Discord (currently) has the WORST Support of all time

EpicLPer

Heya,

Roughly 9 days ago my Discord account was disabled out of nowhere. Meanwhile I have a big suspicion why, but more on that later. Spoiler: It wasn't even my fault.

In those 9 days I've opened countless tickets via mail, messaged them dozen of times on Twitter both via DM and Mentions, many other people joined in and also tried to get in touch with someone from Discord including Jerry (Barnacules) but without any success. Furthermore I tried reaching them on FaceBook and Instragram which I already knew wouldn't work but still gave it a try.

In those 9 days I've also investigated a bit more, turns out people can mass-ban servers by posting ToS breaking content and mass-reporting the server getting everyone in said server banned in less than an hour and this already happened to countless people on Reddit, Twitter and others telling me so via DMs. This is especially bad for abandoned or not well moderated servers, example when you're in them just for Emojis (like I was). Discord simply goes ahead and disables ALL accounts, without investigating any single cases, and calls it a day. Trying to reach someone to counter that ban simply results in a generic E-Mail by Clyde (their ticket bot) with "We won't reinstate your account".

EDIT: Adding details here, Discord also followed me on Twitter. Yesterday, after 4+ years of following me (being one of the 1.100 people or so) they unfollowed. So some human at their team actually did read my stuff, and decided to ignore it and get petty...

I'm am/was Admin/Moderator of a Partnered Discord Server (Barnacules), hosted multiple communities myself with combined roughly ~5.000 people, was an almost Day 1 member with an account made back in August 2015 and Nitro Supporter ever since it came out in January 2017. They still don't care whatsoever.

I even made 2 videos regarding this, however won't link to them here to not "advertise" anything.

At this point I'm simply just a bit pissed, defeated and don't have much energy left to fight anymore... they simply don't seem to care. Not only does that mean I've lost ALL of the contacts I built up over almost 7 years, it also means that all the chat protocols and servers I joined are now gone most likely forever. I've had multiple people with mental health problems I was talking and taking care of on there which are now left in the dark as to where I went, since that account simply just shows me as "Offline".

Rant over. Thanks for reading.

Just some random guy on the internet who happens to have an interest in computers and many other things.

|| Website: See profile || Twitter: @EpicLPer || YouTube: EpicLPer || Discord: EpicLPer#0001 || Steam: EpicLPer || Twitch: EpicLPer || ... and many more!

Just now, EpicLPer said:

opened countless tickets via mail

That doesn't seem like they'd want to reply to countless tickets. If everyone is doing that, they're probably just backed up with useless tickets.

2 minutes ago, EpicLPer said:

Discord simply goes ahead and disables ALL accounts, without investigating any single cases, and calls it a day.

So just like anything else. Be careful who you associate yourself with. 

2 minutes ago, EpicLPer said:

happened to countless people on Reddit, Twitter and others telling me so via DMs

I haven't been banned yet. When that started popping up, my server list on the left side shrank a lot. 

Not to sound too callous, while your situation sucks, spamming ticket systems and social media won't get you help any quicker. In fact, if I was on the other side of those tickets, I'd quickly "forget" to respond for a while. Gotta learn patience sometime and it's never too late to start. 

You do also realize that having Nitro doesn't make you special or bump you to the top of the help ticket line too, right? If this is a mass problem, they're backlogged currently. Even if Nitro bumped you up the list, you realize how many other people would be above you on that list just for also having Nitro too, right?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

That doesn't seem like they'd want to reply to countless tickets. If everyone is doing that, they're probably just backed up with useless tickets.

Obviously I haven't "spammed" them, but if one of those gets closed it doesn't matter if you reply to it, they simply closed that ticket and it's gone for them. I went ahead when one was closed and opened another one, trying to get in touch with an actual human being there, and ended up with about 6-8 tickets already. It doesn't matter to them, they simply close it again.

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

So just like anything else. Be careful who you associate yourself with. 

That's not really the point. If you join a server, say, from one of your buddies and that server gets raided by trolls cause he posted it publicly and the wrong people see it it's as good as over for your account already. This can happen to any server really, if the mods aren't acting fast enough on it. In some cases it doesn't even matter, since as soon as someone posted such content others already report it, and in most cases that is enough for Discord to automatically ban that server.

