CPU cooler for i5 750

linus is my favourite mum

This is a low end cooler so I would not recommend it on a build because for $15 more you can get a decent air cooler, you can use this if you are on a very tight budget though.

Quote me for the answer and please Mark As Solution if I solved your problem

What I need help with rn

Spoiler

Best pc guides

6 minutes ago, linus is my favourite mum said:

I am on a super tight budget, it is better than the stock cooler tho? Is it enough for i5 750?

Why would you change from the stock cooler if it works. Stock cooler is fine for i5 750

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Why would you change from the stock cooler if it works. Stock cooler is fine for i5 750

Agreed, just about to say it lol

Quote me for the answer and please Mark As Solution if I solved your problem

What I need help with rn

Spoiler

Best pc guides

5 minutes ago, linus is my favourite mum said:

I am on a super tight budget, it is better than the stock cooler tho? Is it enough for i5 750?

It's not better. Stock cooler will perform the same if not better.

Keep in mind that a i5 750 cpu is like not capable of modern gaming if this is connected to the gtx 970 thing in your other thread.

You might want to make a build post for this because well a 750 hasn't been a capable gaming cpu is like 5 years.

31 minutes ago, linus is my favourite mum said:

Is the stock intel cooler enough? If i don't overclock it at all. If not will this one work:https://www.msy.com.au/online/cpu-coolers/3129-rotanium-cc120r01-120mm-12cm-rgb-universal-cpu-cooler.html?
Thanks

Terrible cooler, even a 775 copper core will beat that sad sunflower cooler, a cheap tower like gammax 400 or se 224 xt would be better

Also anything earlier than 1366 is basically mandatory to oc or you get complete garbage performance, if you happen to have a garbage board that wont overclock then just stick with the stock cooler but if you have a board capable of oc then even a minor oc like 3.8ghz would be a good improvement

29 minutes ago, linus is my favourite mum said:

its a second spare pc so im not hoping much of it. So would the stock cooler provide enough cooling?

The stock cooler is perfect for the i5 750

The 10$ RGcooler is a piece of plastic and metal that will perform worse. The whole budget went for the light and not the cooling lol.

Stock coolers are perfectly adequate for cooling the CPUs they came with.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

31 minutes ago, linus is my favourite mum said:

Ok the seller said the stock cooler is terrible and for tdp 45 so i was a bit unsure

Sure, when overclocking. For stock operation the original cooler can handle 45W all day long

Except the 750 is a 95w CPU.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14