Horizon forbidden west worth it or not...

Ayush008

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well...

Stay safe and healthy....

I know many of you have quite depth knowledge regarding gaming stuffs n all. So I thought to share this post.Actually I was thinking to buy forbidden west but after watching the reviews I have analyzed that it's not as good as previous sequel. What should I suppose to do now. Should I buy it or should I ditch this title and buy elden ring 😬😬.

Please feel free to share me your opinion. 

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If you're not sure,  wait for a sale ... I liked the first one, didn't play the second one ... waiting until it's on pc and at a discount

Thnx @mariushm,

For sharing your opinion. Quite logical.

8 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have quite depth knowledge regarding gaming stuffs n all. So I thought to share this post.Actually I was thinking to buy forbidden west but after watching the reviews I have analyzed that it's not as good as previous sequel. What should I suppose to do now. Should I buy it or should I ditch this title and buy elden ring 😬😬.

From friends that are playing it they say it's an improvement on all fronts and an amazing game.

I'd get both but go for whichever you want most and then you can always buy the other on sale later once you are done with either.

It's a fantastic game. There's been some people that have been able to mainline it in 35-40 hours, but you'd have to be moving like a demon. I'm already 30 hours in and I've maybe hit 20% completion. There's a ton of content, and it's honestly just fun exploring the world, doing nothing in particular. It's easily worth $60.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

10 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Hello everyone,

I Just finished a run of the original and started playing Forbidden west sunday night. I Played for around 3 hours.

The important thing is this is a new game, not a reskin. It has similar mechanics, but it's different enough to have a different feel.

I personally think that Forbidden West is a better game. Animations are better, dialogue and cutscene are better acted. I feel it's tougher but has less irritant (like less climbing à la Mario Bros, less inventory management)

A worthy buy IMHO.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

42 minutes ago, jaslion said:

From friends that are playing it they say it's an improvement on all fronts and an amazing game.

I'd get both but go for whichever you want most and then you can always buy the other on sale later once you are done with either.

Thnx @jaslion,

I agree with your point.

42 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's a fantastic game. There's been some people that have been able to mainline it in 35-40 hours, but you'd have to be moving like a demon. I'm already 30 hours in and I've maybe hit 20% completion. There's a ton of content, and it's honestly just fun exploring the world, doing nothing in particular. It's easily worth $60.

Thnx @Chris Pratt,

For your explanation. Would you be so kind to tell me about the mainline....? 

41 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

I Just finished a run of the original and started playing Forbidden west sunday night. I Played for around 3 hours.

The important thing is this is a new game, not a reskin. It has similar mechanics, but it's different enough to have a different feel.

I personally think that Forbidden West is a better game. Animations are better, dialogue and cutscene are better acted. I feel it's tougher but has less irritant (like less climbing à la Mario Bros, less inventory management)

A worthy buy IMHO.

Thnx @Quickstrike,

For your opinion. Animation and weapon combats are definitely great improvement compare to previous one but what I'm dicey about is regarding mainline...!!

46 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx @Chris Pratt,

For your explanation. Would you be so kind to tell me about the mainline....? 

It means just doing the main story quests and basically ignoring all side content. There's about 40 hours of just main quest content, but there's easily 100 extra hours of side content. Additionally, it's not the normal fetch quest filler stuff you get in most open worlds. The side content is really good and some of the side quests actually rival main quests in scope and spectacle.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

It means just doing the main story quests and basically ignoring all side content. There's about 40 hours of just main quest content, but there's easily 100 extra hours of side content. Additionally, it's not the normal fetch quest filler stuff you get in most open worlds. The side content is really good and some of the side quests actually rival main quests in scope and spectacle.

Sounds like it's a huge open world game.Bdw, if you have played the previous title, can you tell me which mainline is better. First one or second...?

8 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Sounds like it's a huge open world game.Bdw, if you have played the previous title, can you tell me which mainline is better. First one or second...?

I haven't finished the second one, yet, but so far, I'd say they're about even. The actual plot of the first game was better, but the acting and overall delivery of the story in the second is much better.

5 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

I haven't finished the second one, yet, but so far, I'd say they're about even. The actual plot of the first game was better, but the acting and overall delivery of the story in the second is much better.

That's great......

Bdw before purchasing any title do you check the review's...!! 

Game looks kind of unimpressive on my 4k monitor in performance mode, though the 1.005 patch fixed some of the worst oversharpening which made it look like complete trash on 1.004. Picture is still noisy as hell though, lots of shimmer on nearby grass and mid to distant foliage is still very aliased. The 1800p checkerboard sucks IMO, wish they'd just do a 1440p mode with TAA even if it means cutting back on some of the environmental details. As for now, I demoted it to my backlog for probably a month or so at least until hopefully the game is in a better state.

5 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Game looks kind of unimpressive on my 4k monitor in performance mode, though the 1.005 patch fixed some of the worst oversharpening which made it look like complete trash on 1.004. Picture is still noisy as hell though, lots of shimmer on nearby grass and mid to distant foliage is still very aliased. The 1800p checkerboard sucks IMO, wish they'd just do a 1440p mode with TAA even if it means cutting back on some of the environmental details. As of now it's in my backlog for probably a month or so.

Thnx @SteveGrabowski0,

For sharing your opinion. After reading your explanation feels like you should wait for some more patches and then you'll be fine. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