Windows 7 or 8.1?

rambi36
Go to solution Solved by mgsstar,

When I put the product key in during the installation it says that it is invalid and won't even let me continue past that no matter what i do :/. I was gonna get an ssd tomorrow because even when i had win 8.1 it was still pretty slow for me when it comes to opening programs and stuff. Support isn't really much of a deal breaker to me as much as it is to other people. By the time 7 support ends, hopefully microsoft will get their shit together and actually make a better version of windows. But as of now, I'm leaning towards 7. I also realized that with my keyboard (Razer Deathstalker), it has more input lag than on 7.

The metro design is awful imo, but I can live without a start menu (Maybe not for much longer though)

Edit the ei.cfg in the installation disk:http://superuser.com/questions/498436/install-windows-8-without-a-product-key

Windows 8.1 has all the features of Windows 7, so go for it!..

Its the best!..

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I would go 8.1. Its newer, and windows 8.1 is faster in games and applications and is also much more secure

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 8.1 and I don't have anything to complain about it! Fast, reliable and makes my games runs a lot better. That's all I could ask for!

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF|CPU Cooling: Deepcool AK620|RAMGigabyte AORUS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200|Storage: 2x M.2: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue|GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti ELITE 12G|Monitors: Primary : LG 28GP83B-B Secondary: Asus VG27VQ|Sound: Sennheiser HD 560 S with FiiO E10K USB DAC|Keyboard: HyperX Alloy Origins 65|Mouse: Razer Deathadder V3 Pro|Mouse Pad: Corsair MM700|OS: Windows 11 Professionnal 64-bit|Motherboard: Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX|PSU: Corsair RM850x|Case: DeepCool Matrexx 50