Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Ooh, two more first-episodes to try...

Asterisk War (1). mediocre.

I was willing to cut this a little slack when its intro was a fairly nicely animated action scene which ended in a bloody death, but that goodwill lasted all of ten seconds until your typical BS narration started, and then the MC idiotically intruded on a girl who was changing. After that, things played out as you'd expect. So yeah, I've literally seen this show at least 30 times already, with the most superficial of variations... what does this iteration offer? Some absurdly nice animation for this kind of crap, and an obsession with stupidly tame fanservice, and that's about it. Unless you live and breathe these shows, you won't be getting much out of it. Not Ladies vs Butler's over the top lewdness, not Campione's bombastic opening episode, not even Zero no Tsukaima's marginally interesting premise. It did nothing particularly wrong in following its genre's formula to the letter, but it didn't do anything new either.

Young Black Jack (1). great.

Yay, another awfully mismatched OP for a show that's actually pretty good once you get past it. This is one of the season's few series that I had any hopes for, and it's managed to match them. Not only were there very few shots without some animation, but they didn't shy away from telling a real story, instead of lamely bombarding us with tame fanservice or stock teen-friendly premises. It's got a slightly silly old-school edge to it that may be a bit tough to get past, but everyone who wants to call themselves a true anime or manga fan really should experience at least one Tezuka story, and here's your chance. This seems like a solid adaptation, and Dr. Patches McShounen here can be quite fun to watch once you get used to the weird sense of humor and strangely bloodless surgeries.

Cats are assholes! Was petting one, and out of nowhere he bit my wrist. <.<

Proper response is to bop it on the head, well that or bite it back.

Or, pour water on it. :D

Then you use have a wet cat that is going to get other things wet. You can use one of those sprayer things though. Some cats also super hate canned air. Had to use this on one of my cats as he like water you could spray him and he would just get more comfy.

well guess i have to check that out. I don't think i have seen you say something was great lol

Here's a short list of fairly recent "great" ratings I gave on here, IIRC (for select episodes at least):

Blood Blockade Battlefront, Ghost in the Shell Arise, Ore Monogatari, Working!!!, Actually I'm..., Chihayafuru, Yamato 2199. I even gave Seraph's first episode a great rating, for what little that's worth. Noragami's current episode was quite close to getting one too.

So Asterisk War and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry started the exact same way... It was uncanny.

However, Cavalry is worth sticking with, it takes a totally different path from 95% of these stories, and will have actual romance and not just lame male castration jokes.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

See ya life:

e3b3488023.jpg

Before anyone asks. THIS IS A CRUNCHY ROLL EXCLUSIVE!

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I have finished Hyouka, here are my thoughts about it:

Progression:

It had a lukewarm start that did not really pull me in, later on the school festival arc started and I loved it through and through. It had a good feel about it and it was the closest the series got to an actual consistent plot or goal of any description. But after that it just sort of fizzled out. It made for a poor ending.

Art:

Animation was very good, as expected of Kyoto Animation.

Audio:

Music was not anything spectacular.

Voice work was very fitting, no complaints there.

Characters:

The characters are passable but pretty shallow in the development department. I like Oreki, because I like intelligent characters, Chitanda is a manic pixie dream girl if I ever saw one but her smile makes my heart melt so I guess I'll let that slip a little bit. Mayaka and Satoshi were pretty bland.

Athmosphere:

It had a jarring feel about most of the minor mysteries. Overly dramatic and ominous. Otherwise it was generally plesant.

Verdict: 6/10 or " Above Average"

Rewatch: Maybe

Disclaimer: I am not a serious reviewer of any description. Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Then you use have a wet cat that is going to get other things wet. You can use one of those sprayer things though. Some cats also super hate canned air. Had to use this on one of my cats as he like water you could spray him and he would just get more comfy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/chis-sweet-home-chis-new-address/episode-59-chi-gets-wet-531516

@Avericious Some of the things you mention as negative about Hyouka are positives for me. The blown-out-of-proportion mysteries that are time after time shown to be petty and trivial is part of the grounded charm it has. And sort of its own dry comedy.

