CyberPowerPC denied gpu replacement

myj

Hey,
I bought a pre-built pc from CyberPowerPC with GIGABYTE GeForce RTX™ 3090 GAMING OC 24G. the card died after 2 month of use, and after I shipped it to them for replacement they denied my request because of the shipping damage which it doesn't have anything to do with me. They told me I should have took pictures before shipping it. they are demanding 2600$ for replacement.

here are the pictures of "physical damages".

Now I don't know what to do. is there anywhere reliable that I can fix the GPU?

Inked1641320817902_LI.jpg

Inked1641320817985_LI.jpg

Have you tried reaching out to gigabyte? I wouldn’t trust cyberpower with writing their own name.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

No I didn't reach to gigabyte.
but with this "Physical damage" is there any chance that gigabyte will replace it for me?

With that kind of dammage someone must literally must have been driving over the package. So when they received it the must have gotten a really smashed package and they should have made a claim about that to the shipping company.    

Didn't the LTT secret shopper videos teach people that you should never buy from cyberpower?  There's a reason prebuilt's are looked down on. 

As a last resort I would ask to speak to a supervisor at cyberpower.

12 minutes ago, myj said:

No I didn't reach to gigabyte.
but with this "Physical damage" is there any chance that gigabyte will replace it for me?

Well it looks superficial. Just bend it back to shape?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

2 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

Well it looks superficial. Just bend it back to shape?

Yeah I can give it a try.

5 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Didn't the LTT secret shopper videos teach people that you should never buy from cyberpower?  There's a reason prebuilt's are looked down on. 

As a last resort I would ask to speak to a supervisor at cyberpower.

I talked to them but they won't budge.
I bought it from them because at that time there were no available 3090s and I needed it for my deep learning research

21 minutes ago, myj said:

They told me I should have took pictures before shipping it. they are demanding 2600$ for replacement.

Did you ship a 3090 without getting pictures of even the serial number on it? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, myj said:

I bought it from them because at that time there were no available 3090s and I needed it for my deep learning research

Makes sense.

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Did you ship a 3090 without getting pictures of even the serial number on it? 

unfortunately yes 😞
I learned my leson

3 hours ago, myj said:

unfortunately yes 😞
I learned my leson

Did you contact the shipping company? Did you get insurance? 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, Blue4130 said:

Did you contact the shipping company? Did you get insurance? 

they provide the shipping label so I didn't have anything to do with the shipping.