Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I'm almost as excited for Durarara x2 as I will be for AoT Season 2. I'm kinda bummed it will only be two seasons, but whatever (I get this from Mangaka's comments unless something changed). I'm excited regardless.

well just finished watching 25 episodes of aot(ova can wait for another time) and it looks like they ended it in a way that they didn't plan to make a second season. Anyways it wasn't bad it kind of reminded me a bit of fma in a way or at least in the way i felt about watching it. It kind of draws you in and keeps you watching regardless of what people think of it i thought it was decent and worth watching overall

MASTER RACE

Just look at the replies. BECAUSE SOMEHOW PC MASTERRACE = RACISM, WHITE SUPREMACY, and NAZIs idk?

PCGamer rekt by Notch.
MNxujVu.png

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

This artstyle doesn't get any better, right? Idk if i should call it weird, or just bad... lol. It's more detailed than "the girl that jumps through time" that's for sure, still this one lacks detail too.

34f34f34f34f_zpscaa14a18.png

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

This artstyle doesn't get any better, right? Idk if i should call it weird, or just bad... lol. It's more detailed than "the girl that jumps through time" that's for sure, still this one lacks detail too.

34f34f34f34f_zpscaa14a18.png

it is weird yes not bad just different

Cmon, i can draw better than this

45g45g4545_zpsf43c70dd.png

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

wait till they start fighting things and you will see weird for an anime lol

Haha now it went back to normal but uncommon, i hope it stays like it, and madoka looks normal when looking at her from the side!

And yeah, the beginning was super weird but didn't look bad at all, i'll wait for more to have a more solid opinion, though the image above shows lazyness from the people drawing.

Just look at the replies. BECAUSE SOMEHOW PC MASTERRACE = RACISM, WHITE SUPREMACY, and NAZIs idk?

PCGamer rekt by Notch.
MNxujVu.png

People have issues.

47222447.jpg

Wireless keyboard. Its so small compared to my Steelseries.

20150114_171008.jpg

and my first anime related model. The Yamato.

20150114_170800.jpg

Not sure why it has the heavy duty plastic ties. Did it try to escape before?

Blarg

@Charger oh, so that's what you meant with "wait till they start fighting things and you will see weird for an anime lol" HOLY SHIT. This was the weirdest thing i've ever seen, idk if i'll keep watching, i know some people gave it a 10, but this weird shit, the horrible animation, lack of detail in some parts, i just can't see myself liking this.

PCGamer is stupid. http://www.pcgamer.c...pc-master-race/

What if "nobody cares" :P I'll never drop pc gaming over a console for modifications. Consoles can't do this. Not without voiding your entire waranty. This entire pc vs console thing is pointless c: 

R9 270X can handle this with a pentium O.o Thank you neightbour again :3

QjupNTs.jpg

@Charger oh, so that's what you meant with "wait till they start fighting things and you will see weird for an anime lol" HOLY SHIT. This was the weirdest thing i've ever seen, idk if i'll keep watching, i know some people gave it a 10, but this weird shit, the horrible animation, lack of detail in some parts, i just can't see myself liking this.

the animation and style is something that pushed me away from it orginaly but overall it was good just different

So far i have watched the anime series subbed and it wasn't bad but I'm not really a fan of the art style used for the witches' labyrinths. I didn't even know there were movies so now i guess i have to look for them as well.

Although I'm not a fan of it, that certainly doesn't stop me from liking the overall effect it has or the anime itself. I just find it to be a little random in terms of the style of the rest of the anime

What episode are you on?

Just saw the first one, might keep going just because it's 12 eps long, but still, gonna be hard.

For example, that brunette Homura, she showed up long hair, typical brunette awesome, beautiful, every1 goes nuts when she shows up.

Should look like this:

Yuiko_Icon.png

(Kurugaya Yuiko from Little Busters)

At least then, it seems like they've invested some time and effort in doing it, instead it looks like this:

pSzMD6u.png

the animation and style is something that pushed me away from it orginaly but overall it was good just different

Exactly, i feel the story has to be superb to compensate for that artstyle, reason why i might keep going for at least 5 or 6 episodes.

Enabled Full RGB colour on my monitor. So good.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

@eelnico09 Your second picture appears to be broken. Nevermind, got it. Are you upset that she didn't fit into a standard character archetype?

But Gekidan INU Curry has collaborated with SHAFT on a few projects, including Bakemonogatari and Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei. They did a lot of work in Madoka too. Their style is polarizing, I suppose.

@cae Fixed

I saw some monogatari on it, it's weird as fuck, but it's not bad, but the predominant artstyle(when they don't fight and i question myself if my dinner had acid) is just too weird/bad/low quality, it feels when you see the same animation over and over, you know it's just lazyness, this gives me the same sensation, it feels like they did a frame in a like 5 minutes, but if they did it in 10 or 15 it would look much better and detailed.

You're right, there are a few scenes, especially when characters are placed at a distance, that tend to go off-model. They make up for it in other scenes though. That's about the only consolation I can offer. It's one of the reasons why I won't put it on a 10/10 pedestal. I still love the show, but the animation isn't as consistent as something from, say, Kyoto Animation or Bones.

I personally hate that animation has such an impact on myself, because i think aside from that it doesn't look bad at all, and with this animation you can't possibly have random fanservice/ecchi, i don't see that happening, which is good. I will keep watching to see if other scenes or things compensate it.

I mean i actually was very disturbed by Lovely Complex's animation:

Lovely_Complex_-_1.jpg

Because it was the very first anime with an "uncommon" artstyle i saw (see above, Kurugaya Yuiko, that's "normal" artstyle), but the story ended up being wonderful and i think atm i gave it a 10 and nowadays that kind of style is not thaaaaat uncommon (i've seen like 5 anime with that style so far).

So yeah, might just be something i have to get used to i guess.

Sorry, but it's kind of common knowledge that Madoka's first few episodes were pretty badly animated.

Saying it's simply different is like saying Dark Souls 2's 60fps problems were added difficulty instead of bugs.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Sorry, but it's kind of common knowledge that Madoka's first few episodes were pretty badly animated.

Saying it's simply different is like saying Dark Souls 2's 60fps problems were added difficulty instead of bugs.

Sorry it seems like its been a year+ since I watched it I find it hard to remember the overall quality of the first few episodes. I was referring to the witches' labyrinths when saying that but feel free say as you wish.

Sigh it is that time again.. I am having issues finding something to watch.

MAL

I will be done watching ROD in a day or so.. so I need something to watch.

The stuff on my plan to watch isn't all a plan to watch as much as shit people mentioned and I look into later.

On a side note I just finished DA:I and am going to start playing Valkyria Chronicles (on PC).. Pretty sure the dub is good from what I have heard and what my brother said from playing it and using a gamepad is the way to go.. Unless you guys suggest otherwise... 

The stuff on my plan to watch isn't all a plan to watch as much as shit people mentioned and I look into later.

Sounds like my Hulu queue lol

Sounds like my Hulu queue lol

Hah that is how it ends up if you try to manage it well it seems. 

I haven't found a good TV version of MAL.. not that it matters as I don't watch as much TV as anime..

I mostly just use plex to keep track of what I have seen now.

No suggestions though? 

Ur list is huge, can't you name a few anime you REALLY liked? For us to recommend.

From your watchlist i recommend amagami ss and chuunibyo.