Also, Hyouka needs a different approach from the viewer, it's more about being immersed in a nostalgic feeling than being entertained. I don't know where you went to school, but my two first schools (in Norway) were both really old, small village schools and I could practically smell the wood grain when I watched Hyouka. It took me back.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Gets datavac air compressor.  "Here kitty kitty!"

no you dont call a cat over and then blow air at it that is just mean. Also the DataVac is a vacuum not an air compressor.

so good!

no you dont call a cat over and then blow air at it that is just mean. Also the DataVac is a vacuum not an air compressor.

my dad has a 60gal air compressor i could use 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Alright back from work! Time to get uhh work done... What the hell?....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpB590FtqU&index=5&list=PLl_m5KWAf70jcdULSwpQ1sabYWUwvrh0V

When people try to prove wrong Facts, using an Opinion.
When people give bad information thinking it's correct, then i, or someone, corrects them, and w/o double checking that person if the correction was wrong, insists that the information was correct.
And the worst, when i prove someone wrong and that person desbeliefs my(reliable) sources and keeps on thinking they are right.

This is very specific: When playing dota2, someone does something really stupid and not only they don't accept that what they did was wrong, but they argue that it was a correct decision when it clearly wasn't. This can be applied to many other scenarios out of the game, but i can't explain it w/o that example.

So in general, i'm only intorable towards quite specific stuff.

Makes sense, giving it's beta. Nothing happened with the update though.

Thanks for your input!

oh wow i want to have a crack at making something like that, looks cool

It must really be hard to make... I'm assuming it's done by hand.
95477bae8fc06bee26d97f358f8bb942eb531150

ddde2104f178c136136b76b96eab389dec406bab

There is gonna be some goodies thrown in actually just for you and for @wolfgang once I can find a place to source what I need.

Mech or nothing for the giveaway keyboards

and some spice and wolf stuff for wolfgang, probably some WoT stuff for them, sourcing some touhou stuff for Fred as well as direct imports.

o.0 You don't have to send me anything!

I don't need any WoT stuff either! Touhou however.... I'm a touhou music junkie... ok maybe I'm a touhou addict....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyG1-NQe5Ho&list=PLl_m5KWAf70jcdULSwpQ1sabYWUwvrh0V&index=2

What I really need to work on is getting monitors again, I have two dead monitors sitting behind me lol...

It looks hella weird if characters move too much when just talking :P

tumblr_no9ji1vMfk1rs44w5o1_540.gif

I'll have to agree....

I have finished Hyouka, here are my thoughts about it:

Progression:
It had a lukewarm start that did not really pull me in, later on the school festival arc started and I loved it through and through. It had a good feel about it and it was the closest the series got to an actual consistent plot or goal of any description. But after that it just sort of fizzled out. It made for a poor ending.

Art:
Animation was very good, as expected of Kyoto Animation.

Audio:
Music was not anything spectacular.
Voice work was very fitting, no complaints there.

Characters:
The characters are passable but pretty shallow in the development department. I like Oreki, because I like intelligent characters, Chitanda is a manic pixie dream girl if I ever saw one but her smile makes my heart melt so I guess I'll let that slip a little bit. Mayaka and Satoshi were pretty bland.

Athmosphere:
It had a jarring feel about most of the minor mysteries. Overly dramatic and ominous. Otherwise it was generally plesant.

Verdict: 5.5/10 or "Average"
Rewatch: Maybe

Disclaimer: I am not a serious reviewer of any description. Take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ahh that's usually how most people find Hyouka after watching it. Satoshi and Mayaka are sometimes more popular than Oreki and Chitanda depending on the viewer however. Hyouka is filled with quite a bit of symbolism about various things, I'd pause in the middle of a episode and start thinking about the topic of discussion between the characters at times. 

I think the reason I actually liked Hyouka so much aside from the brilliant visuals(look below), was the feeling of normalcy it had and that it got me back into watching anime(I had stopped watching anime for quite a long period of time having lost interest in the medium of entertainment for one reason or another).  HSC members always mention how I've never posted my review of the series despite it being on my favorite series, this isn't because I've never written a review for it but instead because every time I finish writing a review for it I end up finding it not up to acceptable standards(it doesn't do review writing or the series justice).
http://i.imgur.com/9CTFSxh.gifv

My favorite character in Hyouka is hands down Oreki, but I'm sure everyone already knows that haha.
http://i.imgur.com/HWV1x3N.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/j8aAcYa.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/7ObjoYU.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/Zcn1eaC.gifv

Ever seen Spice and Wolf? If not I'd recommend you give it a go.
UAZJ9vF.jpg

See ya life:

Before anyone asks. THIS IS A CRUNCHY ROLL EXCLUSIVE!

