What's in YOUR Tech Tool Bag?

I have a lot of standard tools like screwdrivers, small and large. Security bits. Tools for crimping ethernet cables and jacks. Lots of spare parts like VGA and DVI cables. RAM, Videocard (PCI/PCI-E), hard drive. External cd drive with a bootable memtest cd and a bootable linux distro with hard drive diagnostics. Bootable flash drive with Windows 7 installer to test installing OS to spare hard drive in case the OS is the issue.

However, this is all at my house, I try to never do house calls. When people need me to work on their system, I try to get them to bring them to me if possible.

i dont have an bag, but i have 2 bins (overflowing) with cables old phones hardware controller playstation (yup a ps1) i do also have my toolbox in the shed with hammers screwdrivers  and alot of sanding paper, but my main screwdrivers are inside, in a molten (top plastic cover is engraved with the grip from the screwdriver) i also have an cabinet with 1 pc and an old dell case a psu disc cases and dvd drives (ofcorse my old pc next to my tv as an thingy for your feet), if i have to use an pc at somebody to fix theirs, my dads old laptop (2007/2008 acer running linux) is the one i use

I have mc gyver, i dont need a tech bag!

Sorry i had to do the joke

- Tools : Screwdriver, RJ45 Crimper, USB to IDE/SATA converter

- Network related : RJ45 jack, Patch Cord, couple meters of UTP cable, Straight to cross LAN converter

I doubt that they are RJ45, probably 8P8C :p 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Hi

I will only mention the things I haven't seen, it should be mentioned I focus a lot on mobility.

- hard guitar plectors are great disassembling, rather than pry tools

- powered OTG USB hub for my phone

- USB 3g modem with external antenna

- 4g wireless router

- Flush wire cutters

I am a big fan of WERA ESD tools, so use their bit screwdriver. Kraftform Kompakt Micro-Set ESD/11 SB

I have a ratchet screw driver and a couple of normal screw drivers. Some m3 fan screws. A few ethernet cables as well as some rj45 couplers. A file with documents in. Business Cards, a few sata cables. Some manuals for things. An old fan. A 5 port gigabit switch. Some case thumbscrews. A radeon hd 5450 in an anti static bag. A few hdd anti static bags. An external hdd. And some more stuff that I cant remember about now.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I have a ratchet screw driver and a couple of normal screw drivers. Some m3 fan screws. A few ethernet cables as well as some rj45 couplers. A file with documents in. Business Cards, a few sata cables. Some manuals for things. An old fan. A 5 port gigabit switch. Some case thumbscrews. A radeon hd 5450 in an anti static bag. A few hdd anti static bags. An external hdd. And some more stuff that I cant remember about now.

psst! not RJ45 :p

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

psst! not RJ45 :P

what do you mean not rj45

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

what do you mean not rj45

Ethernet uses 8P8C connectors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector#8P8C

"Although commonly referred to as an "RJ45" in the context of Ethernet and category 5 cables, it is incorrect to refer to a generic 8P8C connector as an RJ45."

I have my tech tools in my tech tool bag :D

A laptop

Some screwdrivers

Lockpick set

8GB Flashdrive usually with Linux ( #! ) on it

Cheap headphones

Windows 7 disc

My cell phone

Tablet

and a bunch of cables.

Not much yet!

All that stuff and no Ethernet cable? 

He did have Ethernet cables

I just carry a small Phillips, small flat, Swiss Army knife and two usb's that I rarely leave home without: one is a live Linux distro, and the other has a few programs that may come in handy, eg an antivirus and some testing stuff. Oh, and a couple of Ethernet cables should I need them. And for all you apple fans (and haters), an ipad is quick and easy to google stuff on the go.

OnePlus 6T

A 128GB flash drive, paperclip, a coin (for bigger screws), Philip screw driver and a small knife 

He needs Plaster's ( I always get cut in computer case's), A torch, and I am presuming he got most of the OS's on those thumb drive

I use a tooth brush to clean things out like corsair H90, I also carry a spare budget PCIx graphic card as well as a AGP one,

Software XP, windows 7, vista, NVidia, Intel and AMD drivers, CCleaner, Defraggler, Speccy handy for telling you make and model of hardware to find drivers :) Bart PE and a large Hard Drive for backing their data up. I always carry a PS2 keyboard, you can't get into BIOS on some old mother boards with USB keyboards
I usually Lend them a Laptop and take the PC with me to fix

post-14751-0-74422700-1369781450_thumb.j

post-14751-0-65105800-1369781474_thumb.j

all these boxes are full of PC parts from sound cards to motherboards and load and loads of cables

post-14751-0-24876600-1369781500_thumb.j

Well my school bag has a screwdriver set and a torch :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

A bunch of grabbers and some screwdrivers, a mini maglite, thermal paste ( 10 bottles!), 2 pin 120mm fan, Molex adapters, mouse, screws, leds, SATA II cable, and my phone. All from my Dad! <3

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

TJpfCXn.jpg

Can of compressed air, philips head screwdriver, wire cutters, crossfire bridge, usb charger/data transfer cable for apple devices, placeholder graphics card, placeholder network card, usb network card.

Well here is my list:

1) Two usb drives.

2) One SATA Hard Drive.

3) A cm storm keyboard.

3) Razer NAGA epic elite mouse.

4) Two corsair dominator 4gb rams.

5) Razer kraken PRO Headphones.

6) A calculator.

7) A HD 7770 to check if its the gfx problem or the motherboard.

8) Lots of screw drivers.

9) A Flashlight.

10) 5mb internet usb(Wateen) in case of no connection already.

11) Corsair Nuetron SSD 128gb

12) My gaming laptop Lenovo y500(i7,GTX 660m,8gb ram,128ssd,1tb HDD.)

13) Lots of cables (ethernet,usb,vga,dvi,dual link dvi,HDMI,displayport)

14) A copy of windows.

15) An updated driver disk.

Thats pretty much it. And thats not owned by me the company gave me this stuff but the gfx,ssd,laptop,keyboard,mouse and ram are mine.

I usually just go and look at the problem unprepared, and if I cannot fix it, I bring the electronics device home and keep the customer updated on it.

where's the hammer? thats the only thing you need to fix things right?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

One big thing you were missing was a flashlight.  I'd also recommend a Leatherman and Swiss Army knife.  I plan to ad a Corsair Voyager soon...