It gets easier to hate on Oculus with the latest story.

DeViLzzz

Im missing the point on hating someone for trying to improve his techonology to that point. If that truely is his end goal in 20 years or whatever, is that better for us even if we dont use it that way?

Stupid statement, but im not getting the connection where im supposed to hate the guy. I think the definition of "hate" is being skewed a bit too far.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

It can be argued that reality can be verified and measured by other people or even machines, so in practice this means your perception can be altered but reality remains the same.

Im about 5 drinks deep into this so if I completely missed the mustard then correct me. What I think you are saying is that people would, in the end, be experiencing someone's version of reality and not it in its truest sense? If this is what you are saying, I totally agree. I brought this up during of of those after-parties with slick. The discussion was about bringing far off destinations like Rome to people that could not otherwise go via VR (Slick said he was originally inspired with the idea of virtual tourism after his grandfather would watch him play Assassins Creed). It brings up an interesting paradox about accepting another coder's reality for your own. Can/should it be done? I made this point then, but people didnt seem to mind it much. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green