Ahh the next Monogatari in the line. I'll need to find some time to give it a watch, hopefully it'll be worth the time spent.
http://i.imgur.com/SesB5Wg.gifv

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@Avericious Some of the things you mention as negative about Hyouka are positives for me. The blown-out-of-proportion mysteries that are time after time shown to be petty and trivial is part of the grounded charm it has. And sort of its own dry comedy.

Also, Hyouka needs a different approach from the viewer, it's more about being immersed in a nostalgic feeling than being entertained. I don't know where you went to school, but my two first schools (in Norway) were both really old, small village schools and I could practically smell the wood grain when I watched Hyouka. It took me back.

Haha Hyouka definitely isn't your typical high school anime, it's really got a really different feel to it. The atmosphere was quite relatable for me which is probably what instantly strikes viewers as different when they watch it if they didn't have a similar outlook to the characters. The series doesn't throw characters into accelerated relationships(episode one meets female lead | episode two already going out | episode ten future all set) but instead builds them up over time, it's your classic build up show with a down to earth tone. Your main character isn't some complicated lead with some dark secret or a heavy burden, he's just simply unenthusiastic about doing things he isn't required to do!

Oh oh give this a listen guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd8dBb55bk&index=7&list=PLl_m5KWAf70jcdULSwpQ1sabYWUwvrh0V

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

So my PS3 (it's the original fat one) is dead apparently.

1. Press power button.
  2. It powers on. Green light. Blue light starts blinking to check for disk.
  3. Yellow light comes on. System beeps.
  4. Red light comes on and begins blinking. System powered down.
  5. Red light keeps blinking until I hit the power button again. Then it's just the regular "off" red light.

Looks like YLOD. :*( Tried disassembling and cleaning out the optical drive & checking the internal HDD. Still had the issue. 

Guess I'll have it repaired or something. /sigh

I would use my slim (not super slim) PS3, but it's button area was broken off. No power/reset/eject button. I use used stuff, so I guess I should've expected this. 

@MyInnerFred That music is great. :D

Regarding the transition in animation from Hyouka to the Market one, every school kid being a uniquely animated person already (imo) shows high quality standards.

I'm used to the school kids who are just backdrop being grey/generic figurines at best.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@MyInnerFred That music is great. :D

Regarding the transition in animation from Hyouka to the Market one, every school kid being a uniquely animated person already (imo) shows high quality standards.

I'm used to the school kids who are just backdrop being grey/generic figurines at best.

Kyoani must have really been experimenting with different production methods for Hyouka, I remember somewhere mentioning that Hyouka was being animated in 900p by default. The production quality of the series as a whole was superb, alot of viewers found it disappointing all that effort was put into such a bland boring series(subjective of course) but I found it fitting for the show.

*shrugs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAf6YVG59Gw&list=PLl_m5KWAf70jcdULSwpQ1sabYWUwvrh0V&index=9

HSC members always mention how I've never posted my review of the series despite it being on my favorite series, this isn't because I've never written a review for it but instead because every time I finish writing a review for it I end up finding it not up to acceptable standards(it doesn't do review writing or the series justice).

the problem isnt so much that you have not posted one but every time you say i will do that after work then months later someone questions it again. I think at this point it is a running joke that you will write one after work one of these days.

The series doesn't throw characters into accelerated relationships(episode one meets female lead | episode two already going out | episode ten future all set) but instead builds them up over time, it's your classic build up show with a down to earth tone.

Is it to much to ask for

a kiss by the last episode?

Pondering if I should get it activated, or keep it to just wifi since I have a phone with unlimited data.

Keep it wifi and just use your phone as a hotspot.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This name is 10/10 and is actually good musics

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Welcome our newest member to the club @Mike_The_B0ss!

PilQDkt.jpg

the problem isnt so much that you have not posted one but every time you say i will do that after work then months later someone questions it again. I think at this point it is a running joke that you will write one after work one of these days.

Is it to much to ask for

a kiss by the last episode?

Haha yup....

They really threw us off at the end but you already know what'll happen with the characters later on.

Welcome @Mike_The_B0ss

139c9e9a43.gif

|King Of The Lost|

welcome @Mike_The_B0ss post-53818-0-73048800-1443913101.gif 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

and that is why my online life and real life are separate ;)

I am ashamed!