Windows 11 - Insider Program - Master Thread

GoodBytes

New Build! 22471 to the dev channel.

This one is only bug fixes:

Taskbar

• We fixed an underlying issue that was causing the Taskbar’s hidden icons flyout to have sharp corners instead of rounded corners sometimes.
  • Using the down arrow when interacting with the Desktops flyout’s context menu should now move focus down the menu instead of dismissing it.

File Explorer

• Fixed an issue that was making explorer.exe crash sometimes when closing File Explorer windows.

Input

• Addressed an issue where voice typing might fail with an error message citing a network connection issue when that was not actually the cause of the failure.
  • If you’re using the touch keyboard in “Kana” key mode for the Japanese IME, the key labels will now correctly show the character that will be input when you’re holding Shift.
  • Mitigated a race condition that was causing textinputhost.exe to crash on launch sometimes.

Windowing

• Typing wt from the Run dialog will now open Windows Terminal in the foreground instead of the background.
  • Addressed an issue that could lead to apps getting stuck in a minimized state after disconnecting an external monitor and resuming the system from sleep.

Other

• Addressed a network issue for Insiders running certain traffic optimization software. This should lead to improved performance on websites utilizing HTTP/3.
  • Fixed and issue where some devices were failing to update to a newer build with error code 0xc1900101. If you are still experiencing this error code, please file a new piece of feedback in Feedback Hub.
  • Updated the “reboot needed” dialog for Windows Update to now say Windows 11. Please note that you will only see the results of this change when prompted to reboot for the next flight, as you need to be on a build with the change.
  • Fixed a DWM crash that could happen when enabling a contrast theme.
  • Corrected an issue for ARM64 PCs that could result in certain apps not responding to display language changes if they were installed prior to upgrading to Windows 11.
  • Addressed an issue where when explorer.exe is launched from an elevated process was using a lower memory priority, impacting the performance of all processes launched after it (Issue #55).

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/04/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22471/

Windows 11 has been released!

If you want to leave the Insider Program, this week is the time.

Please note that the Dev channel is already a bit ahead of the official release. Official release will eventually get the improvements and bug fixes that follows as cumulative updates. Windows 11 General Availability will be released later, most probably early next year.

When leaving the Insider program you'll get no indication there is an update, in fact WU will tell you you're fully updated. If you click on the Windows Insider page it will say something like "Welcome to the insider program, reboot now to get access to insider builds" with a "reboot now" button. Clicking it will reboot and take you out of the insider program (despite what it says), I assume this will probably be done automatically on your next reboot as well.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I signed up to this because I wanted the early access to it and now it seems I cannot switch to the official version.

Is there a way for me to do this?

I am unable to switch channels, so it's giving me the only option of install fresh copy of windows 10.

Even though I am glad that I was able to experience it, I just want the official version now :)

windows11.jpg

windows11.thumb.jpg.3548781ab4fb5e47d0e29b34dd4668e8.jpg.4fe90edefc8d3d8f12ba181bb104965b.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

As the text is stating, my whole data would be lost and that is not my goal.

The reason I am writing is to possibly find another way to keep my data and get on the official version.

7 hours ago, LaMpiR said:

As the text is stating, my whole data would be lost and that is not my goal.

The reason I am writing is to possibly find another way to keep my data and get on the official version.

There isn't a way. The issue is that the Dev channel is on a build that is further along then the Beta and the version that was released yesterday. The Dev build in on 22471.1000 and the Beta/Release Preview is on 22000.194. 

That's why the only way to leave is to do a clean install, there's no way to go back to an older build of the OS.

Your computer is still enrolled on the Dev Channel, so even if you do a fresh install of the Windows 10 or 11, it'll just download the Dev build again, which is why you need to unenroll to prevent that from happening.

The time to address this was a few weeks ago, when the Dev channel and Beta channel were on the same build. Microsoft was allowing people to switch to the Beta channel without having to format your computer.

PSA: Windows 11 on my Laptop has downloaded a BIOS update from WU which appears to be wrong for my laptop. Luckily my Laptop has bad flash recovery built in and just recovers itself but AFAICT there is no way for me the tell Windows to ignore this update now its downloaded so the last 3 times I have rebooted I've had to wait for the flash to finish, reboot, fail, reboot, recover, reboot, boot into Windows. If your device doesn't have bad flash recovery then you'll end up with a brick.

