What's in YOUR Tech Tool Bag?

I carry a lot of what you carry, however one thing I have is a box cutter knife, very useful when opening sealed packaging and for miscellaneous cutting. 

Was there a sneaky hand passing stuff through a hidden hole in the bag out of frame? Man there was a lot of stuff! 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I do computer stuffs at home, not on the move :D

A stupid idea that's in my head though is like a small form factor computer built in in a modified backpack compartiment (that's made stronger so the sides won't touch the pcb and stuff), so you have a computer you can put down at for example lan parties :P

But I don't think it's a good idea since it's way easier to carry a laptop with you and stuff :/ might be a solution to have a beast microATX computer, with watercooling of some sort :P

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

An usb stick with Knoppix and Hiren's and also Windows XP/7 installers.

Victorinox 3.0323.3CN and a set of torx screwdrivers.

A small bag of screws.

Ethernet cable and a null modem cable.

A newer laptop with prepaid 3g on it for downloading drivers, readin the manuals etc.

An older Toshiba laptop with an RS232 port in case that's needed.

External floppy and cd.

Plop Boot Manager floppy and cd.

Other than that i take what i think i might need. Spare PSU etc.

Not much but it works.

Used to carry one for work :P

What was your work?

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

What was your work?

I work in live audio but I no longer bother re-soldering connectors - just make sure I have enough spare cables however some day somethings going to break that can't be fixed with a spare cable.

I work in live audio but I no longer bother re-soldering connectors - just make sure I have enough spare cables however some day somethings going to break that can't be fixed with a spare cable.

Having no soldering iron when you have a broken audio cord with no back up sucks especially when you're on the road. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Carrying in my aptly named "USEFUL STUFF KIT"

• Multihead screwdriver (flathead, torx, phillips and posidrive bits)
  • Leatherman Wingman multi-tool
  • 4-port LAN/1-port WAN Router (DD-WRT flashed)
  • 2x USB to IDE/laptop IDE/SATA adaptors (and respective AC bricks)
  • USB A/C Brick
  • RJ-45/RJ-11 crimper (and a bag of plugs for each)
  • Anti-static strap
  • 2x Multiboot USB sticks (Latest UBCD, FreeDOS w/ SpinRite, Linux Mint Live)
  • Rubber mallet (when it doubt, beat the s**t out of it!)
  • Angled needle-nose plyers
  • Tube of thermal compound
  • USB Coffee mug heater
  • Various rolls of tape (at least 1 roll each of Gaff/Duct, Electricians, medical and normal packing tape)
  • Ultrabook (Macbook Air)
  • Various Windows related re-install medias

I'm probably missing a bunch of stuff but that's right off the top of my head.

I don't really have a toolbag. Instead I have a regular toolbox, a multimeter, soldering stuff, a huge drawer full of cables and power supplies as well as many boxes full of various bits and pieces like power switches, various types of sockes and connectors, resistors, caps, sub-d connectos, heat shrink, wire, ... tons of stuff ...

Fortunately, I don't ever have to lugg any of that stuff around, because I prefer to stay as far away from friend's computers as possible. The only other PCs that I'm willing to work on are my mom's my granny's notebooks.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I don't have a toolbag either,but i usually end up packing the same things whenever i need it.

Plop boot manager on cd (usb booting trough older computers that don't support it)

Hiren's boot cd on usb

Usb card reader (sd,mmc,xd,ms,cf etc)

Wireless mouse 

screwdrivers (2 philips , 2 flat ones (different sizes), torx)

Molex to 2 molex,molex to sata ,molex to 3 pin,2 x molex to 6 pin, vga cable,10 m ethernet cable (cat 6),usb a to b,usba to mini b,esata cable,diva to vga adapter,dvi to hdmi adapter

Sharkoon quickport duo

Articlean

Thermal compound (Zalman ZM-STG2)

Silverstone ap 121

14,6" laptop +charger

2 red bulls (never know how long it might take)

Parallel loopback plug (it's always in my bag, but i haven't used it in ages,used to be handy for resetting bios passwords on toshiba laptops)

i dont have a Tech tool bag, but i do have my Modding kit

• magnetic Screwdriver (with interchangeable tips)
  • Dremel (With all essential attachments)
  • Soldering iron kit
  • Heat gun (With different tips for different reasons)
  • Drill (With different drill bits)
  • Wire sleeving kit
  • Rivet gun
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • pliers 
  • Wire strippers
  • cutting knife
  • cutting mat
  • hole punch

Character artist in the Games industry.

Hello

i have a solo sterling back pack really nice i like it alot.

inside this is what i carry whith me all the time, everywhere i go (it's my baby :P )

- Macbook Pro mid 2012

- charger for the mac

- thermaltake usb fan (when gaming on steam)

- orochi 2013 wireless mouse

- steel series mousepad

- 1 8gb patrio xt usb 2.0 drive

- 1 16 gb kingston dtse9 2.0 drive

- 1 16 gb kingston 3.0 drive

- 2 1 tb seagate external drives 3.0

- iphone 5 (hotspot, txt, calls,email,etc..)

