Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@MyInnerFred I want to ask your opinion on this. I just finished rewatching Hyouka yesterday and I got into a discussion with my friends about the ending, what is your personal opinion on the ending?

I'll put this in spoilers althought its technically not a spoiler

I felt that the ending was appropriate and can act as a very good plot device for season 2 if that's ever coming out if not the ending still serves as a way to let the viewers interpret the rest of the story on their own but some people seem to hate the ending with a passion, seeing that you are so into Hyouka, I want to hear what you thought about it

I will go as far as to say that I don't even want a season 2. I think it ended perfectly. Very beautiful.

But it has taken me some time to come to that conclusion, but it fits the anime perfectly.

Just divert all power to shields. Some people apparently made it out dry, preparation is key! Don't let anyone take you hostage!

Also here's a spoiler free cut in 50 seconds of the above video lol

LOL!

I skipped to the end in the original video too, but thanks! I will divert all power to shields before embarking on the mission.

Great. Now I'm all curious to know what the ending was. Why must you guys ruin my rose-colored work life?

Everybody dies horribly....... Oreki finally gets too much of all her jabbing and does a brutal murder/suicide thing.... :P naaah just kidding!

I figured that you and Fred knew eachother before you joined...seemed like that...How could you not have watched the ending yet?

But the ending is good.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

@MyInnerFred I want to ask your opinion on this. I just finished rewatching Hyouka yesterday and I got into a discussion with my friends about the ending, what is your personal opinion on the ending?

I'll put this in spoilers althought its technically not a spoiler

I felt that the ending was appropriate and can act as a very good plot device for season 2 if that's ever coming out if not the ending still serves as a way to let the viewers interpret the rest of the story on their own but some people seem to hate the ending with a passion, seeing that you are so into Hyouka, I want to hear what you thought about it

I agree with you. I thought it was fine how it ended. I remember thinking there was other ways they could have ended it too. I would have to rewatch the end to bring it all back.

_request__hyouka_by_krukmeister-d8eykpl%

If there is a second season I'm fine with the ending if there isn't I wish he would have actually said that at the end.

I figured that you and Fred knew eachother before you joined...seemed like that...How could you not have watched the ending yet?

We do know each other since before this club, but somehow I haven't had time to finish Hyouka (despite recently starting to help scanlate the manga). Weird how these things work out sometimes.

Great. Now I'm all curious to know what the ending was. Why must you guys ruin my rose-colored work life?

There was this grand space battle and Oreki discovers that Chitanda was a spy for the orcs all along but he decides to ignore the orders of the emperor and flys out in his mech to save her while Satoshi fires photon torpedos from the enterprise destroying earth and saving everyone from their robot overlords so that he can eat his pie.

Blarg

There was this grand space battle and Oreki discovers that Chitanda was a spy for the orcs all along but he decides to ignore the orders of the emperor and flys out in his mech to save her while Satoshi fires photon torpedos from the enterprise destroying earth and saving everyone from their robot overlords so that he can eat his pie.

Ah, ok. As long as there was moar dakka.

Yup that's the last straw I'm gonna finish my Hyouka review when I get home. Spoilers incoming.

Oh my... probably a wise thing to do before I sink my fangs into a review of Hyouka ;)

Speaking of reviews, Teekyu's back! And... well, it's Teekyu alright. The same short rapid-fire random comedy that you either love or despise. It's impossible to really review such brief, yet concentrated parody, but I still try. Better yet, there's a Teekyu spin-off as well this season (Takamiya Nasuno Desu) which is basically more of the same, just with different characters. I find Teekyu uniquely fascinating, even having watched Gag Manga Biyori... I just don't know if it makes me laugh at the jokes or how ridiculously fast it is. PS: the URL in the episode does work.

Yup that's the last straw I'm gonna finish my Hyouka review when I get home. Spoilers incoming.

the-boy-who-cried-wolf_02.jpg

:P :P :P

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Wolves you say? I havent seen any seen any wolves.

God, I should have seen that coming;-)

Plastic Memories episode 1 is making me people cry? Challenge accepted.

Didn't cry. Am I a monster?

Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club.

What you have 5 posts now? Get out of here. I'm done with you....... lol jk..................................................but serioursly what happened to the 1 post only club.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

What you have 5 posts now? Get out of here. I'm done with you....... lol jk..................................................but serioursly what happened to the 1 post only club.

Yeah, I'm just as disappointed in myself.. but hey, I'm not made of stone! When people send me a link to another sub-forum and ask me to comment on something, I don't always pay attention to whether it's off-topic.

Wow, I didn't even know posts in here weren't counted.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Wow, I didn't even know posts in here weren't counted.

yep off topic subforum posts don't count

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

yep off topic subforum posts don't count

Why is that exactly?

Also, does anyone on this forum watch the OKKO livestream?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

But light novels being better must be more of the rule than the exception.

valid 99% of the time (notable exceptions include Shinsekai yori), the following adaptation is usually inferior to the LN/magna in much the same way the book is almost always the superior medium.

from that, I drew that animu with good production value that were source-free original tend to get received pretty well (as there is no comparison to drag it down) and following adaptations sometimes have a harder time. Generally speaking this is much more vague of a claim.

Well, I act tough, but it's not like I've never cried to anime before. I just need better setup to be emotionally attached to something, that's all. Heck, I teared up in Birdy the Mighty's second season and Natsume Yuujinchou, so I'm hardly made of stone.

huh, strange, I don't seem to recall anything tear-worthy in Birdy. I can relate though, I only get the feels for characters I get attached to.

I think that's probably why I needed caffeine and eye drops to make my way though AB only to feel robbed by the last few seconds of the last episode.

I do have Natsume somewhere down in abyss, so hopefully that's good when I get around to it.

Error: 410

Why is that exactly?

Also, does anyone on this forum watch the OKKO livestream?

because it is assumed that your posts in off topic do not contribute the the forum and to keep people from spamming to get higher post counts

and I have no idea what that is

huh, strange, I don't seem to recall anything tear-worthy in Birdy. I can relate though, I only get the feels for characters I get attached to.

Just the reveal about Birdy's backstory in season two got to me.

I mean I could see it coming, but it's always painful to see such a positive character break down when they're forced to see reality for what it really is. That and her violent outburst in that scene reminded me of how people sometimes react to such overwhelming grief.

Just a heads up for everyone. You know how Chrome puts a "noise" icon on tabs making noise? Well in the developer options, there's a beta flag that you can enable that will let you mute tabs individually by clicking that icon. 

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/mute-noisy-tabs-in-google-chrome-1683215637

It is so useful.

Unrelated to that, 7 Days to Die is starting to look pretty good imo. Like Minecraft with better shaders. They just moved over to Unity 5. 

Alpha_11_forest_bridge_01.jpg
Alpha_11_burnt_forest_02.jpg

Alpha_11_stars_01.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah, I'm just as disappointed in myself.. but hey, I'm not made of stone! When people send me a link to another sub-forum and ask me to comment on something, I don't always pay attention to whether it's off-topic.

O RLY!!! I might start doing that. Helping you out if you know what I mean.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Ok I'm home, showered and dinner is made... what anime to watch? I finished Tsukimonogatari 2 days ago and now I'm hungry for more series! @Oshino Shinobu

Come on club I need some good suggestions!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^