Edit - I even went and grabbed then installed the latest BIOS myself, didn't change anything.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just wanted to share something interesting:

NanaZip, a fork of 7zip, implemented the new right-click menu APIs.

This is a screenshot they provide:

ContextMenu.png

From what I can see, NanaZip aims to bring 7zip UI into this century. That said, beside the menu, nothing else has been done yet.

But this is show that, yea, it is possible to add new menu items in the new right-click menu. Apps devs just need to update their implementation.

App is in the Windows Store

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

ContextMenu.png

From what I can see, NanaZip aims to bring 7zip UI into this century. That said, beside the menu, nothing else has been done yet.

But this is show that, yea, it is possible to add new menu items in the new right-click menu. Apps devs just need to update their implementation.

The latest beta for WinRAR also added it as well.

Just a quick question,  is it ok to disable secure boot *and* tpm once windows 11 is installed?

I mean... it will still work, right?

(Note: I already disabled WU so that is not a concern)

Edit: im also asking cause I plan switching a lot between 10 and 11 (on separate drives) and i don't think ill remember every time to turn this on and off... 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, Master Disaster said:

Windows 11 on my Laptop has downloaded a BIOS update from WU which appears to be wrong for my laptop.

Uh, oh... now I'm even more glad I turned off updates... however, is this laptop win 11 ready? Cause mine isn't and I doubt there would even be a bios update for it (afaik I'm already running on latest from lenovo)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

-image-

Last time we heard from the 7zip developer, he said:

I don't use windows 11 still.
So I'll think about that problem later.

The NanaZip developer replied with his implementation and said "I hope that can help 7-Zip to add new context menu support for Windows 11".

So I think it's only a matter of time before it gets implemented. Until that happens, use NanaZip, deal with the clunky menu, or don't install Windows 11.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:39 PM, GoodBytes said:

I wonder if it is a driver application that is acting up. Like your audio or keyboard or mouse or printer.

I think I might have finally figured this old issue out. It seems to happen when the polling rate for my mouse is set to 1000Hz, when I drop it down to 500 or lower then it seems to not show up so something in Windows doesn't play well with high polling rate mice perhaps? It's only been 30 minutes so we'll see but, I'm hopeful though.

Edit:

I was incorrect but it helped me find the issue. I uninstalled all mice/drivers from under Device Manager and the re-installed the drivers and that seems to have addressed it. Running at 1000Hz polling right now and haven't seen the issue since reinstalling the drivers from a few days ago.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

New build is out! Build 22478 for the dev channel

What's new:

• Emoji icons gets updated with Windows 11 style!
    Emoji-Panel-New-Emoji-Hero.png

• New Wallpaper for Insiders included in the build celebrating 7 years of the Insiders program

• If you have a laptop and the lid is closed, but is connected to an external monitor and a Windows Hello compatible Facial Recognition camera, Windows 11 finally will support it. You are no longer stuck with the "main" camera.

Other improvement and fixes:

• We’ve made a change to the underlying indexer platform to help improve overall reliability and database size, which should help reduce disk space usage on the system – particularly in cases where users had very large Outlook mailboxes.
  • Scrolling your mouse wheel on the volume icon in the Taskbar will now change the current volume level.
  • Made some small adjustments to the dialog when adding a new language in Settings to make it look a little more modern, including rounding the corners.
  • The updated version of the Korean IME, which began rolling out with Build 22454, is now available to everyone in the Dev Channel.

Start

• Keyboard focus will no longer get lost if you press ESC after opening the user profile flyout in Start.
  • Updated the prompt text when pinning something from a UWP app to Start, so it now says simply “Do you want to pin this to Start?”.

Taskbar

• Addressed an issue that was causing Notification Center to get stuck in a state in recent builds where it would stop launching.
  • The plus icon for adding a new Desktop will now display properly when hovering over the Task View icon in the Taskbar when using Arabic and Hebrew languages.
  • After bringing up an app’s jump list from the Taskbar, right clicking on the app name should now show the correct icon for Pin to Start (a pin icon).
  • Left and right clicking Taskbar at the same time should no longer crash explorer.exe.

File Explorer

• Fixed an issue where the command bar was doing unnecessary calculations when navigating to folders, causing an unexpected decrease in performance. This is also believed to be the root cause of performance issues when using drag to select files, as well as using the arrow keys to navigate in certain folders.
  • The “Show hidden items” option should no longer get out of sync when multiple File Explorer windows are open.

