size. Nissan also owns a significant portion of Renault. Renault bought into them to prevent their own collapse (which is still happening), not the other way around. Judging by their respective market caps, nearly all of Renault's valuation is from their stake in Nissan.

They share some parts, but suggesting that a Nissan is a rebadged Renault is absolutely absurd.

Call it what you like. I have a friend who owned a 2004 Sentra GT-R Spec V.  He said it was one of the last decent vehicles Nissan built before co-mingling with Renault. And that is straight from the import repair shop he referred me to as well. Tomato, tomah-to. I've said my piece.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

If you ever think "am I the only one who ......"

The answer will always be no, you're not the only one.

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

On 3/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, An0maly_76 said:

and yet you keep talking, making a point that was completely irrelevant and trying to act as if it's a you're right they're wrong situation. you made a separate point having nothing to do with what @Needfuldoerwas saying and tried to drive it into the ground like it was a moral battle. You made my ignore list as well, cuz that was just silly.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I'm also an American and don't know what Renault is. I personally think it looks like a rotation of Microsoft Sandbox's logo, and that goes to show that

On 3/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, Needfuldoer said:

There's only so many ways to render a shallow box that's open on one side.

Here's the logo I'm talking about (recently redesigned):

New Fluent-style icon for Windows Sandbox.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

I will be flat out honest and say that the design is flat out stupid and cheap. It's like they took their already medicore GPU shirt (?) design and swapped the gpu stick with a rectangle, that's supposed to be a pc case? Your imagination has to be really wild to figure out what it is supposed to be.

Sorta similar but definitely not close enough to be considered a stolen design.