Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
On 1/31/2016 at 8:46 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

Going to test the tagging to see if it works properly. Several things I'm not actually getting notifications for, but most should be resolved once the forum has had time to rebuild itself. 

I'm on the list and didn't get a notification :\

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

ya it was updated and shortened which to me basically means made more broad and open to interpretation by the mods while giving less for people to use as evidence to try to support their case that what they did was allowed by the coc

If that's the case, my interpretation is that it only says not to post pirated/cracked content and talking about it is fine.

In that regards, XDCC via IRC is awesome (it can even support SSL). Like torrents, but directly to a server so better & consistent bandwidth. Also: longer longevity (i.e. the files live longer, whereas torrents only do if it's popular).

If anyone is interested in a guide, let me know. It's effectively the poor man's Usenet because it's free.

>the joke is that I've already talked about the above, 

I got clarification:

@Vitalius Talking about piracy is fine. Posting pirated content or aiding others in committing piracy is not. And before anyone asks, no, we do not equate torrenting per se with pirating.

So, example:

• "How do I get uTorrent to run?" - Fine[/*]
  • "How do I download this TV show from the bay?" - Not fine[/*]

You are wonderful, and the world is better for having you a part of it. Gratzi.

You da bomb.

I take it this means that talking about XDCC (since it's used to transfer anything, it's just heavily used for piracy like torrents is) is fine.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You had a shower scene to show it off!

Well, yeah... after a fight like the one with Monev, wouldn't you want to take a shower?

And what better way to show that I'm not just a happy-go-lucky OP punk, than to show that I've paid the price for my years of reckless pacifism by showing that I'm more ground beef than torso? It's not like I was just pulling a Chun Li so the audience could ogle my breasteses.

2 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

That falls short when it's his router acting up. Imagine if his RSBPI complained several hundred times and it was just his shitty modem.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 hour ago, Vitalius said:

I take it this means that talking about XDCC (since it's used to transfer anything, it's just heavily used for piracy like torrents is) is fine.

That is my current interpretation of the CS, and I'll enact it that way until I'm told that I was wrong. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Just logged back onto the website, looks like I'll finally be able to get notifications through phone. Will probably be more active now. I think lol.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Just now, AyBuild said:

Just logged back onto the website, looks like I'll finally be able to get notifications through phone. Will probably be more active now. I think lol.

Great. Have a MAL FR.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

27 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I got clarification:

See? This is people being smart.

Also I`ll mention one last thing.

In the anime forum where I`m currently moderator with near 800 000 posts, near 33 000 threads and over 29 000 members is going very dead.

All because I and my fellow moderators were too hard on people with rules. All for the good content for people but over in the years we got lost in our way and now we have may be under 1000 regulars members.

10 years labour into the drain because of just being too strict. ;)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

11 minutes ago, alpenwasser said:

That is my current interpretation of the CS, and I'll enact it that way until I'm told that I was wrong. :D

Thanks. And if you have to delete my posts, then cool. 

Just now, Belgarionbg said:

In the anime forum where I`m currently moderator with near 800 000 posts, near 33 000 threads and over 29 000 members is going very dead.

All because I and my fellow moderators were too hard no people with rules. All for the good content for people but over in the years we got lost in our way and now we have may be under 1000 regulars members.

Cool

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Great. Have a MAL FR.

Hahahhaahahahaha these new notifications, 'so and so agrees with your post' my notifications are going to be abused...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

Ok so now i'm stuck. got the background and everything removed on all the layers but now im stuck with how do i export it with a transparent background... 
If i export it with transparency enabled all the layers overlap until the gif finishes out, meaning it starts correctly but as it moves to the next frame the last frame is left visible behind it

If transparency is off everything works fine and exports and looks good but i need the transparency to work since i want to use it as a profile pic hopefully or maybe profile image.. help me plz...