Widgets

• The following two issues have been addressed with Microsoft Edge version 95, currently live for Microsoft Edge Insiders, and as such we’re removing them from the known issues list:
    • The widgets board may appear empty.
    • Widgets may be displayed in the wrong size on external monitors.

Search

• The recent searches flyout when hovering over the search icon in the Taskbar should no longer immediately dismiss on invocation if an admin window is in focus.

Input

• Setting focus to the search box in File Explorer shouldn’t make the touch keyboard invoke and immediately dismiss now when using a tablet with the Taskbar set to auto-hide.
  • Fixed an issue causing the handwriting panel to not insert text when using it to write Chinese.
  • Mitigated a memory leak that could occur in ctfmon, causing unexpected resource usage over time.
  • Addressed an issue for a small number of users that was causing TextInputHost.exe crashes when setting focus on any text field.

Settings

• Fixed an issue that was causing Settings to crash when radio buttons were updated, for example if you connected an additional audio endpoint while the Sound page in Settings was open.
  • Improved performance of loading the themes displayed in Personalization Settings.
  • If a non-admin user changes their display language in Language Settings, we’ll no longer show the clickable sign-out button there as it was popping a UAC dialog and causing confusion.
  • The Windows Update entry at the top of the System page in Settings should no longer be misaligned with the other options (when shown) in languages like German.
  • The Braille options in Settings for Narrator users should now be in sync with the actual state of the Braille input/output mode.
  • Made a change to help address an issue where “Media streaming options” in the Network and Sharing Center would unexpectedly revert to default settings after an upgrade.
  • Improved Quick Settings launch reliability. This change should also help address the issue causing the window to not fully render (just a thin rectangle).
  • Addressed an issue where if you clicked on the media controls area in Quick Settings, it wasn’t bringing the app displayed to the foreground in certain cases.
  • Fixed an issue where the colors for items in Quick Settings could get stuck and not reflect the proper color for that state, particularly when using a contrast theme.
  • Updated the Quick Settings page for managing audio endpoints from “Volume” to “Sound output”.
  • Opening the page for managing audio endpoints in Quick Settings should no longer cause a brief cut in audio playback when multiple devices are listed.

Windowing

• Mitigated an issue related to using ALT + Tab very quickly that could make explorer.exe crash.
  • Holding down ALT and pressing F4 after pressing ALT + Tab will no longer crash explorer.exe.
  • When using the Arabic or Hebrew display languages, dragging an app window to a different Desktop should show the thumbnail moving in the correct direction now.

Other

• Fixed a casing issue that was causing LP.cab files to be unexpectedly removed in certain cases, which could lead you your display language changing until you added the desired display language back in Settings.
  • Addressed an issue that was causing some users to see a bugcheck with error “KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR”.
  • Mitigated an issue that was causing the SysMain service to use an unexpected amount of power in recent builds.
  • If the display order is missing in BCD settings that should no longer cause an upgrade failure.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing captions to draw at the wrong offset in certain apps.
  • Mitigated an issue that was causing crashes related to audiosrv.dll.
  • If going through OOBE with an Arabic or Hebrew display language, the volume and accessibility buttons should display on the correct side of the screen now.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/14/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22478/

Build 22000.282 was just released for the Beta and Release Preview channels. There a massive list of fixes, but the big one is the L3 cache fix for AMD CPUs

his update includes the following improvements:

• We fixed an L3 caching issue that might affect performance in some applications on devices that have AMD Ryzen processors after upgrading to Windows 11 (original release).
  • We fixed an issue for a small number of users that prevents the Start menu from working and prevents you from seeing the updated taskbar design after upgrading to Windows 11 (original release).
  • We fixed a race condition that occurs during the early part of startup that might cause a stop error.
  • We fixed a regression that might cause stop error 0x38 on some machine configurations that use non-ASCII text in the registry.
  • We fixed an issue with the interrupt handling of certain processors that might cause devices to stop responding.
  • We fixed an issue that causes PowerShell to create an infinite number of child directories. This issue occurs when you use the PowerShell Move-Item command to move a directory to one of its children. As a result, the volume fills up and the system stops responding.
  • We fixed an issue that causes the Server Manager application to disappear after you use it to remove Hyper-V features. This issue occurs when you install Server Manager on Windows 11 (original release) clients using Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).
  • We fixed a threading issue that might cause the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service to stop working when it is under a high load.
  • We fixed an issue that causes the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider host process to stop working. This occurs because of an unhandled access violation that occurs when using the Desired State Configuration (DSC).
  • We fixed an issue that causes a device to stop responding when you forcibly shut down the device while a Group Policy is being updated.
  • We fixed an issue that causes file migration between Distributed File System (DFS) paths that are stored on different volumes to fail. This issue occurs when you implement the migration using PowerShell scripts that use the Move-Item command.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents you from writing to a WMI repository after a low memory condition occurs.
  • We fixed an issue with a hardcoded font in the PowerShell shortcut file that distorts Japanese, Chinese, and Korean language fonts. This update fixed this issue for all newly created users on the machine. Existing users can use the C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.lnk file to open PowerShell to address the issue. Alternatively, existing users can create a shortcut to this file on the desktop and use the shortcut to open PowerShell.
  • We fixed an issue with parsing time formats in events when milliseconds are excluded.
  • We fixed an issue that incorrectly renders some Enhanced Metafile Format (EMF) files. This issue occurs if you build the EMF files using third-party applications with ExtCreatePen() and ExtCreateFontIndirect().
  • We provided administrators the option to reset the zoom to the default for HTML dialogs in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
  • We fixed an issue with Enterprise Mode Site List redirection from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge. In certain circumstances, the redirection opens a site in multiple tabs in Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working when you input certain characters in the Input Method Editor (IME).
  • We fixed an issue with PropertyGet in JScript9.dll.
  • We fixed a memory leak that occurs when you use nested classes within VBScript.
  • We fixed an issue that fails to keep the NumLock state after a Fast Startup restart.
  • We fixed an issue with moving certain app windows. Moving these app windows might be unusually slow if a File Explorer window is visible on the screen.
  • We fixed an issue that intermittently prevents the Mail app from accepting keyboard input in the address and subject boxes.
  • We fixed an issue with the UI for renaming files using folder view in File Explorer. The UI fails to properly handle inline composition using the new Japanese IME.
  • We fixed an issue in which the use of App-V intermittently causes black screens to appear when signing in on the credentials page.
  • We fixed an issue with an internet print server that fails to properly package modified printer properties before sending the package to the client.
  • We implemented a Group Policy setting for the following registry value (For more information, see KB5005010):

Registry location: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint

Value name: RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators

Value data: 1

• We fixed an issue that might cause Xbox Game Bar recording features to be unavailable.
  • We fixed an issue that might cause distortion in the audio captured by voice assistants.
  • We fixed an issue that causes a memory leak in lsass.exe when the pTokenPrivileges buffer is not released.
  • We fixed an issue that might cause Kerberos.dll to stop working within the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). This occurs when LSASS processes simultaneous Service for User (S4U) user-to-user (U2U) requests for the same client user.
  • We fixed an issue with a non-paged pool (NPP) leak from the UxSF pool tag. This leak occurs when lsass.exe stops processing asynchronous Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) calls.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents you from enabling BitLocker on a thinly provisioned virtual machine (VM). The error is “A device attached to the system is not functioning” and the system logs, “STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL”.
  • We improved the performance of MsSense.exe in environments with User Datagram Protocol (UDP) applications that require high amounts of bandwidth.
  • We fixed an issue in Windows Defender Exploit Protection that prevents some Microsoft Office applications from working on machines that have certain processors.
  • We enabled credentials for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) users in Quick Assist.
  • We fixed an issue that sometimes prevents Quick Assist users from using full screen view after they start a remote assistance session.
  • We fixed an issue in which Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration does not set the camerastoredirect:s:value custom property.
  • We fixed an IME mode instability in the RemoteApp scenario. You must install this update on the Remote Desktop server and Remote Desktop client.
  • We fixed an issue that causes the IME toolbar to appear even when the RemoteApp is closed.
  • We fixed a paged pool memory leak of the registry keys for the Virtual Desktop ID that occurs in explorer.exe.
  • We made small adjustments to the contrast theme colors, such as making hyperlinks more distinct when you hover over them while you are using the desert theme.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents Narrator and other screen readers from announcing when the Start menu is open in certain cases.
  • We fixed an issue that occurs if the search index is damaged in certain ways; attempts to search using the taskbar or File Explorer fail.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents the search window from appearing on a secondary monitor.
  • We fixed an issue that might cause the File Explorer window to lose focus when you map a network drive.
  • We fixed an issue that sometimes causes the lock screen to appear black if you set up slideshow.
  • We fixed a reliability issue with LogonUI.exe, which affects the rendering of the network status text on the credentials screen.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents you from opening multiple instances of an app using Shift and clicking on the app’s icon in the taskbar.
  • We updated the visual design and animations of the Chat icon on the taskbar.
  • We removed the warning about losing other people’s unsaved work when shutting down or restarting if no other users are signed in.
  • We fixed an issue that might occur when you configure the policy, “Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart”. If a user has been signed in for longer than the time specified in the policy, the device might unexpectedly delete profiles at startup.
  • We fixed an issue that fails to establish a connection to the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service or immediately drops an RDP connection under certain circumstances.
  • We fixed an issue that might cause input delays for certain Bluetooth mice and keyboards.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents the Start menu from opening after a video driver upgrade.
  • We improved the precision of the estimates for downtime when the estimates are at least two minutes or more.
  • We fixed a Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) domain controller memory leak that is reported in Privileged Access Management (PAM) deployments.
  • We fixed an issue that occurs when the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) bind cache is full, and the LDAP client library receives a referral.
  • We fixed an issue in Adamsync.exe that affects the syncing of large Active Directory subtrees.
  • We fixed an issue that causes a deadlock when Offline Files are enabled. As a result, CscEnpDereferenceEntryInternal holds parent and child locks.
  • We added the ability to configure period or dot (.) delimited IP We fixed interchangeably with fully qualified host names in the following Group Policy settings:

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/15/releasing-windows-11-build-22000-282-to-beta-and-release-preview-channels/

The most recent Dev build 22478.1012 rs_prerelease will send your audio compatibility back to the '00s.

It will kill Dolby Atmos and Dolby Access functionality. It's destroyed Audio Enhancements and Spatial Sound.

Oh and in this same build they've somehow broken Task Manager!

Screenshot 2021-10-17 005628.png

4 minutes ago, KarlN said:

The most recent Dev build 22478.1012 rs_prerelease will send your audio compatibility back to the '00s.

It will kill Dolby Atmos and Dolby Access functionality. It's destroyed Audio Enhancements and Spatial Sound.

Oh and in this same build they've somehow broken Task Manager!

I can confirm the Task Manager not showing any processes under "Process" and "Users" tab. It does show under "Details" tab just fine, and "Performance" tab does work fine.

It also doesn't show any process under the "Fewer details" view of the Task manager

hey guys idk if this is the right place but I'm currently running an windows 11 insider build with some major issues 

so the first problem I'm having is:

1. my laptop doesn't boot only the keyboard back light lit up and a black screen after a couple seconds it turns off ,and it keeps doing that in a loop . i didn't even get a splash screen or anything, and sometimes it even randomly goes to a black screen while working and i cant do anything not even restart graphics. i only get it back on using a usb drive after that i must change my boot option because there are three and the default is windows rollback the other two are windows 11 but only one version boots. furthermore i cant do anything the problem solvers also don't work nothing no startup repair it keeps spitting out error.

2. also my windows 11 doesn't update anymore i also tried updating using a cab file but that doesn't work nor update true a iso file because it says that it cant determine the available space on the SSD.

plz is there someone that could help me? thx linus army

win error.png

Updated to Windows 11 22000.282 Insider Fix today, and somehow made it worst, never experienced lagging or freezing yesterday or even before for that matter since I installed windows 11, but earlier today after update, I'm lagging on all my games, CPU is pegging always at 100% util. Ryzen 5 5600G/16gb 3200/1660. 

Temporary fix was to do a system restore. 

Anyone experiencing the same?

4 hours ago, Al Rx said:

Updated to Windows 11 22000.282 Insider Fix today, and somehow made it worst, never experienced lagging or freezing yesterday or even before for that matter since I installed windows 11, but earlier today after update, I'm lagging on all my games, CPU is pegging always at 100% util. Ryzen 5 5600G/16gb 3200/1660. 

I read you also need new AMD drivers, with the issue fixed

[update]

Make sure you have the latest UEFI update, that the AMD chipset drivers are installed. And if no A/B testing is used, this update should fix the L3 cache issue. Core selection requires AMD to release drivers with the issue fixed.

4 hours ago, Al Rx said:

Looking online it looks like the L3 cache issue is properly fixed for some, others still have it. Not sure why. Seems the issue effects 3600X, not sure if the 5600X is also affected.

19 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Looking online it looks like the L3 cache issue is properly fixed for some, others still have it. Not sure why. Seems the issue effects 3600X, not sure if the 5600X is also affected.

Hey thanks, so i got it back to normal after updating. Followed the recommendations given and some extra steps. I updated to Windows 11 22000.282 again, updated AMD chipset drivers, updated NVIDIA drivers for my GPU, then i flashed my mobo (Gigabyte B550 DS3H AC) with the latest bios with windows 11 support ;  tested it and it plays much better than before. Will continue to monitor though.

Windows 11 Insiders - Beta gets Android App Support!

After a delay in release, Windows Insiders who has the following requirements, can start enjoying in a moment Android App support.

• CPU Virtualization features enabled in the UEFI
  • 8GB of RAM is required. 16GB is recommended for best experience
  • SSD
  • Windows 11 supported CPU
  • Amazon US account must be used to get apps from the Amazon Store (will expand over time)
  • System Region must be set in the US (will expand over time. Probably linked to the above limitation).
  • From my understanding from Amazon article, only select apps are available now.

Microsoft highlights some known issues:

Microsoft Store

• The Microsoft Store does not display review ratings for Amazon Appstore apps.

Amazon Appstore

• If you are experiencing Amazon App Store sign in problems turn your Ad Blocker off.
  • Accessibility options are not yet enabled when using the Amazon Appstore.

Windows Subsystem for Android

• Network access issues on Cellular LTE on ARM64.
  • May see display visual artifacts on certain applications on ARM64.
  • Performance may vary when running multiple concurrent Apps.
  • There are known camera issues on certain apps.
  • Apps coming out of modern standby will encounter issues.

FCJv4HVXoAAKf4B.thumb.jpg.76ef3cc8122e232c03ea0923ec142d19.jpg

(Picture from Zac Bowden on Twitter)

FCJUykwXMAMmFCE.thumb.png.e8366fdb7c43b3c7fc08a69f287bd1a5.png

Microsoft explains:

To enable these types of experiences, we are introducing a new component on top of Windows 11 called Windows Subsystem for Android™, which powers the Amazon Appstore and its catalog.

The Subsystem includes the Linux kernel and the Android OS based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) version 11. It is distributed through the Microsoft Store as part of the Amazon Appstore install, which will allow users to stay updated over time as we continue to add support for more APIs, capabilities, and scenarios.

The Subsystem runs in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, like the Windows Subsystem for Linux. It understands how to map the runtime and APIs of apps in the AOSP environment to the Windows graphic layer, the memory buffers, the input modes, the physical and virtual devices, and the sensors.

For those who worked with WSL may have noted, under Windows 10, and 11 now, if you want WSL you need to go to the "Windows Feature" panel, and start enabling it there, and requires admin access to do so. That is not required for Windows Subsystem for Android, and will no longer be required for WSL either. Microsoft also announced that WSL can now be installed via the Store (preview stage right now): https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P9TQF7MRM4R

The benefit of this approach, is that the Store will keep WSL technology up-to-date, and we won't have to wait a year for a new release of Windows 11 to enjoy bug fixes and improvements. Same for Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA)

CORRECTION:

'Virtual Machine Platform' still needs to be enabled via Optional Features panel (or command line)

Read more:
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/20/announcing-android-apps-on-windows-11-preview-for-windows-insiders-in-the-beta-channel/
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/10/20/introducing-android-apps-on-windows-11-to-windows-insiders/

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/appstore/post/fe7771ac-f2df-42be-ac51-eb7fe0df1b5b/amazon-and-microsoft-announce-next-steps-for-bringing-the-amazon-appstore-to-windows-customers

I do not comply with many points, so I can't dive in deeper then the above. Can't comment on available options, experience, etc.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Video of WSA in action:

It's sad that they abandoned WP without having pushed this kind of stuff first. They even dropped it from insider builds at the time, which was a shame. 😞