What's in YOUR Tech Tool Bag?

I don't do this very often, but I like my scalpel and tiny pinchers and scissors.

I've got several boxes and closets full of stuff such as compressionfittings, fan splitters, V-reducers, about 50 fans, tubing, rad-screws, every screwdriver you could possibly need, big machinery like hydraulic drills and I have access to my grandfathers working room, where you can find basically EVERYTHING you can imagine. And if we don't find what we need, we still have access to the university-lab, where everything you never thought you'd need is located :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Apart from stuff you carry, I also have these items

1. Wacom's bamboo graphic tablet 

2.Cyber Clean (as they say for them selves "the high tech cleaning compound")

3.Microfiber cloth (2 or 3 of them)

4. Post it papers

5 Deodorant ('cause you never know: maybe a hot girl needs her PC to be fixed=

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

I use have this in mine and find it very useful.

PS-TEST228_LG.JPG

Oooo yeah that looks HANDY! :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a screw driver, head phones, a psp, ipod classic 300gb hell yeah, two gloves.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't do this very often, but I like my scalpel and tiny pinchers and scissors.

So you have shaky hands and a scalpel, the legit version of oooo shit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Honestly my tool bag is sad. I have a Philips and flat head screw driver, a couple sata cables, power cables, USB flash drives, and for some reason a 15gauge needle from work

So you have shaky hands and a scalpel, the legit version of oooo shit.

You better not know I have razorblade I use for some stuff... oh.

You better not know I have razorblade I use for some stuff... oh.

How many limbs do you have. You havent managed to lop off your man sausage off yet have you?

Listen if you care.

Got an a-data N005 32Gb usb with yumi and a universal Windows 7 (all editions,x32+x64), Windows 8, server, diagnostic, linux etc. But sadly it died, so it's in for a warranty replacement. Also Another USB with kaspersky rescuecd as backup and some other USB's full of random crap.

TP-cable, ikea alenkeys, small philps skrevdriver, pens, keycap remover, micro and mini usb-cable, laptop+charger, external hdd and notebook.

• 3 weeks later...

think thats about it, i keep my thermal paste, spare cords and cleaning supplies in my truck

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Love the subtle "69" on the calculator screen @LinusTech hahaha

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

• 3 months later...

Potatoes & a box of Twinkies 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Do you have a link or model or where you have bought the screw driver? Never had something to be proud of using.

I am guessing everyone is on his channel as well...of course. How many people do we have here now. Where were

the status pages for the forum/community? 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Depending on what I'm doing ill just take what I think I might need.

Standard phillips head screwdriver, precision phillips head screw driver, thumb drive, need to get a new usb to sata/ide adaptor...most of the time this covers what I do..along with my laptop of course

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

• 3 months later...

It might be handy to carry a can of air in your tech bag. Many of the things you were carrying were to be used to diagnose cooling issues, and you never know when you might need to blast some dust out of a rig or scare off a pet. xD

Just make sure the can is protected. I can only imagine the damage a punctured can will do in a tech bag.

i7-4790K | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Corsair 350D | 256GB Crucial MX100 / 1TB WD Blue | Corsair RM 650 | NH-U12S
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9XN2dC | http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Deil_Grist

Generally just me and possibly a screwdriver... but I do have a whole storeroom at work filled with all the other whatsits that might be needed, I just cant carry those around wiht me so I take what is needed for the job, it changes.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

• 1 year later...

Mine

-A laptop (Samsung 535U3C)

-SATA3 to USB 3

-External 13' monitor (newly bought)

-32GB Flash Drive that had a AIO Windows 10/Windows 8.1 and Drivers

-Multibit screwdriver (almost like the ifixit kit)

-pliers

-Bunch of SD card (most of it is dead from my client)

-Universal laptop charger (with a bunch of DC jack)

-Food (why not)

-Thermal paste (5 of them)

-Anti-static bag

-gloves

-mouse (the cheapo one)

-memory cards to usb3.0

Thats all

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

I counted and Linus has 56 things in his bag (61 if you count the other things that didn't made it into his bag with it) Also, Linus, where did you get your orange multiheaded (I'm assuming magnetic) screwdriver?

https://store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-Screwdriver-Ratcheting-Magnetic-Standard-Orange-8-3-4--P634146.aspx

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

2011 17" MBP

Lightning Cable

30 Pin apple Cable

Blank CD's

1TB external HDD

Assorted memory sticks

Notepad + atleast 5 pens

Multitool

Numerous 3.5mm to 1/4 jack adapters

Reference Headphones (AKG K550)

Monitoring Headphones (Sennheiser HD202)

XLR male to female lead (10ft)

1/4 to 1/4 TRS lead (10ft)

Behringer xm8500

Reel of small gauge insulated wire

Electrical Tape

Masking Tape

Sharpie

Guitar Picks

Capo

Electric Tuner

Drum tuning key

AA, AAA, C batteries

It weighs an absolute tonne, but its all saved me more often than i'd care to remember. :lol:

Spoiler

i7-4790K | G1 Gaming R9 390 | 2x8gb HyperX Fury @ 1866mhz | Gigabyte Z97-D3H | Dark Rock 3 | EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | 480gb Sandisk Extreme SSD | 4tb Toshiba x300 HDD | Corsair 230t Orange

The list of tools my company either requires me to carry or are things I personally keep (to make life easier) in my tool kit are listed below.

I do not use all of these tools each day nor do I carry them on every job I complete. I keep a networking tool kit and a general tool kit. My laptop bag holds my general purpose tools. When I go on networking jobs, I carry both kits, otherwise just my laptop bag tool kit.

The most important thing I keep in my tool "kit" is my attitude. Going in with a negative attitude when doing a repair, IME, leads to longer repair times and frustration.

• Windows laptop/tablet and charger
  • laptop/tablet/phone charger and cables
  • Android phone with tethering
  • bluetooth earpiece (self explanatory)
  • Spare phone battery or USB battery pack
  • Screw driver with bits (I use one with a telescoping shaft)
    - Torx and security torx
    - Phillips heads
    - Flat heads
    - Hex bolt (use small hex screws in PCs and large hex bolts to wall mount servers and networking equipment)
    - Allen key adapters
    - Precision bits 
  • 1 needle nosed and 1 regular pliar
  • Magnetic screw cup (as to not loose screws)
  • Telescoping Magnetic grip tool (to hold screws in place or to remove screws stuck where pliars/tweezers can't get them).
  • Screw driver and bit magnetizer
  • Tweezers
  • Electric mini drill/driver
  • Cable toner
  • Cable tracer
  • RJ11/RJ45 punch tool
  • RJ11/RJ45 crimp tool with wire cutter and stripper
  • keyboard and mouse
  • multiple USB drives
  • SATA to USB adapter
  • usb to PS/2 adapter for mouse AND keyboard
  • 2x PS/2 to usb adapters (1 for mouse and 1 for keyboard; used when PCs' BIOS mandates PS/2 keyboard or the system only has PS/2) 
  • VGA/display port/DVI/HDMI cables (for testing purposes only)
  • USB Ethernet adapter
  • USB to Cisco serial adapter
  • Cat 5e cable
    -Straight cable
    - Crossover cable
  • Rollover to Ethernet and Rollover to serial Cisco adapters
  • Headlamp
  • Glasses/alcohol wipes
  • Pen and paper
  • mini knife (to open packages)
  • angled wire cutters (to remove zip ties or cut cable)

The drill/driver, USB adapters and cables, keyboard and mouse, video cables, and Ethernet/Cisco cables are kept in my trunk for situations when they are needed. If my company provided a monitor for me to use for troubleshooting, i'd keep it in my trunk as well. By no means is this a complete list of the things I keep either in my networking kit, my regular tool kit, or in a box in my trunk. I use most of the items listed at least 1 time per week (with the exception of the Cisco stuff and the USB to SATA adapter and the RJ punch tool and the RJ crimp tool)

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

I just saw this video on YouTube and the movie Marry Poppins kept coming up in my head. I also have a lot of gear I carry around. 

Love your videos Linus.  :wub: