MY PROCESSOR IS RUNNING 59C IDLE

Hello! I have an issue with my cpu cooling. I recently bought a new computer with a rtx 3060ti and a ryzen 7 5700g. My gpu is running 40c idle and around 70-75c while at 100% usage. but i have an issue with my cpu. See i bought a prebuilt due to the chipshortage and upgraded basicly everything except cpu and gpu. I bought the fractal design meshify 2 compact chassi, a msi B550-A PRO and the artic freezer esport duo cooler. After installing everythhing and booting up i saw that my cpu was running at 59c basicly locked no matter the usage. I first tought it was because i had put on the thermal paste way to early and it had sat on the cooler, lose for about 2 hours before it got installed. it was also the stock thermal paste i got with the cooler. So i bought a tube of kryonaut paste and tought that would resolve it. But to no ones suprise it did not. The temps haven't moved a single bit since i reaplied new paste. I read it could be because of the edc if it's running to high? my edc is running at 95-100% all the time at it seems not to be an issue as far as what've read. any Tech Tips is apriciated 

thats on the higher side but normal for modern cpus.Moderns cpus push high voltage at idle, so it can boost higher when ramdom backround app or windows is using the cpu

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

3 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

Hello! I have an issue with my cpu cooling. I recently bought a new computer with a rtx 3060ti and a ryzen 7 5700g. My gpu is running 40c idle and around 70-75c while at 100% usage. but i have an issue with my cpu. See i bought a prebuilt due to the chipshortage and upgraded basicly everything except cpu and gpu. I bought the fractal design meshify 2 compact chassi, a msi B550-A PRO and the artic freezer esport duo cooler. After installing everythhing and booting up i saw that my cpu was running at 59c basicly locked no matter the usage. I first tought it was because i had put on the thermal paste way to early and it had sat on the cooler, lose for about 2 hours before it got installed. it was also the stock thermal paste i got with the cooler. So i bought a tube of kryonaut paste and tought that would resolve it. But to no ones suprise it did not. The temps haven't moved a single bit since i reaplied new paste. I read it could be because of the edc if it's running to high? my edc is running at 95-100% all the time at it seems not to be an issue as far as what've read. any Tech Tips is apriciated 

59C under load would be great. If your load temps are at 59C, idle temps should be lower. Did you install the OS yourself of was it preinstalled? Could be some malware or mining stuff running in the background. 

There's something wrong with your cooling, a 5700G shouldn't reach 59C idle, even a 5950X don't !!

What are the temps under load ? Should be awfully high...

If paste is applied correctly check if the cooler has enough contact pressure with the CPU, and if the fans work correctly...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

@PDifolcoI did doubleck if i used the right screws for the cpu cooler and i can assure i did. because it takes almost to much strength to attack the cooler so it defently has contact. all the fans are on and running as normal. i have a 1/1 pressure which means one fan is blowing in air trough the cooler while the other pushes it out the backside of the chassi. 59c is the idle. it dosen't go higher than 65c  under full load either. i haven't tested that fully tho, i have done a couple of after effects renders and a couple of hours of gaming but the only time it has reached 100% usage is in after effects and that's for a short period of time but it  still dosent go over 65c and there is no spikes

@Applefreakit's 59 idle and maximum 65c under load. it's windows 11. all my drivers for both cpu and gpu is updated and the os was preinstalled since the prebuilt and hasen't been reinstalled in any way except updates it's untouched. the funny thing is that the idle temp wasn't this high on the prebuilt (it was from the start a hp omen 25l that has been upgraded) and the cooler was awfull but that had a idle temp of around 40c but while gaming it could easily spike to 75+. with this cooler it has never gone over 65c but what worries me is that it's idling at the same temp as it is while gaming. and while using chrome or watcching youtube the usage dosen't go over 25%

54 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

thats on the higher side but normal for modern cpus.Moderns cpus push high voltage at idle, so it can boost higher when ramdom backround app or windows is using the cpu

that's true. I had the same cooler in my old build (that died recently that's why i bought a new one) that had a i5 8600k and a 1060. the cooling pad on the esports duo is a bit small tho compared to the cpu. it has a bit off headroom but it should'nt affect it this much i think

2 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

@Applefreakit's 59 idle and maximum 65c under load. it's windows 11. all my drivers for both cpu and gpu is updated and the os was preinstalled since the prebuilt and hasen't been reinstalled in any way except updates it's untouched. the funny thing is that the idle temp wasn't this high on the prebuilt (it was from the start a hp omen 25l that has been upgraded) and the cooler was awfull but that had a idle temp of around 40c but while gaming it could easily spike to 75+. with this cooler it has never gone over 65c but what worries me is that it's idling at the same temp as it is while gaming. and while using chrome or watcching youtube the usage dosen't go over 25%

Maybe the motherboard has a set fan curve for the old cooler. Do you have a fan cable adapter to run the fans at 12v (full speed)? 

3 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

that's true. I had the same cooler in my old build (that died recently that's why i bought a new one) that had a i5 8600k and a 1060. the cooling pad on the esports duo is a bit small tho compared to the cpu. it has a bit off headroom but it should'nt affect it this much i think

so you are using a cooler from a system that died to unknown reasons? .. did you atleast replaced cooling paste? 

12 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

Those temps are absolutely fine.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

18 minutes ago, Robchil said:

so you are using a cooler from a system that died to unknown reasons? .. did you atleast replaced cooling paste? 

no no no. i sold my old pc (at a big loss cus i'm not a scalper) The new one i bought the same cooler but a new one because i tought the performance was so good for the price

21 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Maybe the motherboard has a set fan curve for the old cooler. Do you have a fan cable adapter to run the fans at 12v (full speed)? 

it is running a bit loud but not unreasonably high. i'm using the 12v adapter that came with the cooler straight to the motherboard. It's the same model cooler but not the same from my old build. My old build didn't have any issues until the motherboard died which i fixed and then sold the old pc 

17 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Those temps are absolutely fine.

yes I know. but it should'nt be that high at idle. especially not in my room which is normally not hotter than 24c. especially not now during the winter when it's avarge -15 outiside

36 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

yes I know. but it should'nt be that high at idle. especially not in my room which is normally not hotter than 24c. especially not now during the winter when it's avarge -15 outiside

ok.. was there a preapply thermal paste on the AIO? .. swap it with regular paste.. 

5 minutes ago, Robchil said:

ok.. was there a preapply thermal paste on the AIO? .. swap it with regular paste.. 

there was nothing preaplied. there was old paste on it that i removed because i tought that was the root of the cooling issue. So i removed it and replaced with the best paste i know off (thermal grizzly kryonaut) but saw no change at all

28 minutes ago, Robchil said:

how how big is the radiator on that and how is it mounted? 

it's 120mm fans. so I would guess the radiator is about the same. it's mounted with amd adapters like thatarctic_freezer_34_esports_duo_19.jpg.dfbccfce1c956b64a6cedd03e7e63660.jpghe same. 

If it was poor cooling, I'd expect to see thermal throttling and high temps under any load.

You're going to have to do a clean install of the OS I think.  If that's the original os that shipped with the hp then it might be tailored to the hp board and be messing with the settings.  

8 minutes ago, Heliian said:

If it was poor cooling, I'd expect to see thermal throttling and high temps under any load.

You're going to have to do a clean install of the OS I think.  If that's the original os that shipped with the hp then it might be tailored to the hp board and be messing with the settings.  

that's actually something i didn't think about. my motherboard settings are also completely stock. might need to tinker with both. that's could also increase the perfmonace of everything. thanks

weird... tried changing the fan curve in bios and made it a bit more agressive. it was idling at 34c in bios. 5 minutes after booting to windows it locked itself to 59c again

i have concluded one thing. it's not due to the cooling. because i changed the fan curve to be extremly aggressive and speed up basicly every fan including the cpu fan. and I did it multible times but no matter how i changed the fan curves the temps on my cpu always stayed the same. it hasen't moved an inch no matter the curve

Sorry for spamming but this is just Hilarius😂😂. So i did a bit more searching and found out 2 things. ryzen and intel work totally different when it comes to core usage. and i also found a guy who had the exact same issue with a ryzen cpu. he changed cooler and paste but it did little to nothing. he then decided to check his usage and it was doing 15% which is normal for just youtube and some apps like discord opened. He tried closing some apps (and the logitech g hub that was using about 7%) and saw a ddrastic chnage from 59c idle to 30c idle. so I did the same thing and gimage.png.484d83816edf670aec2b3ded06da2465.pnguess what...

14 hours ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

i have concluded one thing. it's not due to the cooling. because i changed the fan curve to be extremly aggressive and speed up basicly every fan including the cpu fan. and I did it multible times but no matter how i changed the fan curves the temps on my cpu always stayed the same. it hasen't moved an inch no matter the curve

Hmmm did you check if you don't have a bunch of crap/bloatware running at system start ? What's your CPU usage % and your power consumption ? What are the running sofwares in Task Manager?

There's 0 reason for a system to be at 59C "idle" and 65C at load, it means it runs stuff when "idle"

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Hmmm did you check if you don't have a bunch of crap/bloatware running at system start ? What's your CPU usage % and your power consumption ? What are the running sofwares in Task Manager?

There's 0 reason for a system to be at 59C "idle" and 65C at load, it means it runs stuff when "idle"

I did check that. My usage is at max 15% when running normal apps like discord and chrome. my power consuption is close to zero. only thing that's high powerwize is my EDC. when that drops the temp goes with it. I read another forum where a guy had the exact same issue and basicly the same apps running in the background (logitech g hub, discord and chrome etc) he then closed them and his temps went down from 60c to 33c. so i did the same thing and also enabled cpu tweak and changed the fan curve a bit in the bios. which brpught it down to a cool avarage of 33c. After playing some games and letting the cpu and thermal paste heat up and cool down i can sit at that temp almost all the time and the temp dosen't go over 45c even in games and at 100% usage (for example when i work in blender) it dosent get over 65c so the temps are defenetly fixed. I can't really eexplain how or why but it's fixed. Like i tought at the begginign it wasnt a hardware issue more a software issue. Before rebuilding my pc to a new motherboard, cpu fan and chassi I reset windows. So there is no bloatware. What I belive was the issue was the programs running in the background and that my cpu boosts to higher clocks whenever it goes over 10% usage. It could be due to Logitech G hub only, cus i just opened it and the temps went from 32c to 42c. All in all the issue seems to be fixed so it is what it is.