Ruzen 5 5600x stock cooler vs noctua nh u9s

Mahbub

So i have a ryzen 5 5600x on a b550i aorus pro mobo, my case is cooler master nr 200 so my cooler options are very limited.. where i stay.. noctua nh u9s is my only option. I wanna ask how much of a benefit might i see on a u9s compared to the stock cooler?

43 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

So i have a ryzen 5 5600x on a b550i aorus pro mobo, my case is cooler master nr 200 so my cooler options are very limited.. where i stay.. noctua nh u9s is my only option. I wanna ask how much of a benefit might i see on a u9s compared to the stock cooler?

You can expect the Noctua U9S to perform around 15-20% cooler than the stock Wraith Stealth cooler. 

However, it will also be a little louder as it uses a 92mm fan.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

3 hours ago, Tech87 said:

it will also be a little louder as it uses a 92mm fan.

What's the size of the stock cooler?

5600X comes with a shitty aluminum puck. I hope u9s is more than 20% better 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

On 2/6/2022 at 6:49 AM, Tech87 said:

For those wondering, I'm basing the 15-20% off this YouTube review.

I'm not sure where it's mentioned in the video but percentage shouldn't be used for temperature outside of Kelvin. 

The NH-U9S is much quieter and performs considerably better than the Wraith Stealth. It's a good upgrade if you're not satisfied with the stock cooler. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:59 AM, Tech87 said:

However, it will also be a little louder as it uses a 92mm fan.

sorry, thats not true, the Noctua is much quieter. wraith coolers are quite loud too.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm not sure where it's mentioned in the video but percentage shouldn't be used for temperature outside of Kelvin. 

The NH-U9S is much quieter and performs considerably better than the Wraith Stealth. It's a good upgrade if you're not satisfied with the stock cooler. 

What's wrong with comparing cooling by percentages?

We do it for performance all the time. (Ie..option A gives 50% more fps than option B)

41 minutes ago, adarw said:

sorry, thats not true, the Noctua is much quieter. wraith coolers are quite loud too.

First of all, I wasnt comparing the two on a sound level. I was simply stating that the U9S will be on the louder side given its smaller 92mm fan. (Compared to full size coolers with 120mm fans)

Secondly, when both fans are pushed to their max, the U9S is in fact louder than the Wraith Stealth. According to the video review...

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

12 hours ago, Tech87 said:

What's wrong with comparing cooling by percentages?

We do it for performance all the time. (Ie..option A gives 50% more fps than option B)

Cooling performance can be described with percentages but often with cooling capacity which is often measured in watts. I'm not sure where it's mentioned in the video. 

Where did you get 15-20%?

Secondly, when both fans are pushed to their max, the U9S is in fact louder than the Wraith Stealth. According to the video review...

Can you use timestamps? It's hard to find what's being referenced in such a long video.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.