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You do also realize that having Nitro doesn't make you special or bump you to the top of the help ticket line too, right? If this is a mass problem, they're backlogged currently. Even if Nitro bumped you up the list, you realize how many other people would be above you on that list just for also having Nitro too, right?

I'm not mentioning/saying this out of "being treated specially", not at all. It adds a sour taste tho leaving a big sum for a service that will treat you like this and not even care in the end.

And yes, I'm aware they may be backlogged, but simply closing tickets half a day later with an automated response is not "backlogged", it's simply not caring.

Just some random guy on the internet who happens to have an interest in computers and many other things.

|| Website: See profile || Twitter: @EpicLPer || YouTube: EpicLPer || Discord: EpicLPer#0001 || Steam: EpicLPer || Twitch: EpicLPer || ... and many more!

Just create a new account? Couldn't take more than a minute.

MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | CPU cooler: Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL18 LPX | GPU: Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC + Palit RTX 2080 Ti GamingPro OC | SSD: 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe + Kingston A400 480 GB + Samsung QVO860 1 TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000 W Gold | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 | Displays: BenQ PD3200U @ 3840x2160 + ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ @ 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S

1 minute ago, bigmug said:

Just create a new account? Couldn't take more than a minute.

It doesn't, however first of all it means "ban evasion" and second it still doesn't give me the connections of the past 7 years back, neither the chatlogs and servers I was in.

They're also not acting on GDPR requests so far, but I still want to give them more time to handle that.

Knowing some of their history and who,  seemingly a large portion of their admins are, doesn't surprise me at all. 

Just set your pfp to a furry and they will probably help you real quick

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

58 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Knowing some of their history and who,  seemingly a large portion of their admins are, doesn't surprise me at all. 

Can confirm, discord user since the beta, have never been banned, discord staff come to my house to personally celebrate my anniversary of joining every year, I own a discord server dedicated to small scale domestic terrorism enthusiasts and it got boosted by the discord staff themselves, furries run the internet 

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

As much as this is meant as a joke I'd love to try this lol, but obviously can't change it now. And yep, I'm aware of their support team and "other things" that went on...

20 hours ago, EpicLPer said:

Not only does that mean I've lost ALL of the contacts I built up over almost 7 years, it also means that all the chat protocols and servers I joined are now gone most likely forever.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket,

Don't be so dependent on a single service.

One should always have a redundancy in case of a failure.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket,

Don't be so dependent on a single service.

One should always have a redundancy in case of a failure.

That's always easier said than done, and the most important ones I do have more ways to stay in contact with. But it's for those that I haven't.

Just now, EpicLPer said:

That's always easier said than done, and the most important ones I do have more ways to stay in contact with. But it's for those that I haven't.

Did i say that it should be easy?

If it's important to you it's recommended to take the time and effort to ensure redundancy.

I don't blame you for anything,but life is not fair and we should be prepared.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Did i say that it should be easy?

If it's important to you it's recommended to take the time and effort to ensure redundancy.

I don't blame you for anything,but life is not fair and we should be prepared.

Yeah, nah the closest friend circle is already in contact again and all so I at least have that again. It just sucks for others that aren't as close or don't have me on other platforms and don't know to check my Twitter as example.

A few already are back in contact, still sucks and all.

Try to get in contact with your friends that aren't as close, using your close friends' discord accounts maybe? I don't know, doesn't seem like you have much options here.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a very late bump. My Discord account got hacked less than 2 weeks ago.

I emailed their support. I happened to sign in on a new phone right around the time that someone else tried to log in and clicked the wrong "confirm IP" email. I waited a while to do that since I was driving home. I logged in, then drove home while I waited for the new email. That was my fault.

I didn't go on Twitter blasting their CS, I didn't go to Reddit. I told them I fucked up. I didn't get argumentative with their CS. Gave them the relevant information and then some (past phone numbers attached to the account, last 4 of the only 2 cards to ever be attached to it etc.) 

You get more honey with sugar than vinegar.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?