Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Coolest Laptop (has a huge problem)

Plouffe
 Share

An interesting product but one that wont be catching on unless more laptops adopt a hybrid capable cooling design with the same universal quick disconnects, which is highly unlikely to ever happen.

 

Regardless for the few who get that specific range of laptops, it is worth considering.

 

As some feedback for the vid itself and the title card/caption, i honestly thought at 1st the vid was about a -20c laptop cooling solution (sub ambient) due to the color and texture choice for the <20 Degree bit 😛

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is when will we see LTT video making custom cooling for this laptop?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That sound is common when you fill your reservoir to the top and then shut it without letting some air out.

Tender is the night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared to the GX800 Asus created a few years ago, this looks great. Would definitely buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks really neat, just needs fan controls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

if ltt could saw the rad in half, attach it to the backside of screen. then you got an all in one.

"thicc but cool" 🤧🥶

or make a rad that is similar to server coolers, if the bottom was enough space for the pump it could go there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez. The vlog portion was rough. It did not even make sense and it seemed like Linus wanted the thing to fail. Add to that the fact that the portion where they were testing the cooler, the game was in an idle state. Heck it was even in the menu when Linus was playing around with the fan hub. Also, the liquid cooler case was open, so that must've affected the temps.

 

Was the graph shown by Alex towards the end of the video actually tested as it was meant to? Or was it just the run when Linus had his finger up the fan/power hub of the cooler?

 

Guys, come on, I expect a little more fair comparison, with the case closed, the game actually being played, heck run the benchmark part of FH5! This seemed like a cool product, but you guys just kinda botched the presentation.

 

No hard feelings, just what I thought. Love you guys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, NemesisPrime_691 said:

Jeez. The vlog portion was rough. It did not even make sense and it seemed like Linus wanted the thing to fail. Add to that the fact that the portion where they were testing the cooler, the game was in an idle state. Heck it was even in the menu when Linus was playing around with the fan hub. Also, the liquid cooler case was open, so that must've affected the temps.

 

Was the graph shown by Alex towards the end of the video actually tested as it was meant to? Or was it just the run when Linus had his finger up the fan/power hub of the cooler?

 

Guys, come on, I expect a little more fair comparison, with the case closed, the game actually being played, heck run the benchmark part of FH5! This seemed like a cool product, but you guys just kinda botched the presentation.

 

No hard feelings, just what I thought. Love you guys!

Agreed, I think better testing is needed to get a better idea on the cooling and performance of this product. Maybe Gamers Nexus will do a video on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would much rather be able to buy just the hose seperatley and have them end in g1/4 so i could use my own rad and pump.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I miss it or was there no Framework disclosure in this video? If so why not? Was it because they were just reviewing a specific feature of the laptop? If there was a disclosure why wasn't it more obvious? 

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan and I (mostly) trust the guys at LTT, but at the same time I don't trust the company LMG (no offence, I trust no company) and would prefer to always see the disclosure out front rather than it being not there or hidden. Although maybe I'm just being pedantic because I was always slightly uncomfortable about the whole thing.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shah M said:

Did I miss it or was there no Framework disclosure in this video? If so why not? Was it because they were just reviewing a specific feature of the laptop? If there was a disclosure why wasn't it more obvious? 

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan and I (mostly) trust the guys at LTT, but at the same time I don't trust the company LMG (no offence, I trust no company) and would prefer to always see the disclosure out front rather than it being not there or hidden. Although maybe I'm just being pedantic because I was always slightly uncomfortable about the whole thing.

 

 

You missed it. It was a line of text towards the beginning of the video at the bottom of the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

You missed it. It was a line of text towards the beginning of the video at the bottom of the video.

Ah, watched it a 3rd time and spotted it now... Although now it feels like something hidden in the terms and conditions. It was up for 3 seconds, I just feel like the disclosure should be done verbally as well as in writing. What's done in this video is a letter of the law rather than spirit of it kind of thing.

 

Although once again I am admittedly personally biased as I am of the view that we should get the disclosure for CPU and GPU reviews as well. By Linus's own account one of the benefits of him being invested is that he has relationships in the industry, when you are speaking to intel or amd, it's not necessarily them just thinking laptop division, yeah you're a laptop maker but LTT is a general platform. So what's to stop a positive intel exp or a negative amd one from colouring content, even if it is unconscious... Then again where do you draw the line? It'll probably become too much time spent on disclosure because by my above logic what about employees going "well the boss is invested in this company so shouldn't we put in a good word or denigrate competition (even if just subconsciously done)" or more realistically just a slight unconcious bias based on the fact that linus is good people and he's invested so they probably had good intentions by doing X, but then we end up with disclosures on every video and then someone else like me wants an even longer disclosure... I'm maybe talking myself out of it, although not entirely, it's probably a slippery slope using my logic and you need to draw the line somewhere. I guess I just want it drawn somewhere else. I'm being a pedant but it's probably just something that has been bugging me and this was just the straw that made me want to express those reservations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 3:00 AM, Plouffe said:

 

Laptops are loud, run hot, and are kinda slow, but Elucktronics has found a solution to all of those problems.

 

Buy Eluktronics Prometheus XVII: https://lmg.gg/ESOPf

 

Buy Eluktronics MECH-15: https://lmg.gg/hX6kK

 

 

 

would be a hassle if you planning to bring it to another place

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×