- iphone charger

- ipad 3 16 gb

- 2 usb 3.0 cables

- 1 micro usb cable

- 1 empty hdd exteral enclosure

- 1 magic mouse

- 4 apple rechargeable batteries with charger

- 1 4 way 3.0 usb hub

- 2 pens

- 2 mechanical pencils

- a pair of working gloves

- safety glasses

- hollister cologne

- 1 zoom h1 handy audio recorder

- aveeno hand lotion

Edited by damover

I normally carry around 3 Y USB cables and 1 normal, and use adapters on them. I was also wondering why you have no flashlight, i have a phillips screw driver with 3 led lights, and a lighter with a strong led for that purpose. I also carry around a small wireless keyboard and separate numpad with embedded calculator.

Other than that i always carry DDR2/3 RAM sticks (SO-DIMM as well as desktop), a 300W PSU, and a compact graphics card to be able to diagnose the usual suspects and a Raspberry Pi to cover android, a Linux live CD to cover Linux, Ophcrack CD to ... erm, take care of forgotten windows login password issues (have one or two every month) .., a memtest CD, a partitioning boot CD (minitool partition wizard). 

Also i probably haven't used a USB flash drive for about 4 years now, i use microSD cards to use with either the Kingston card reader shown in the video, or a USB adapter also from kingston. On a 8 GB microSD card i have a ton of portable software like a media player to diagnose codec issues, notepad++ etc. ... can't tell you how many times i found myself having to use offline installers because the internet was down, or not available at all, so i have every software twice, a portable and an offline installer version.

I also carry AAA batteries not only AA, and a bunch of thumbscrews so i don't have to use a screwdriver while i take parts in and out during diagnosing.

I only mentioned here what i have additionally, not covered by the video. I mostly carry all of those mentioned, except: 

• no SSD (too poor for that and quite honestly, the crap i need to fix is mostly about the same price range as a decent SSD :P)
  • a netbook instead of a full-size notebook (ass cheap, Intel Atom but i don't need a core i5 for diagnosing)
  • no tablet
  • no multimeter (that's what the spare PSU and spare cables are for, and to be honest i think CPUID Hardware monitor is "just fine" for spotting unhealthy peaks)
  • no mouse pad (no need for one with laser optics)
  • no wire strippers
  • no "apple cable"
  • no displayport cable (never seen anyone using it ever)
  • no car power to USB

I don't really do any hardware support or building for people and if I do it is at my place.

My List:

1. A tool box filled with assorted screw drivers, some pliers and a few misc. tools
  2. Spare fans and adapters
  3. Screws
  4. Canned air
  5. Windows 7 install USB
  6. zip-ties

What I Need to Add:

1. A small bag to put all my computer stuff in instead of my toolbox that holds a bunch of big screw drivers, hammers, multiple tape measures, and other things I don't need
  2. A boot-able Linux USB for troubleshooting
  3. A tool-kit like that I fix it kit Linus has
  4. Side cutters

In no order

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x

I don't actually go to the trouble, the trouble goes to me. As for the tools, I have:

OS (Windows Vista, 7 and 8) If they don't have an optical drive i put the OS in my 8GB memory stick.

A screwdriver kit

Separate Philips and Flathead screwdriver

A flash drive for installers (although I download them. Thank you Linus for introducing Ninite) Right now, my drive's missing so I use my 4GB microSD stick.

A USB extension cable

A Display port to DVI

A PS/2 mouse

Molex to sata cable

Zip ties

a brush (for cleaning since I have no aerosol sprays)

I don't have tech related job so I don't carry anything tech related :(

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I'm surprised Slick's numpad wasn't mechanical. By the way, some spare screws would be a good addition to your setup.

Aren't mechanical tenkeys kinda rare?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I don't have tech related job so I don't carry anything tech related :(

me too :/

Duck tape and WD-40. Everything can be fixed with these 2.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I carry a Screwdriver and a SATA cable in my tool bag. Need to upgrade to more stuff....

We don't make mistakes, we make happy accidents. ~ Bob Ross

With a hammer everything fits! ~ Quintin B

Add me on IM+ DeV_FGBA

i've got very much the same, except it's all crammed in a really old box in my desk cupboard. i make my friends, family and others come to mine when they want something fixed.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Duck tape and WD-40. Everything can be fixed with these 2.

In Duck Tape we trust................

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Aren't mechanical tenkeys kinda rare?

not really, at least, not anymore...I know for sure that my storm trigger has zero membrane keys... every single key has a cherry mx brown switch...

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC