is this PSU good?

Dennys

It's a 300w psu from Delta, which makes decent power supplies. 

As the text says, it can do up to 300 watts on 12v output, and up to 130 watts on 3.3v and 5v, but in total you can't exceed 340 watts.

Let's see, maybe around 50-60w for the cpu, around 5w for the memory (powered from 3.3v or 5v usually), motherboard around 10w (chipset, onboard audio, network card etc), the hard drive under 10 watts (half from  5v, half from 12v) , and that video card consumes maybe 25-35 watts, pretty much all from 12v.

So your system shouldn't even consume 100 watts.

You should seriously consider adding another 4 GB of memory if the motherboard supports 8 GB, and then you'd really make your life better with a SSD, even a cheap 120 GB one would improve the performance of the PC.

I've used Delta Electronics power supplies before; they tend to be of reasonable quality - they still blow up now and then, but they seem to be about as good as any of the readily available switching supplies (but not as good as the Acopian linear supplies).  I would expect their PC power supplies to be reasonably decent as well.

11 hours ago, mariushm said:

You should seriously consider adding another 4 GB of memory if the motherboard supports 8 GB, and then you'd really make your life better with a SSD, even a cheap 120 GB one would improve the performance of the PC.

If it's a daily-use machine - yes. If it's a control PC running some really barebones software, I wouldn't bother.