56afb9e55ee6c_Tsubasatransparanceygifhel

Heres my export settings. using export to web tab

Spoiler

56afb9e4292ce_exportsettings.thumb.jpg.2

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

With this new forum i get triple the notifications i used to get, and it's harder to find the "go to last post read" or whatever it was called before -_-

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Just now, azurezeed said:

With this new forum i get triple the notifications i used to get, and it's harder to find the "go to last post read" or whatever it was called before -_-

yea still dont know where that option is though i just look for the red line on the form and theres where new posts start

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

5 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Ok so now i'm stuck. got the background and everything removed on all the layers but now im stuck with how do i export it with a transparent background... 
If i export it with transparency enabled all the layers overlap until the gif finishes out, meaning it starts correctly but as it moves to the next frame the last frame is left visible behind it

If transparency is off everything works fine and exports and looks good but i need the transparency to work since i want to use it as a profile pic hopefully or maybe profile image.. help me plz...

56afb9e55ee6c_Tsubasatransparanceygifhel

Heres my export settings. using export to web tab

Reveal hidden contents

56afb9e4292ce_exportsettings.thumb.jpg.2

Try exporting as a PNG. Supports transparency and animation. Apart from that got no clue.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

10 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

All because I and my fellow moderators were too hard on people with rules. All for the good content for people but over in the years we got lost in our way and now we have may be under 1000 regulars members.

yep I have seem forums go dead like that but normally after a change in management leading to rule changes and pissing off the older members.

Just now, That_Random_Guy said:

yea still dont know where that option is though i just look for the red line on the form and theres where new posts start

i know, i click on the notification and usually i end up where i left, but sometimes it doesn't work and the notification send me to the last page

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

2 minutes ago, AyBuild said:

Try exporting as a PNG. Supports transparency and animation. Apart from that got no clue.

tried it. gonna fiddle with the png concept a bit more, the transparency is working the png doesnt have the animation. its just one frame with the transparent background

Just now, Charger said:

yep I have seem forums go dead like that but normally after a change in management leading to rule changes and pissing off the older members.

We tried that a couple of times in the years. I`m one of the few core members so I stayed to guide new staff. I interfere less and less in the years hoping in that way I would not scare the new members. But it was already too late.

Also there are other problems as well. I`m comparatively old dude, who watch anime in the last 26 years. I have seen too much and there is almost nothing new for me.

In the same time most of our new members in the last 3, 4 years watch mostly mainstream animes like Naruto and so on. And because of that there is almost no way to bring good discussion in all threads.

The sad part is almost all the core members are already married with kids, and so I`m left lonely on the front. This is why I watch animes like mad, to deafen the loneliness.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

now im even more confused....

if i press the play animation button i have circled in the pic it looks fine with transparency on. but if i press the preview button on the left i get the problem in the pic above, and if i export it it turns out like the preview with all the problems. Why you no look like the play animation button?

Spoiler

56afbec45b2fc_wftconfusednow.thumb.jpg.d

Nvm notifications still don't work... Anyone got them to push through chrome?

Probably not, I'll give it time.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

1 minute ago, That_Random_Guy said:

tried it. gonna fiddle with the png concept a bit more, the transparency is working the png doesnt have the animation. its just one frame with the transparent background

If I was home I could be of more use. 

Trying to find this on the web seems to just bring up the same thing.

Good luck.

Blarg

11 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Sorry, I don't really know that much about animation in  Photoshop.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

•  

Finally seem to have gotten it. I didn't have the frames set to dispose after they were playing so it left a ghosting effect. heres the finished product though i may just make the gif from scratch because the quality is pretty shit imo, but least its a step, and not everyone has a transparent version. cant tell if the transparency is working just yet but its enabled, all thats left is to set it as a profile pic and find out. thanks for at least attempting to help me out. there again i get more help from this thread than the form as a whole.
Final-Tsubasa-Export-2.gif.06448d3203f3e

1 hour ago, tobben said:

Let me just fix that for you :D, the coc was growing rather large and maybe intimidating
on first glance. So they reworked it, making it shorter and more concise, easier to read.

I will bring that up though, maybe a few things need more clarification. 

58 minutes ago, alpenwasser said:

MODS everyyywherexD

Btw hmmm.. Where can I find the CoC again? (tried to Google but didn't find > Clash of Clans keeps getting on my way!:dry:)

It might be a good idea to read it:D ( I have read it but don't remember like anything...)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya