Redmi note series. Have my eyes on 6+128 model, which one to choose???

mrchow19910319

I do not play mobile games at all. I only care about whether the OS is stable, also, battery life. 

I am currently using a note8pro, which I am really happy with. I have been using it for like 2 years. Gave me no issue whatsoever. It had great battery life, and I flashed the original version of MIUI, and the OS had been super stable. Never gave me issue. 

So, I had my eyes on these 4 modles, which one should I choose?? Is it wise to wait for a while and see how the latest note 11 perform?

So, the G88 is slower than G90T??? XiaoMi putting out newer phones with crappier specs?? LOL

Do you guys have any other recommendations??

real.png.7c0c577e69c21356a7597badfaf8bfe4.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Is there a particular reason why only Redmi phones are in consideration?

Other than redmi, the only choice I have is OPPO?? right? for the similar price point.. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

Other than redmi, the only choice I have is OPPO?? right? for the similar price point.. 

No, you also have other phones from xiaomi like the poco x3 pro for example, I recently bought one and am loving it, even with heavy usage I'm getting around 1.5-2 days battery life from it, plus it's 33W charging too, so if you're getting low you can pop it on charge for 30 mins to top up the battery again. Cost me £169 for the 6/128 option, typically 1-2 weeks later (now), went on sale the 8/256 model came down to around that price 😞

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Motorola is also owned by Lenovo, a Chinese brand, and supplies phones to the Chinese market. My Motorola is fantastic. Stock android experience and does everything I need it to and has expandable storage up to 1tb.

5 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

No, you also have other phones from xiaomi like the poco x3 pro for example, I recently bought one and am loving it, even with heavy usage I'm getting around 1.5-2 days battery life from it, plus it's 33W charging too, so if you're getting low you can pop it on charge for 30 mins to top up the battery again. Cost me £169 for the 6/128 option, typically 1-2 weeks later (now), went on sale the 8/256 model came down to around that price 😞

okay let me find out how much it cost here in china thank you!

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Motorola is also owned by Lenovo, a Chinese brand, and supplies phones to the Chinese market. My Motorola is fantastic. Stock android experience and does everything I need it to and has expandable storage up to 1tb.

I see. What model is that ?

4 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

okay let me find out how much it cost here in china thank you!

I see. What model is that ?

I have a slightly older model, Moto G7+, not sure if it is available in the old phone market there. Motorola is the new Nokia for build quality. I've beaten and abused this phone and the sum total for damage is a few microscratches on the screen. Recently got someone to switch from an older iPhone and they dropped it on its face and thought they broke it only to pick it up and see a little bit of dust on the screen. 

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I have a slightly older model, Moto G7+, not sure if it is available in the old phone market there. Motorola is the new Nokia for build quality. I've beaten and abused this phone and the sum total for damage is a few microscratches on the screen. Recently got someone to switch from an older iPhone and they dropped it on its face and thought they broke it only to pick it up and see a little bit of dust on the screen. 

I will look into this, but right now I will have to focus on redmi... I'm sorry

12 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What about the international Redmi Note 10 Pro with SD732G and 120Hz OLED screen?

thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it later! 

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I'm not sure if the the international version will work in China. Might want to check on it

I suggested this because its the model that will receive the most custom rom support considering the specs and Snapdragon SoC

yeah, I know. I will look into it. I also might get a second hand note 8 pro I think..

55 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Why are you replacing it with another?

gave the old one to my mom, and getting a 128GB one... pretty solid little machine, also I can use GMS on it. Newer Redmi phone does not come with GMS and xiaomi actually blocked it in the OS.