curious, read later list and liked list?

Quackers101

Might be a lot to deal with, just thought it could be a "nice to have".

From comments you have not fully read or is going to respond to later.

Having a list of those you want to read or liked?

Just so I can add everyone for the christmas list. Happy christmas!

For liked, people like posts rather than topics so I'm not sure how useful it would be to show the list of posts that you've liked, since you've already read them. There is a view that somewhat answers it though, accessible by clicking "reputation" on your profile: https://linustechtips.com/profile/779624-quackers101/reputation/. It does mix reactions given and received though.

For a read later or bookmarks list, it's been suggested a few times, but most of the time browser bookmarks are sufficient to achieve what people want to get out of it - is there a reason that they don't work here, or are they just not quite as elegant?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

For liked, people like posts rather than topics so I'm not sure how useful it would be to show the list of posts that you've liked

Yeah, I guess not.

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

For a read later or bookmarks list, it's been suggested a few times, but most of the time browser bookmarks are sufficient to achieve what people want to get out of it - is there a reason that they don't work here, or are they just not quite as elegant?

It would just be a nice addon, not sure how much of it would be used and maybe few. As for bookmarks, I guess it depends how the browser and the person using it. Could be used, but having it built in, might be nice if it makes sense to use it or how its going to be used.

Else it was just something I thought would be a "nice to have", not exactly an "need" for it.

4 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

It would just be a nice addon, not sure how much of it would be used and maybe few. As for bookmarks, I guess it depends how the browser and the person using it. Could be used, but having it built in, might be nice if it makes sense to use it or how its going to be used.

You can always follow a topic and select to receive no notifications for new posts. You can find a list of all the threads you follow by clicking Managed Followed Content (from your user menu). That in effect gives you a list of topics to read later and accessible from multiple devices. Though personally I find bookmarking in the web browser to be easier and popular browsers can sync bookmarks across devices providing you're using the same browser on each device.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450