Data on SSD recoverable?

ripper101

So I learned a hard lesson the other day to not use a modular Corsiar PSU cable for my new EVGA power supply because I like the way the old cord looks. Anyways I fried (a burnt smell literally filled my room) my 1TB WD SSD that had tons of stuff on it. I didn't find out about recently I had 250GB of ShadowPlays on it and I'm pretty bummed about it. So in short I am wondering if the data is recoverable since I assume only the power delivery chip got zapped?

Is this something I could possibly recover myself or would I need a data recovery service to send it to? I looked into data recovery but it appears they get you on the price pretty good. This is a route I am willing to go but I would like some recommendations that are affordable if possible. I talked on the phone with someone from Drive Savers and I think he quoted me $700 as a minimum. Although the data on the drive is important to me I'm not in the position right now to shell out that much for it. 

259767B9-50E5-4B57-A272-8146D194720D.jpeg

The chip that burned off is picture here

Well you could try to get someone who can solder surface components to give it a shot.

Keep in mind even though one chip actually burnt the data may already be gone so work under the assumption that its already not recoverable

You can try. The chip that blew up was the voltage regulator, and it could have very well taken other things with it when it blew up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11